FS: Enterprise HGST and Toshiba HDDs/SSDs

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by TekramCalvin, Dec 9, 2018.

1. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

Hi all, I cleared this with the admin. Below is the intro and sale information.

Our business, Tekram USA has been in the data storage/controller/RAID industry for over 20 years. Our main products are controller cards and Thunderbolt 3/Type C RAID enclosures. We've built a good reputation with a lot of people and have a lot of ongoing projects.

We have enterprise HGST factory certified drives available. Currently in 10/8 TB in either SAS or SATA. They go through the same QC and manufacturing process as new drives. They come with a 90 day warranty and have an optional 1 year extended warranty available as well.

We have begun to accumulate drives from projects that we have done and we are selling them off. This isn't our main business model and we are working out the kinks but so far we've sold over 100 drives with no issues.

We don't stock these as a normal item (not yet at least) so we update weekly at best with inventory.

For sale:

HGST 10TB HE10 SATA/SAS Enterprise Drives: $225

Large orders or specific requests? Have a project that needs HDDs/SSDs? Contact me and we can sort it out.

odditory and abq like this.
  2. pricklypunter

pricklypunter Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a couple of 8TB HGST HE disks as a stop gap for a rebuild project, what ya got? How much do you want? Shipping to Canuckistan ok?

3. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

Hi, let me message you on the details.

4. ycp

ycp Member

Sent PM

5. s3ntro

s3ntro Member

I check your site daily in the hopes you have more 6 TB HGSTs in stock. Hoping you get more soon. The higher capacities are out of my price range.

6. Kneelbeforezod

Kneelbeforezod Active Member

Have Any 12tb HGST Heliums?

7. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

As of now, not many come in down the pipeline. I'll keep my ear to ground in case any shipments come in,

8. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

I can check now if we have any incoming in the next shipment. Can you message em the quantity you are looking for?

9. Antonio

Antonio Member

PM sent

10. pricklypunter

A thumbs up from a happy camper in Canuckistan!

After a wee bit of working out the details, I placed an order for 8 x 8TB HGST HE disks with Calvin at TekRam. I'm delighted to say, that they arrived today, all safe and sound. The packing job was great and all disks are nicely sealed in anti-static bags. The disks that I received carry a June 2018 manufacturing date, which is much newer than I thought they were going to be. All I need to do now is get them in a chassis and get them burn-in tested. A big thanks again to Calvin for working with me on this over the holiday's :D

Buy with confidence folks :)

Oh, OK, here's some piccies seeing as it's New Year :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ElBerryKM13

ElBerryKM13 Member

Are these with the 3.3v power disable feature?

12. pricklypunter

These do not have the newer power disable feature, per the tech brief that can be found Here
    The spec sheet for them can be found Here

TekramCalvin likes this.
  13. ElBerryKM13

ElBerryKM13 Member

nvm it seems you two work together :)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  14. odditory

odditory Moderator

Tekram? Holy hell, what fond memories. He's not kidding about the 20+ years in the industry -- I had a Tekram caching IDE controller in 1995 and thought it was best thing ever. I was happy when Tekram became U.S. distro and support for Areca since those controllers were special.

Always liked this company.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    TekramCalvin likes this.
  15. pricklypunter

Just to be perfectly clear here, I don't work for TekRam or have any association to TekRam whatsoever, other than having just purchased some disks from them. I knew nothing of TekRam prior to Calvin posting here, that they had some disks available for sale. I merely shared my positive experience of dealing with TekRam, for others to follow and to hopefully help anyone else, that may be interested in buying some of these disks for themselves. No more, no less.

Furthermore, I knew the exact model of disk that I was purchasing, because Calvin at TekRam told me in advance which model it was that they were sending me. Also if you look at the last photo that I posted, you can clearly see which model disk I received from them, confirming what I was told. The Western Digital Tech Brief, which I linked to in answer to your earlier question, lists this model as not having the power disable feature.

TekramCalvin and ElBerryKM13 like this.
  16. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

DISCLAIMER: I don't personally know or have ever worked with PricklyPunter. I think there is some confusion with how he knew the drive specs, but the reason is because I asked him if the part number was the on compatible.

PricklyPunter is just a cool dude that got some drives from our over runs.

17. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

That is great to hear haha. I'll bring that up with the founder and see how he likes that.

18. epicurean

epicurean Member

anymore of the 8TB drives, or even 6 TB available?

19. TekramCalvin

TekramCalvin TekramUSA

Yup, HGST Recerts and new Red PROs. I'll message you

20. gregsachs

gregsachs Active Member

Ever get 2.5" drives in?