Tutorial: Updating IBM M1015/LSI 9211-8i Firmware on UEFI Systems

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Hizar

Dec 20, 2018
I added the efi folder and blammo! it booted and i was able to enter sas2flash commands but then...this....happened...

even though it lives in my pc and is recognising my 2 sas drives...

Are you sure you booted UEFI USB? The screen font looks like it would if you booted LEGACY...

On mine, when I booted UEFI, I got a tiny font... can you do screenshots of what happens when your booting before you get to the command prompt..?

costeen

Dec 31, 2018
its smaller than the fonts on the bootup font for the card bios and i set my bios to uefi only too

Hizar

Dec 20, 2018
its smaller than the fonts on the bootup font for the card bios and i set my bios to uefi only too
Yep that definately looks like the EFI shell..

I would think the problem is therefore the LSISAS tool is not recognising the card because of the version of IBM firmware you have on it at the moment..

This guy seems to have had the same problem and solved it by erasing the firmware first using the megarec command when booted into legacy mode. I didn't have to do that so not sure of the pitfalls...

SOLVED - IBM ServeRaid M1015 and "No LSI SAS adapters found!"

Goodluck!

costeen

Dec 31, 2018
I GOT IT!! scared the mess out of me at first cause i couldn't write the flash to the card after wiping it but used a different method and it loaded..

now MSM doesn't seem to have as many options as before, do i need another program to configure the adapter?

Hizar

Dec 20, 2018
I GOT IT!! scared the mess out of me at first cause i couldn't write the flash to the card after wiping it but used a different method and it loaded..

now MSM doesn't seem to have as many options as before, do i need another program to configure the adapter?
No idea.. I didn't have to do any of that. I needed the adapter in IT mode so that FreeNAS could manage it.