NVMe boot with SuperMicro X9DA7 & X9DRi-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nkintzel

Apr 19, 2023
Only thing I can think of is bifurcation on the card.
I'm on Slot six with my card - it's the first x16 slot - Bifurication is set to 4x4x4x4 but i've tried without bifurication as well. I even moved the m.2 to another slot on the card to test.

eholyst

Mar 16, 2017
The other thing you can try just as a verification. You can open the modded bios up and verify the nvme driver is inserted/saved into it. That is if you have the original file you used to flash available. Not implying you did it wrong I just know I myself had forgotten atleast once to hit insert after loading the module.

eholyst

Mar 16, 2017
It sounds like from what you tried that should have shown atleast one ssd from what their documentation says about lack of bifurcation. Although I am not sure if it is a specific slot it has to be in when bifurcation is not enabled or it just picks one m2 to show. You could try putting it in the other 2 slots on the card unless you have done that originally with your testing.

nkintzel

Apr 19, 2023
The other thing you can try just as a verification. You can open the modded bios up and verify the nvme driver is inserted/saved into it. That is if you have the original file you used to flash available. Not implying you did it wrong I just know I myself had forgotten atleast once to hit insert after loading the module.

I updated through IPMI using the code generator

1681950254398.png

nkintzel

Apr 19, 2023
That does look correct.
Thanks for confirming - In the snip I actually showed the wrong edited bios on the right....it is missing a pad file. But that got me wondering so I flashed again just a bit ago with one that includes the missing pad plus driver inserted. I too many versions on my desktop i guess :|. I suppose I'll just try another card unless someone else has any ideas.

eholyst

Mar 16, 2017
Only two other options hardware wise I can think of is an older ssd with a legacy orom or I know highpoint makes some m2 cards with bootable bios. Although the second option is definitely not cheap. I know that is skirting around the present issue at hand but just an fyi.

roch

Aug 31, 2023
win-raid bios mod guide link is not working anymore.

Is there another guide? Does someone has an already modified x9drd-if bios?

Thanks