Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Happy New Year!

Had the motherboard for about a week now. Everything looks good.

memtest stable for 24 hours. Stable under ubuntu 16.04.3 and Win 10 Enterprise.

BIOS is very raw. Currently testing with RADEON VEGA 64 and GTX 1080 Ti - 1080Ti is at PCIE-E 2.0 x16 but the slot shows its a 3,0 - not sure if its a driver or BIOS issue.

Package:

IMG_6216-mobo-package.jpg

Test bench:

IMG_6219-testbench.jpg

Some screens:

aida64.PNG hwinfo64-mobo.PNG cpuz-mobo.PNG hwmonitor.PNG

TODO:

- Use both GPUs at PCI-E 3.0 x16
- Test 4x GPU at PCI-E 3.0 x8
- Test PXE Boot
- Test Virtualization
- Clean up power and cabling
- Build real test bench ;)

Last edited:

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Did you order from Alibaba? I'd be interested in one too, but the companies selling options are limited.
edit: Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, can you explain what you mean the buying options are limited?

Yes, you buy directly from the factory. I'll PM you the seller's contact info.

1) Make sure you get an invoice -- double check the numbers.
2) Pay through PayPal or Alipay so you're protected - I used PayPal.

I'm considering buying a bulk order soon, waiting on GPU vendor to resolve a driver issue..

If you like (and are in the US), I can add on a board. I'd ask board cost + domestic shipping + a nominal fee which would still be cheaper than buying 1 board + shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamtelephone

iamtelephone

Jan 30, 2017
edit: Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, can you explain what you mean the buying options are limited?

Yes, you buy directly from the factory. I'll PM you the seller's contact info.

1) Make sure you get an invoice -- double check the numbers.
2) Pay through PayPal or Alipay so you're protected - I used PayPal.

I'm considering buying a bulk order soon, waiting on GPU vendor to resolve a driver issue..

If you like (and are in the US), I can add on a board. I'd ask board cost + domestic shipping + a nominal fee which would still be cheaper than buying 1 board + shipping.

By "limited" I meant the company does not have many distribution channels. I could only find the board direct via their website or on Alibaba.

Maxime Roy

Jun 10, 2018
Hi guys, any follow up / updates on your X79 motherboard setup @e97 , @AMEXEU ?

I am ready to buy the HUANAN Deluxe X79 motherboard and would like your final tips before hitting the buy now button ;-)

e97

Jun 3, 2015
Hi guys, any follow up / updates on your X79 motherboard setup @e97 , @AMEXEU ?

I am ready to buy the HUANAN Deluxe X79 motherboard and would like your final tips before hitting the buy now button ;-)
Know your using tech thats ~10 years old and make sure you get the latest version:

New version with power fixes and M2 slot:TB2V.cpgZIrBKNjSZK9XXagoVXa_!!42849776.jpg

old version no M2
TB2oX1yuGmWBuNjy1XaXXXCbXXa_!!42849776.jpg

Looks like these boards are being run as Hackintosh:

Good luck and post a review with your experiences if you have time :)

Last edited:

shadowx360

Jun 20, 2018
Happy New Year!

Had the motherboard for about a week now. Everything looks good.

memtest stable for 24 hours. Stable under ubuntu 16.04.3 and Win 10 Enterprise.

BIOS is very raw. Currently testing with RADEON VEGA 64 and GTX 1080 Ti - 1080Ti is at PCIE-E 2.0 x16 but the slot shows its a 3,0 - not sure if its a driver or BIOS issue.

TODO:

- Use both GPUs at PCI-E 3.0 x16
- Test 4x GPU at PCI-E 3.0 x8
- Test PXE Boot
- Test Virtualization
- Clean up power and cabling
- Build real test bench ;)
Any update on this? Debating buying a x79z-b10 on EBay to overclock my Xeon v2. Can't modify the Vcore on the RUNING boards from what I heard without soldering in a resistor but you should at least be able to hit 4.1gHz without it.

joddlarn

Jul 14, 2018
Sweden
My search-skills might be lacking, but does the boards support VT-d?
I'm looking at replacing an older setup with one of the x79z vb10 boards, but I need the VT-d support.

joddlarn

Jul 14, 2018
Sweden
i haven't seen too many 2011 MB not supporting VT. large majority do.
Yeah, I got the same info but I did some reading on overclockers.ru (with the help of google translator) and it had some posts about VT-d. But it's kinda hard to know what board they are actually talking about.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I have one of these NEW Intel X79 Motherboard LGA 2011 DDR3 1866/1600/1333 mATX DDR3 or ECC / REG XQ 924674530727 | eBay on the way to replace my ailing Lenovo S30 "backup server". Hopefully it works ok. It will have a E5-2667 V1, 16GB ram (ECC), low end graphics card, intel 1x PCIe nic and be running Linux.
What's wrong w yr S30? I love those. I got 1 myself and bought two for my parents.

Lenovo is great for making them compatible with generic parts unlike the HP and dells ones. I also have the D30 and it's great WS too. The price for both S30 and D30 on ebay are very reasonable if you have patient and buy them correctly.

I also only buy the 4353 or 4354 as they allow for 2011 v2 cpus and not the 4228 or 9 which only allows v1 cpu..

Actually i think in many ways they are better than the chinese X79 MB. You can get a decent S30 for around $250 or less which includes a nice 850 W PSU, a nice case.. 4PCIe slots (two 16x)

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
What's wrong w yr S30? I love those. I got 1 myself and bought two for my parents.

Lenovo is great for making them compatible with generic parts unlike the HP and dells ones. I also have the D30 and it's great WS too. The price for both S30 and D30 on ebay are very reasonable if you have patient and buy them correctly.

I also only buy the 4353 or 4354 as they allow for 2011 v2 cpus and not the 4228 or 9 which only allows v1 cpu..

Actually i think in many ways they are better than the chinese X79 MB. You can get a decent S30 for around $250 or less which includes a nice 850 W PSU, a nice case.. 4PCIe slots (two 16x)
This one had the CPU socket pull one of the hold downs out (one of the 4 screws). That has been fine, but recently it has been randomly locking up or rebooting. I tried to get a replacement board a few times but I only kept finding the 1.0 boards not the 2.0 that support V2 processors. The 2.0 board has a different front IO setup so I can't use it even though the system has a V1 cpu. I also need to put it in a case that has room for more drives.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
This one had the CPU socket pull one of the hold downs out (one of the 4 screws). That has been fine, but recently it has been randomly locking up or rebooting. I tried to get a replacement board a few times but I only kept finding the 1.0 boards not the 2.0 that support V2 processors. The 2.0 board has a different front IO setup so I can't use it even though the system has a V1 cpu. I also need to put it in a case that has room for more drives.
Yeah i remember bought one a while back for $110 but unfortunately it was a dud and had to return ;(. The MB do have more SATA ports than space for HDD...