NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mko!

May 10, 2022
Hi again.

Here are my bifurcation settings in bios. Only 1 NVMe shows

Supermicro X9DA7
ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2 PCIe 3.0 - Qty 2, NVMe installed on card

Attachments

sko

Jun 11, 2021
The slot numbering in BIOS often doesn't line up with whats printed on the board and/or (especially) on the risers. You basically have to find out which one in the BIOS corresponds to the actualy physical port (and maybe label them accordingly somewhere in the case).
I also had to play this game last week with one of our servers here that got an AOC-SLG3-2M2 card - riser imprint said "slot 3", corresponding one in BIOS was "slot 2"...

eholyst

Mar 16, 2017
Replied. Hope you and your family have a happy thanksgiving. Let me know if you need anything else.

vis

Jan 8, 2023
good day! on the x9dri-f rev 1.11a motherboard, I installed a board with two NVMes in the bios, installed PCI-E 4x4x4x4, launched the proxmox OS, but there is no boot override, I crawled the entire bios, how to make the OS hum?

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
the motherboard doesn't see boot override nvme disks
they do not show as NVMe in any case.
the patch gives only NVMe support, the other modules are same and probably don't support giving these drives.