Nov 28, 2017
Going to give this a bump here. Having purchased the following hardware:
- Intel Xeon E5-2680v2
- Noctua NH-U14S
- beQuiet! Straight Power CM10 700W Modular
- 32GB Samsung RECC DDR3 RAM (4x8)
- Gainward GTX 1080
- Huanan Deluxe X79

Some might wonder why I have picked a mainboard like the Huanan. Answer is simple - X79 boards are expensive as hell. I had purchased a used GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3, however it was broken straight from the beginning.

Therefore my choices were limited and since I am an A4 AliExpress member I went for the Huanan. Cost me (DHL Express) around 160€ ($190).

According to DHL Express it is going to make its way by tomorrow to Germany.

Definitely going to keep you guys updated about how well it will perform and especially how well it can be overclocked. The goal I have set myself are 105 base, memory overclocking excluded.

From what I have read what the AliExpress buyers wrote (mainly Russians), the board is pretty solid. Yet I am concerned that the audio quality will be worse than a low end mobo.

Gesendet von meinem PRO 5 mit Tapatalk

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Going to give this a bump here. Having purchased the following hardware:
- Intel Xeon E5-2680v2
- Noctua NH-U14S
- beQuiet! Straight Power CM10 700W Modular
- 32GB Samsung RECC DDR3 RAM (4x8)
- Gainward GTX 1080
- Huanan Deluxe X79

Some might wonder why I have picked a mainboard like the Huanan. Answer is simple - X79 boards are expensive as hell. I had purchased a used GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3, however it was broken straight from the beginning.

Therefore my choices were limited and since I am an A4 AliExpress member I went for the Huanan. Cost me (DHL Express) around 160€ ($190).

According to DHL Express it is going to make its way by tomorrow to Germany.

Definitely going to keep you guys updated about how well it will perform and especially how well it can be overclocked. The goal I have set myself are 105 base, memory overclocking excluded.

From what I have read what the AliExpress buyers wrote (mainly Russians), the board is pretty solid. Yet I am concerned that the audio quality will be worse than a low end mobo.

You can get a REALLY decent pci or pci-e sound card for under $50.00

Reactions: AMEXEU

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I got one of those cheap x79 board also for $120.. audio quality was decent... no noise heard at silence on high vol...

Huanan x79 is overpriced. I understand it has 3 full size pci e but no guarantee it can do triple sli.. I still havent heard much about overclock with these boards but I think its onoy possible with unlocked e5-1xxx and not e5-2xxx.... if so, the fact that I just got a lenovo s30 (which obviously comes with the case and a 600w decebt quality psu since these are solid ws class) as well as one e5-1602 v2 cpu 16gb ram and 256gb hdd and nvidia k2000 ... all for $225 shipped makes a lot more sense than spending $180 on this huanan x79 board... unless you got it fro somewhere else alot cheaper...

Check out ebay price on barebone lenovo s30.... s30 mb are alsso pretty much like oem board with standard plugs not like dell or hp ws

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Tbh a Lenovo S30 mainboard is way more expensive here. I really went for the cheapest option I could pick.

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
forgot yr in eu....check this out.... maybe you can msg seller and work out something ...

lenovo s30 v2 | eBay
Your link redirected me to the eBay homepage [emoji85]

Nonetheless, I got 1y warranty by Allianz. AliExpress is quite reliable anyways.

Update:
Board passed the customs.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016

Nonetheless, I got 1y warranty by Allianz. AliExpress is quite reliable anyways.

Update:

Hmm no idea why link didnt work...its supposed to take you to worldwide search of lenovo s30...

The s30 mb is better than the chinese ones as it had 8 ram slots instead of 4... also full acpi s3 sleep support. ..

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016

Update:

Is it too late for you to change your mind?

lenovo s30 v2 | eBay

that's the ebay search for shipping to Germany. on top of that search is the Lenovo s30 MB with I/o shield for $184 shipped to Germany! should really consider getting it and selling off the huanan x79

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Socrates 2.0 boards from the S30 support V2 chips but they are the one that have non-standard front panel IO.
what does that mean? so you can't connect a regular on off switch? you got a link to Lenovo documentation on this? thanks.

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Thanks for the efforts @wildpig1234.

To be honest, I do not understand why the Huanan should be such a bad pick. Actually I was surprised in a positive way. Sure the Lenovo board supports more RAM, but its used and you have no warranty at all.
The packaging was quite nicely done, same goes for the contents itself. The board came with 2 SATA cables, I/O shield (surprise :D), manual (entirely in Chinese, except for the front panel headers) and a CD with drivers. Additionally there were like 2 warranty cards or something like that.

Actually everything on the board has been nicely done, the soldering on the back looks good and everything else is somewhat precisely done.
The only two issues I found was that there are only 3 fan headers (2 of them being 3 pin ones) and the font chosen for the text. I think its some Comic Sans - definitely not nice, but in the end I do not keep looking 24/7 at my mobo :D

Unbenannt.PNG

While I understand that you might be afraid to pick a Chinese motherboard, I can recommend it only if you can get some warranty for it (like with all other used or new parts). As said before mine is insured by Allianz.

I will report back after I finished overclocking and put some RECC sticks in (currently using my old RAM).

Edit:
The board you linked is coming from South Korea!

Last edited:

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Just put some RECC sticks in (sadly UPS doesn't works on Saturdays - not even in Germany).

What shall I say? It works.
However, I read on a few comments on AliExpress that the mobo doesn't really supports SLI. Its difficult to tell whether or not that could have been a setup mistake. Yet I do put some believe into these statements.

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
i really dont think it supports sli.
I spoke with some russian guy. He says that the normal version has no SLI, yet the Deluxe one works.
Overclocking is possible as well, however, you need to flash a different BIOS for that.

Personally, I will leave it as it is. Everything plays around nicely as it should. Especially the Xeon is a beast. :)

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Got in touch with the seller for this board:

X79Z B10 motherboard 2.jpg X79Z B10 motherboard 3.jpg X79Z B10 motherboard 5 (2).jpg

X79Z B10 ~ $160 shipped

From their engineers :

"The ram is 1600 or 1866, this is up to your processor
if your processor support 1866, then it will be support 1866
if your processor not support 1866, then will not support.

For the PCI x 16
if you uuse 2 grey PCI X16, then will be 16x16
if you use 4 , then will be 8X8X8X8"

I've googl'ed this board and found it on some Russian forums dating to 2013.

I believe this is a V2 where-as the V1 also had an M2 slot. Seller says they can run a either batch with a large enough order. I'm thinking about placing an order to test it out, my concerns are IME and backdoors, stability/reliability but the price is pretty good.

Reactions: wildpig1234

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Other two boards I found on Aliexpress which seem to have 4.5+ rating and over 200 reviews are both ~$145 but only have 4 DIMM slots:

Hot sale version 2.49 HUANAN X79 motherboard USB3.0 X79 LGA 2011 ATX SATA3 4 channel DDR3 memory tested before shipping-in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

If you decide to bite the bullet and test one please post a review!!

edit: @AMEXEU I see you grabbed a HUANAN X79, did you get either of the ones linked above?

edit^2: From reading some of the reviews. it seems some version differ slightly from ATX dimensions by a few mm . Would be nice to know if the latest version is compliant with the specs / dimensions.

Last edited:
Reactions: realtomatoes

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Got in touch with the seller for this board:

View attachment 7278 View attachment 7279 View attachment 7280

X79Z B10 ~ $160 shipped

From their engineers :

"The ram is 1600 or 1866, this is up to your processor
if your processor support 1866, then it will be support 1866
if your processor not support 1866, then will not support.

For the PCI x 16
if you uuse 2 grey PCI X16, then will be 16x16
if you use 4 , then will be 8X8X8X8"

I've googl'ed this board and found it on some Russian forums dating to 2013.

I believe this is a V2 where-as the V1 also had an M2 slot. Seller says they can run a either batch with a large enough order. I'm thinking about placing an order to test it out, my concerns are IME and backdoors, stability/reliability but the price is pretty good.
That;s an awesome looking board! but of course look can be deceiving. yeah. $160 shipped not bad. question: does it has S3 sleep? also the m2 is nice and rare for x79 mb. guess it s only sata and not nvme?

e97

Jun 3, 2015
question: does it has S3 sleep? also the m2 is nice and rare for x79 mb. guess it s only sata and not nvme?
from seller: "only support S1, not S3"

as for NVMe - the current version they are selling doesn't have M2 so I don't know - they sell a $3 PCI-E card adapter which I guess would support NVMe.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
from seller: "only support S1, not S3"

as for NVMe - the current version they are selling doesn't have M2 so I don't know - they sell a $3 PCI-E card adapter which I guess would support NVMe.
That goes with what's known about all these chinese mb: no S3 sleep support for any of them... wonder why...

e97

Jun 3, 2015
That goes with what's known about all these chinese mb: no S3 sleep support for any of them... wonder why...
Doesn't seem to be limited to Chinese X79 boards. Most server / workstation boards don't support S3.

One of the top 3 mobo mfg told me their R&D team does not focus on features like S3 in order to improve board stability, especially for servers and most workstation boards are derived from server designs.

Sable

Oct 19, 2016
Our company sells the Xinli variant, the boards are pretty good, but lack in documentation. If anyone needs one or wants more info feel free to send a pm. For the price they are well worth it and even to be used with ES procs.