HGST He8 Ultrastar 8TB HUH728080AL5200 $82

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
Yea, really sucks. Not too long ago I was buying 8TB SAS drives for $80. They're twice than and more now.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
Yea, really sucks. Not too long ago I was buying 8TB SAS drives for $80. They're twice than and more now.
And I think that was the whole motivation behind this whole scam in the first place--to for some reason send storage demands to the ceiling and squeeze supplies. Maybe as a proving ground for introducing fakes into the desperate market and to see how well it tolerates fakes for long-term profitabilty from fakes? It's worked for gpus as there's lots of fakers out there making big money on that since the last cryptocurrency mania. I really hate the type of people that do stuff like this. :mad:

Reactions: Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
And I think that was the whole motivation behind this whole scam in the first place--to for some reason send storage demands to the ceiling and squeeze supplies. Maybe as a proving ground for introducing fakes into the desperate market and to see how well it tolerates fakes for long-term profitabilty from fakes? It's worked for gpus as there's lots of fakers out there making big money on that since the last cryptocurrency mania. I really hate the type of people that do stuff like this. :mad:
And I also hate the Manufacturers for playing along.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
what are you talking about? fake HDD and fake GPU? these sas hdd are supposed to be old stuff decommissioned. It would cost a lot to try to fake making a HDD..