WTS GFX Cards (Mining Rigs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
I wanted to purchase all cards, he kept making excuses and refused to accept my payment with paypal. Then he said the deal had to be swift because his friend has to leave.

If a deal has this many hickkups then it's almost always a sham. When people start saying 'benefit of the doubt' you know what time it is. Geene g all over again.
I said that- as my general rule; and lets be clear- I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED- period

SCCMguy

Nov 6, 2015
Well hopefully OP comes out of the cave and clears all this up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
If people don't accept PayPal that's an immediate red flag. If they then ask for crypto or some non cc protection payment that's another.

Reactions: Joel

abq

May 23, 2015
Hi Guys, Sorry, I should have posted this earlier. I ordered 12 velociraptors drives from ELit3 back in early September. Poor shipping & bad drives. I said "arrived in beat up toner box and zero padding!" ELit3 said "I didn't pack them they were packed at the local pack and ship." Gave ELit3 benefit of doubt, chalked it up to naive seller, and never got my refund. ...I should have posted warning.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
Hi Guys, Sorry, I should have posted this earlier. I ordered 12 velociraptors drives from ELit3 back in early September. Poor shipping & bad drives. I said "arrived in beat up toner box and zero padding!" ELit3 said "I didn't pack them they were packed at the local pack and ship." Gave ELit3 benefit of doubt, chalked it up to naive seller, and never got my refund. ...I should have posted warning.
At least you got em though. That's some small hope. By my count there's well over 3000 bucks between all the buyers here, well into felony territory.

SCCMguy

Nov 6, 2015
do you have a shipping label?

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@Patrick, I strongly advise you to reconsider your stance on crypto currency payments on the forums. PayPal only for me from now on. No exceptions. No "friends and family" payments.
It’s not the responsibility of the admins and mods to make sure people make smart choices. For the right people here I’ll gladly send F&F for smaller transactions. I understand and accept the risk. Hopefully the people who got burned here understood and accepted those risks as well, but if not they have only themselves and the seller to blame.

It’s just like all the obvious scam eBay listings people seem to love “rolling the dice on” even though it’s clear they are scams. We inevitably see complaints about how slow PayPal is to refund as if that wasn’t a known issue with PayPal and they weren’t almost guaranteed to need a refund.

Let’s help new buyers and sellers learn, and watch out for each other with scams, but still let adults make their own decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
It’s not the responsibility of the admins and mods to make sure people make smart choices. For the right people here I’ll gladly send F&F for smaller transactions. I understand and accept the risk. Hopefully the people who got burned here understood and accepted those risks as well, but if not they have only themselves and the seller to blame.

It’s just like all the obvious scam eBay listings people seem to love “rolling the dice on” even though it’s clear they are scams. We inevitably see complaints about how slow PayPal is to refund as if that wasn’t a known issue with PayPal and they weren’t almost guaranteed to need a refund.

Let’s help new buyers and sellers learn, and watch out for each other with scams, but still let adults make their own decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just sent Patrick a note about this exact issue. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE that I have no one to blame but myself. The warning signs were all there.

However, Patrick occupies a leadership position on this corner of the interwebs, and has been championing the use of crypto for untrusted transactions, which is not its intended purpose. Some among us apparently have chosen to take the leap of faith (trust?) with Patrick, just as I and others did with Elit3.

Q2 2017 STH Lab Cleaning

Q1 2017 STH Lab Cleaning

(Note the blue bold text about accepting Monero).

Is it the job of the admins to hold my hand, or pay me back if I do something stupid? NO.

Do the admins establish the culture or "set the tone" of this motley gang of eggheads? ABSOLUTELY.

And the culture of which we are all a part of, has made us vulnerable.

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
@Joel , you are ridiculous. I gave him access to my PMs with ELit3 and he still thinks I am a shill. I am unwilling to show my bank information with anyone besides a Mod or Admin.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
I just sent Patrick a note about this exact issue. I ABSOLUTELY AGREE that I have no one to blame but myself. The warning signs were all there.

However, Patrick occupies a leadership position on this corner of the interwebs, and has been championing the use of crypto for untrusted transactions, which is not its intended purpose. Some among us apparently have chosen to take the leap of faith (trust?) with Patrick, just as I and others did with Elit3.

Q2 2017 STH Lab Cleaning

Q1 2017 STH Lab Cleaning

(Note the blue bold text about accepting Monero).

Is it the job of the admins to hold my hand, or pay me back if I do something stupid? NO.

Do the admins establish the culture or "set the tone" of this motley gang of eggheads? ABSOLUTELY.

And the culture of which we are all a part of, has made us vulnerable.
This is absurd.

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
This is absurd.
I am going to have to agree with you on this one. I made the transactions in full knowledge of my actions. Cyrptocurrency is becoming the new paypal without any protections. There are services out there that will put the funds into escrow accounts and make sure that both the seller and buyer are happy before processing the funds.

But on my note. I called Google Wallet and told them to start processing a scam dispute. They sent me an email with a link to fill out all of the information. The representative stayed on the line with me the whole time and confirmed that the received the forms. I did ask him when the funds were transferred out of the sellers account and he informed me that it was done that same day (11/29/2017).

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
@Joel , you are ridiculous. I gave him access to my PMs with ELit3 and he still thinks I am a shill. I am unwilling to show my bank information with anyone besides a Mod or Admin.
No you didn't. It's actually not possible to do that, I looked after I asked you.