Tutorial: Updating IBM M1015/LSI 9211-8i Firmware on UEFI Systems

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by ZzBloopzZ, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Hizar

Hizar New Member

Are you sure you booted UEFI USB? The screen font looks like it would if you booted LEGACY...

On mine, when I booted UEFI, I got a tiny font... can you do screenshots of what happens when your booting before you get to the command prompt..?

2. costeen

costeen New Member

its smaller than the fonts on the bootup font for the card bios and i set my bios to uefi only too
    [​IMG]

3. Hizar

Hizar New Member

Yep that definately looks like the EFI shell..

I would think the problem is therefore the LSISAS tool is not recognising the card because of the version of IBM firmware you have on it at the moment..

This guy seems to have had the same problem and solved it by erasing the firmware first using the megarec command when booted into legacy mode. I didn't have to do that so not sure of the pitfalls...

SOLVED - IBM ServeRaid M1015 and "No LSI SAS adapters found!"

Goodluck!

4. costeen

costeen New Member

I GOT IT!! scared the mess out of me at first cause i couldn't write the flash to the card after wiping it but used a different method and it loaded..
    [​IMG]
    now MSM doesn't seem to have as many options as before, do i need another program to configure the adapter?

5. Hizar

Hizar New Member

No idea.. I didn't have to do any of that. I needed the adapter in IT mode so that FreeNAS could manage it.