Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Thanks for the efforts @wildpig1234.

To be honest, I do not understand why the Huanan should be such a bad pick. Actually I was surprised in a positive way. Sure the Lenovo board supports more RAM, but its used and you have no warranty at all.
The packaging was quite nicely done, same goes for the contents itself. The board came with 2 SATA cables, I/O shield (surprise :D), manual (entirely in Chinese, except for the front panel headers) and a CD with drivers. Additionally there were like 2 warranty cards or something like that.

Actually everything on the board has been nicely done, the soldering on the back looks good and everything else is somewhat precisely done.
The only two issues I found was that there are only 3 fan headers (2 of them being 3 pin ones) and the font chosen for the text. I think its some Comic Sans - definitely not nice, but in the end I do not keep looking 24/7 at my mobo :D

Unbenannt.PNG

While I understand that you might be afraid to pick a Chinese motherboard, I can recommend it only if you can get some warranty for it (like with all other used or new parts). As said before mine is insured by Allianz.

I will report back after I finished overclocking and put some RECC sticks in (currently using my old RAM).

Edit:
The board you linked is coming from South Korea!

Last edited:

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
Just put some RECC sticks in (sadly UPS doesn't works on Saturdays - not even in Germany).

What shall I say? It works.
However, I read on a few comments on AliExpress that the mobo doesn't really supports SLI. Its difficult to tell whether or not that could have been a setup mistake. Yet I do put some believe into these statements.

Gesendet von meinem PRO 5 mit Tapatalk

AMEXEU

Nov 28, 2017
i really dont think it supports sli.
I spoke with some russian guy. He says that the normal version has no SLI, yet the Deluxe one works.
Overclocking is possible as well, however, you need to flash a different BIOS for that.

Personally, I will leave it as it is. Everything plays around nicely as it should. Especially the Xeon is a beast. :)

Gesendet von meinem PRO 5 mit Tapatalk

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Got in touch with the seller for this board:

X79Z B10 motherboard 2.jpg X79Z B10 motherboard 3.jpg X79Z B10 motherboard 5 (2).jpg

X79Z B10 ~ $160 shipped

From their engineers :

"The ram is 1600 or 1866, this is up to your processor
if your processor support 1866, then it will be support 1866
if your processor not support 1866, then will not support.

For the PCI x 16
if you uuse 2 grey PCI X16, then will be 16x16
if you use 4 , then will be 8X8X8X8"

I've googl'ed this board and found it on some Russian forums dating to 2013.

I believe this is a V2 where-as the V1 also had an M2 slot. Seller says they can run a either batch with a large enough order. I'm thinking about placing an order to test it out, my concerns are IME and backdoors, stability/reliability but the price is pretty good.

Reactions: wildpig1234

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Other two boards I found on Aliexpress which seem to have 4.5+ rating and over 200 reviews are both ~$145 but only have 4 DIMM slots:

Hot sale version 2.49 HUANAN X79 motherboard USB3.0 X79 LGA 2011 ATX SATA3 4 channel DDR3 memory tested before shipping-in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

If you decide to bite the bullet and test one please post a review!!

edit: @AMEXEU I see you grabbed a HUANAN X79, did you get either of the ones linked above?

edit^2: From reading some of the reviews. it seems some version differ slightly from ATX dimensions by a few mm . Would be nice to know if the latest version is compliant with the specs / dimensions.

Last edited:
Reactions: realtomatoes

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Got in touch with the seller for this board:

View attachment 7278 View attachment 7279 View attachment 7280

X79Z B10 ~ $160 shipped

From their engineers :

"The ram is 1600 or 1866, this is up to your processor
if your processor support 1866, then it will be support 1866
if your processor not support 1866, then will not support.

For the PCI x 16
if you uuse 2 grey PCI X16, then will be 16x16
if you use 4 , then will be 8X8X8X8"

I've googl'ed this board and found it on some Russian forums dating to 2013.

I believe this is a V2 where-as the V1 also had an M2 slot. Seller says they can run a either batch with a large enough order. I'm thinking about placing an order to test it out, my concerns are IME and backdoors, stability/reliability but the price is pretty good.
That;s an awesome looking board! but of course look can be deceiving. yeah. $160 shipped not bad. question: does it has S3 sleep? also the m2 is nice and rare for x79 mb. guess it s only sata and not nvme?

e97

Jun 3, 2015
question: does it has S3 sleep? also the m2 is nice and rare for x79 mb. guess it s only sata and not nvme?
from seller: "only support S1, not S3"

as for NVMe - the current version they are selling doesn't have M2 so I don't know - they sell a $3 PCI-E card adapter which I guess would support NVMe.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
from seller: "only support S1, not S3"

as for NVMe - the current version they are selling doesn't have M2 so I don't know - they sell a $3 PCI-E card adapter which I guess would support NVMe.
That goes with what's known about all these chinese mb: no S3 sleep support for any of them... wonder why...

e97

Jun 3, 2015
That goes with what's known about all these chinese mb: no S3 sleep support for any of them... wonder why...
Doesn't seem to be limited to Chinese X79 boards. Most server / workstation boards don't support S3.

One of the top 3 mobo mfg told me their R&D team does not focus on features like S3 in order to improve board stability, especially for servers and most workstation boards are derived from server designs.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
Our company sells the Xinli variant, the boards are pretty good, but lack in documentation. If anyone needs one or wants more info feel free to send a pm. For the price they are well worth it and even to be used with ES procs.

Kingmer

Nov 19, 2017
Other two boards I found on Aliexpress which seem to have 4.5+ rating and over 200 reviews are both ~$145 but only have 4 DIMM slots:

Hot sale version 2.49 HUANAN X79 motherboard USB3.0 X79 LGA 2011 ATX SATA3 4 channel DDR3 memory tested before shipping-in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

If you decide to bite the bullet and test one please post a review!!

edit: @AMEXEU I see you grabbed a HUANAN X79, did you get either of the ones linked above?

edit^2: From reading some of the reviews. it seems some version differ slightly from ATX dimensions by a few mm . Would be nice to know if the latest version is compliant with the specs / dimensions.

Yea I got the green one - some notes - all dimm slots have to be populated to post - the freaking cooler mounting is lga 1336 not 2011! Note the one with metal threaded holes aroung the soccket are 2011, the ones with just through holes are lga 1336!

All Es chips i threw at it seem to work.

No overclocking not even blk.

V1 or v2 works.

Memory speed must be set manually.

Board size is out of spec a bit.

Server 2016 installs fine, all drivers found after update.

The lan blows, must use a nic card.

The m2 slot works, no nvme, but it kills 2 of 6 sata ports.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Yea I got the green one - some notes - all dimm slots have to be populated to post - the freaking cooler mounting is lga 1336 not 2011! Note the one with metal threaded holes aroung the soccket are 2011, the ones with just through holes are lga 1336!

All Es chips i threw at it seem to work.

No overclocking not even blk.

V1 or v2 works.

Memory speed must be set manually.

Board size is out of spec a bit.

Server 2016 installs fine, all drivers found after update.

The lan blows, must use a nic card.

The m2 slot works, no nvme, but it kills 2 of 6 sata ports.
Seems like a lot of compromise for a chinese board.... esp m2 slot usage

Trebor

Dec 18, 2017
I have one here running a E5-2667 V1 CPU that had one of the 4 HSF mounts break off the socket (what the HSF screws in to). I found out there are (at least) 2 versions of the S30 motherboard. The 1.0 has pin connections for stuff like USB/Front Panel. The 2.0 does not, it uses a little pcb slot to connect up the front panel. Standard ATX power supply seems to work fine with them though. Pretty much no over clocking. That being said, you can pick a whole system for not much more than the cheap china boards.
I got an S30 Socrates 1.0 board via Ebay and could not get it to work. On briefly jumpering the power-on pins, the numeric LED display briefly flashes something and the CPU fan does a partial rotation, then nothing. Ebay seller claims "tested" (I guess that doesn't necessarily mean "test passed", LOL).

So I got one of these Chinese boards (the "Runing", second Amazon link near the top of the thread). It booted right up using the same PS, memory, and CPU that I used on the Socrates. So the latter is going back, unless someone clues me in on some requirement it has that I might be overlooking.

I like the "Runing" for sufficient (though rather awkward) documentation, 2 usable x16 slots, and apparent actual ECC support (based on the scrubbing entries in BIOS).

The only negative is that a full-length GPU covers the SATA ports. Two are usable using right-angle cables (included); more might be, but I only need 2 so didn't try.

Trebor

Dec 18, 2017
I just noticed that there are at least two different "Runing" boards. The one in e97's post is more fully-featured than mine (more PCIe and memory slots).

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I got an S30 Socrates 1.0 board via Ebay and could not get it to work. On briefly jumpering the power-on pins, the numeric LED display briefly flashes something and the CPU fan does a partial rotation, then nothing. Ebay seller claims "tested" (I guess that doesn't necessarily mean "test passed", LOL).

So I got one of these Chinese boards (the "Runing", second Amazon link near the top of the thread). It booted right up using the same PS, memory, and CPU that I used on the Socrates. So the latter is going back, unless someone clues me in on some requirement it has that I might be overlooking.

I like the "Runing" for sufficient (though rather awkward) documentation, 2 usable x16 slots, and apparent actual ECC support (based on the scrubbing entries in BIOS).

The only negative is that a full-length GPU covers the SATA ports. Two are usable using right-angle cables (included); more might be, but I only need 2 so didn't try.
I bought a socrate v2 and it seems bad also. but I did also get a s30 WS that's fine. I guess it's just luck sometimes.....