H12SSL-I Stuck at "bmc initiating"

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lelanddutcher

Apr 16, 2024
Hi everyone.

Reporting in that my H12SSL-I has the same symptoms as OP (no video output, no BCM heartbeat light, starts with full fans when PSU connected but button not pushed) though I think the resistors look okish. I think I'm going to be able to return it via ebay but not sure i want to keep spinning the wheel of revolving dead H12SSL's.

What are my other best options motherboard wise ideally without returning everything?

Epyc 7402
MEM-DR464MC-ER32 64GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC 2Rx4 RDIMM

1713314729668.jpeg

lelanddutcher

Apr 16, 2024
Hi all,

I didn't take my own advice and picked up another H12SSL-I that is "new" (listed new, came in OE box, seems new etc)

I was able to get into the BMC on this one but I'm not getting any iKVM function at all. It shows me the loading graphic then a white window in the html5 mode and the java one shows a black one with no video. (yes it's powered on and the CPU fan is spinning). Have tried on 2 browsers and 2 computers.

I've updated BMC and BIOS firmware with the boxes to save configuration unchecked, I've tried a VGA cable to a VGA monitor and also gotten no video output. I checked the jumper on the board it's in default position so video out should be "on". I pulled the CMOS battery and shorted the pads for a few minutes as well.

None of my hardware is known good as I've just gotten it on ebay.
Epyc 7402
MEM-DR464MC-ER32 64GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC 2Rx4 RDIMM x 4 sticks.

Feel like I'm at the end of my troubleshooting knowledge but hard to believe the CPU or ram could be causing this right? In the BMC dashboard it has hardware loaded that is not mine so assuming that's a test stand in the factory.

Do i just RMA or what?

2024-04-24 13_28_19-Supermicro BMC.png

2024-04-24 14_39_09-Resolution_Unknown FPS _No Signal.png2024-04-24 14_50_01-Supermicro BMC.png