FS: Enterprise HGST and Toshiba HDDs/SSDs

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
Hi all, I cleared this with the admin. Below is the intro and sale information.

Our business, Tekram USA has been in the data storage/controller/RAID industry for over 20 years. Our main products are controller cards and Thunderbolt 3/Type C RAID enclosures. We've built a good reputation with a lot of people and have a lot of ongoing projects.

We have enterprise HGST factory certified drives available. Currently in 10/8 TB in either SAS or SATA. They go through the same QC and manufacturing process as new drives. They come with a 90 day warranty and have an optional 1 year extended warranty available as well.

We have begun to accumulate drives from projects that we have done and we are selling them off. This isn't our main business model and we are working out the kinks but so far we've sold over 100 drives with no issues.

We don't stock these as a normal item (not yet at least) so we update weekly at best with inventory.

For sale:

HGST 10TB HE10 SATA/SAS Enterprise Drives: $225

Large orders or specific requests? Have a project that needs HDDs/SSDs? Contact me and we can sort it out.

Reactions: odditory and abq

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I'm in the market for a couple of 8TB HGST HE disks as a stop gap for a rebuild project, what ya got? How much do you want? Shipping to Canuckistan ok?

s3ntro

Apr 25, 2016
I check your site daily in the hopes you have more 6 TB HGSTs in stock. Hoping you get more soon. The higher capacities are out of my price range.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
I check your site daily in the hopes you have more 6 TB HGSTs in stock. Hoping you get more soon. The higher capacities are out of my price range.
I can check now if we have any incoming in the next shipment. Can you message em the quantity you are looking for?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
A thumbs up from a happy camper in Canuckistan!

After a wee bit of working out the details, I placed an order for 8 x 8TB HGST HE disks with Calvin at TekRam. I'm delighted to say, that they arrived today, all safe and sound. The packing job was great and all disks are nicely sealed in anti-static bags. The disks that I received carry a June 2018 manufacturing date, which is much newer than I thought they were going to be. All I need to do now is get them in a chassis and get them burn-in tested. A big thanks again to Calvin for working with me on this over the holiday's :D

Buy with confidence folks :)

Oh, OK, here's some piccies seeing as it's New Year :)

odditory

Dec 23, 2010
Tekram? Holy hell, what fond memories. He's not kidding about the 20+ years in the industry -- I had a Tekram caching IDE controller in 1995 and thought it was best thing ever. I was happy when Tekram became U.S. distro and support for Areca since those controllers were special.

Always liked this company.

Last edited:
Reactions: TekramCalvin

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
nvm it seems you two work together :)

Just to be perfectly clear here, I don't work for TekRam or have any association to TekRam whatsoever, other than having just purchased some disks from them. I knew nothing of TekRam prior to Calvin posting here, that they had some disks available for sale. I merely shared my positive experience of dealing with TekRam, for others to follow and to hopefully help anyone else, that may be interested in buying some of these disks for themselves. No more, no less.

Furthermore, I knew the exact model of disk that I was purchasing, because Calvin at TekRam told me in advance which model it was that they were sending me. Also if you look at the last photo that I posted, you can clearly see which model disk I received from them, confirming what I was told. The Western Digital Tech Brief, which I linked to in answer to your earlier question, lists this model as not having the power disable feature.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
Just to be perfectly clear here, I don't work for TekRam or have any association to TekRam whatsoever, other than having just purchased some disks from them. I knew nothing of TekRam prior to Calvin posting here, that they had some disks available for sale. I merely shared my positive experience of dealing with TekRam, for others to follow and to hopefully help anyone else, that may be interested in buying some of these disks for themselves. No more, no less.

Furthermore, I knew the exact model of disk that I was purchasing, because Calvin at TekRam told me in advance which model it was that they were sending me. Also if you look at the last photo that I posted, you can clearly see which model disk I received from them, confirming what I was told. The Western Digital Tech Brief, which I linked to in answer to your earlier question, lists this model as not having the power disable feature.
DISCLAIMER: I don't personally know or have ever worked with PricklyPunter. I think there is some confusion with how he knew the drive specs, but the reason is because I asked him if the part number was the on compatible.

PricklyPunter is just a cool dude that got some drives from our over runs.

TekramCalvin

TekramUSA
Oct 15, 2018
California
Tekram? Holy hell, what fond memories. He's not kidding about the 20+ years in the industry -- I had a Tekram caching IDE controller in 1995 and thought it was best thing ever. I was happy when Tekram became U.S. distro and support for Areca since those controllers were special.

Always liked this company.
That is great to hear haha. I'll bring that up with the founder and see how he likes that.