WTS GFX Cards (Mining Rigs)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Last time if I recall everyone who got burned was pissed off, but nobody was willing to file police reports. Hopefully things are different this time as clearly this guy is just going to keep coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: laserpaddy

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
So after a lot of digging I am still not positive that we have been scammed and I probably jumped to conclusions that this guy is the same as Joshua Prout. Call me stupid, but I still have faith in the seller. Everyone who has messaged me about this buy has given the same email address that they have sent money to. I do understand that the previous sale did not have the same email address as the current one.

If this is a scam I will be filling a nice long police report because I highly doubt that the IRS will believe that I lost so much money without it.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
So after a lot of digging I am still not positive that we have been scammed and I probably jumped to conclusions that this guy is the same as Joshua Prout. Call me stupid, but I still have faith in the seller. Everyone who has messaged me about this buy has given the same email address that they have sent money to. I do understand that the previous sale did not have the same email address as the current one.

If this is a scam I will be filling a nice long police report because I highly doubt that the IRS will believe that I lost so much money without it.
there are a few things that check out.

A comment about him running a farm of 1050tis before he was selling anything, the pictures of the packed boxes and cards, etc.

At this point, more that doesnt check out though. Ill be filing fraud reports after 1 week of no comms, which will be this coming Thurs for me.

ilukester

Nov 27, 2017
there are a few things that check out.

A comment about him running a farm of 1050tis before he was selling anything, the pictures of the packed boxes and cards, etc.

At this point, more that doesnt check out though. Ill be filing fraud reports after 1 week of no comms, which will be this coming Thurs for me.
If we read the first couple of posts from this thread we can see that these were not his cards, but cards of his buddy who was going on a mission trip and they needed to be sold before he left. Elit3 tells us that he cannot purchase all of the cards off of the dude and that is why he was only selling 30 here and the rest would be sold locally. You can confirm that information in the beginning of the thread.

Well there is picture proof that he was running 1050ti's. I will not post this on this thread as it could lead to doxing of this guy.

I agree with the fraud report after 1 week of comms and I too have been waiting since Thursday at about ~8:50pm pst

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
Just found an outright lie. Anyone in the PM thread has seen it. At this point, would recommend fraud reports for all. Wont post it here due to doxxing, as the address posted was likely an innocent party.

Elit3 provided an email in the hard drive sales that were successful that is not his, or him. I validated it with the actual user of the email/business owner. Business owner knows nothing about it.

I have filed a fraud report for my purchase.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
Additionally ill be filing a police report once i get a few more pieces of information. If anyone would like provide the details of their loss, it may make the report more effective, especially if its put it into felony fraud territory. I would need real name, amount lost and payment method, phone number per the baytown police.

jbrukardt

Feb 4, 2016
A few late shipments are going out apologize for being late on some of the shipments was harder than I thought getting everything boxes up and trying to get all the original packaging materials, books cds etc.

hey @Patrick by chance did the forum downconvert these? Would be interested in a higher res version of the picture with the shipping labels on the boxes for my police report.

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
I have filed fraud/scam complaint with Google Wallet, on that end. I will be contacting my bank on Monday. While I was not burned for a lot like others on this thread, I am truly disappoint that it happened.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Anyone done a reverse image search of those to see if they're used elsewhere?

If not, might want to try that...

laserpaddy

Jul 17, 2017
out there
Or something like this lol.

But seriously people like this are gutter dwellers- and it's good to see how real people in an on line community that band together. Thus forming a brotherhood from like minded people....yoesemiti Sam said , hangins too good for him

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk