WTS GFX Cards (Mining Rigs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Tell me to shut up and I will, but one last question:

Would you EVER pay for a purchase with cryptocoin (as it currently exists)? No?

Then why accept it at all?
Yes, treated same way as PP Friends/Family.

Accepting crypto vs. spending it is not really the same either a lot of people here are holding onto it or exchanging it for other crypto so I don't think that's even a valid argument either...

I don't get the bigger argument though, if you don't like crypto don't use it, don't pay with it, don't accept it and use a form of payment that keeps you safe and secure I know I do when buying from someone I don't know.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
I made a fairly large (for me LOL) purchase from a seller in China using Monero and had zero issues, but its a fairly well known seller with a history of good service.

The old saying "Let the buyer beware" still is valid today.

I had zero issues with the seller here when I bought my used hard drives from him, less than $50, but his it was his idea to use paypal and thats what we did.

I hate to think I was sold these hard drives for the explicit purpose of me giving a good feedback to allow him to reach a fairly trusted status in order to scam others.

But to the seller :

You need to step up and handle this.......

andytyk

Nov 2, 2016
Just to add another data point, I also sent $1200 via Google Wallet and have since opened a fraud claim. In retrospect, there were quite a few red flags along the way but I was lulled by a false sense of security from all the smooth dealings with other STH members.

Reactions: Joel

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
Just to add another data point, I also sent $1200 via Google Wallet and have since opened a fraud claim. In retrospect, there were quite a few red flags along the way but I was lulled by a false sense of security from all the smooth dealings with other STH members.
I can confirm if we sent the money to the same Gmail if you wouldn't mind sending me a PM with the Gmail that he had you send it to...

webjunkie

Mar 17, 2016
If this guy is from Houston, TX, it is very likely Joshua Prout who has been scamming people out of hardware/money on several forum sites.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
Patrick has our trust that he would delivered the merchandise or refund.

I purchased hardware from Patrick using XMR as payment .
He is too "rich" and no free time to scam me.
I deal with the person and the person's reputation.

Reactions: ilukester

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
If this guy is from Houston, TX, it is very likely Joshua Prout who has been scamming people out of hardware/money on several forum sites.

I have a different name on the shipping lable for the hard drives I ordered. Also it has a Baytown Tx street address.
Plue I have the email he used to accept the paypal payment.

I'll give it a few more days to see if he makes thing right before I'll either post the info, if thats ok, or just pm to the members who need the info because they were scammed.

I am not quick to doxx someone because you never know what kind issues he might have, in the hospital, account info hacked, mad exgirlfriend who stole his info ect.

Last edited:

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
There's little point in making excuses for @ELit3 behaviour, or for that matter waiting, before starting any recovery action for your money. No matter what the reason, any contract you have with him is obviously broken. I hope those that lost money get it back.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
I have a different name on the shipping lable for the hard drives I ordered. Also it has a Baytown Tx street address.

I'll give it a few more days to see if he makes thing right before I'll either post the info, if thats ok, or just pm to the members who need the info because they were scammed.

I am not quick to doxx someone because you never know what kind issues he might have, in the hospital, account info hacked, mad exgirlfriend who stole his info ect.
Normally I'd agree with you, but the fact is he had gone dark with some who had already paid while still in comms with others.

That's pretty damning IMO.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Ive had "people" ask for the donation etc in pay pal and I always say NO - use my visa debit card that way my bank can claw back the funds if need be- even in google wallet. That way I have some or a little protection
Don't use a Debit Card, use a Credit Card instead. Unless you have a cast iron guarantee from your bank that they will refund you.

I don't know about the US per se, but in the EU a debit card would not automatically give you any protection for loss due to an actual transaction you knowingly made. This would be a service that your bank may or may not extend to you, but usually a debit card is only protected if your account has been compromised and the card subsequently used fraudulently without your knowledge. A Credit Card on the other hand, not only provides purchase insurance against such events, but the Credit Card Issuer is jointly liable for the goods or services being supplied.

Reactions: Jon Massey

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
Don't use a Debit Card, use a Credit Card instead. Unless you have a cast iron guarantee from your bank that they will refund you.

I don't know about the US per se, but in the EU a debit card would not automatically give you any protection for loss due to an actual transaction you knowingly made. This would be a service that your bank may or may not extend to you, but usually a debit card is only protected if your account has been compromised and the card subsequently used fraudulently without your knowledge. A Credit Card on the other hand, not only provides purchase insurance against such events, but the Credit Card Issuer is jointly liable for the goods or services being supplied.
Debit cards have the same visa and master card clearing house for charges are the same weather debit or credit as MOST can be used as credit or debit--- and every bank I have been with covers the transactions as visa guarantee etc..once again the ability to use as debit or credit goes hand in hand with the visa and master card logos on card

And a fraudulent charge is can be defined as not getting the product or service that was purchased--especially if you did not receive said product

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
check your bank BUT Bank of America states:

The debit card for your checking account comes with our Total Security Protection® package—including our $0 Liability Guarantee(fraudulent charges are credited back to your account as soon as the next business day) and fraud monitoring (we monitor how and where your card is being used).

jarland

Oct 27, 2016

As noble and proper as that is, know that this will be true nearly every time Prout comes around. I learned a good while ago to trust my instincts there. While my instincts would treat someone very unfairly on a false positive, we're too deep in with zero false positives on this.

You have been scammed by Joshua Prout.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
As noble and proper as that is, know that this will be true nearly every time Prout comes around. I learned a good while ago to trust my instincts there. While my instincts would treat someone very unfairly on a false positive, we're too deep in with zero false positives on this.

You have been scammed by Joshua Prout.
Do you think this guy is the same guy as Geene G? Seems like the same happend half a year ago.