Drag to reposition cover

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pisiiki

Mar 3, 2024
When tried the Asus Sage, i also got a slow hart attack from no post for a while. The issue in my case was that eventhough it looked like the ram was seated fine it was not. I have placed quite a lot of rdimms in my life, also ddr5. But in the sage i had to do reseat some dimms 3 times. So yes easiest is first to reduce to 1 dimm, go gpu, try the 1 dimm taking it out and pitting it in and try again a couple of times. If no try one of the other rdimms.

Another thing is that the first time a particular memory configuration, the motherboard is training or calibrating itself or whatever and it can also take quite a lot of time. Looking like its stuck, but eventually, it can get out. So have some patience depending on the q-code it might be busy and you maybe need to wait 4 minutes or so and then maybe it continues. If you wait long enough, it will some times reset and try again. But maybe not always. On the sage there is also a flashback and reset cmos button, even on the back pannel so that it is convenient to reach. With my previous w790 ace, i could never post using any xmp profile with fury renagate pro 5600, the only settings that worked for me was almost Everything about memory on auto but set the frequency manually. Same as how i now use the micron server ram and overclock it. With any xmp even the 4800 setting it was not posting. so i never got any good cl timings. Now with micron server rdimms timings are 'automatically better' as stock but the same cl 40 as i had with the fury.
Good luck!
Thanks for reaching out! I managed to boot it. It booted installing a single module on the 3rd right slot closest to the processor, failed on 1st and 2nd. No idea why. The computer cycled like 3 times and then posted.

Thanks a lot.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Guys, who have systems on new rapids
Please share the test results
for example: AIDA64 CPU-Queen, System Stability Test Is there throttling or not?
Cinebench's 15/20/23/24
WinRar/7zip How long does it take to archive a 5 GB file?
AvidMediaComposer/AdobePP/Davinci Resolve, latest version
How long will it take to save a 4K RED File? on a one hour timeline

Regards
Is there an easier one button benchmark suite? It should just run, generate report and preferably upload to somewhere to share. Like CPUz does but CPUz is a bad benchmark.

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
Is there an easier one button benchmark suite? It should just run, generate report and preferably upload to somewhere to share. Like CPUz does but CPUz is a bad benchmark.
These are synthetic tests, I would like to see how programs work in reality

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
Guys, when buying Platinum 8490H ES version
Be very very careful, almost all sellers, some have several accounts, use the same screensho infot, and it is not clear who it belongs to
When purchasing, let him take a screenshot of the real system so that there is no fake
For example: in search 8490H ES this screenshot is used on many accounts
some even use screenshot to LGA 4189 socket:)

Regards

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Guys, when buying Platinum 8490H ES version
Be very very careful, almost all sellers, some have several accounts, use the same screensho infot, and it is not clear who it belongs to
When purchasing, let him take a screenshot of the real system so that there is no fake
For example: in search 8490H ES this screenshot is used on many accounts
Regards
no fakes.
they have to copy screenshots because only one wholeseller has the processors in stock.
also ebay selling amount is limited per month, so they have to have more accounts.

Reactions: Bert

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Honestly if you are buying from eBay with paypal, I have a little concern since they almost always agree with buyer. At worst they will force to seller to accept return as defective. Though it is a waste of time. Not sure if there is a risk to motherboard.

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
because only one wholeseller has the processors in stock.
I don’t really understand this policy.
What does it mean from one supplier?
For example, if I want to buy something from US bro, then I ask a question and they are happy to provide me with all the information, including a working system
my brain thinks so, if a Chinese bro wants to sell me something, he should provide me with a real working system where it is shown that the processor is working and not use another person’s screenshot

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
At worst they will force to seller to accept return as defective.
my good friend works for several companies and sells them electronics on eBay
she told me a story, one buyer from uk bought a 10 TB hard drive, I personally checked this for performance of the blocks is that everything is in order.
The buyer opened a dispute that the hard drive is faulty PayPal asked him for proof
he sent them a screenshot of another hard drive and PayPal agreed with this, lthough my friend sent them the original post where the other markings are indicated, in the end She had to return his money
This is how PayPal works:(

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I don’t really understand this policy.
What does it mean from one supplier?
it not a policy. they can not buy 100 pcs from wholeseller and then can't sell them, too risky.
not all seller can buy its own motherboard for testing. do you think chinese get CPUs for free ?
he sent them a screenshot of another hard drive and PayPal agreed with this, lthough my friend sent them the original post where the other markings are indicated, in the end She had to return his money
This is how PayPal works:(
sometime you loose, and sometimes the other wins, that's life.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I know, Intel provides it as testing
If you want me to check your products Why should I pay for them?
you realy don't understand.
no validated customer of intel which gets eng.samples would sell them on ebay or elsewhere, he risk a contractual penalty.
many ES come over hidden ways, mostly out of OEM validation servers or from scrap dealers(they know what it is and don't destroy them)
to wholesellers, and others.

Reactions: Bert

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
I was able to push bclck on WS790 SAGA to 111mHz with an NVMe and old nvidia card. Memory was easily hitting 6000mHZ. Not sure how TDP is staying in the budget but I was able to observe 10%+ performance improvement in CPUz

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
So I upgraded my QYFU 8461V to QYK8 8480+. I had a small heart attack when I couldn't get into windows but then @RolloZ170 reminded about the C settings I have to play with it. I picked up this CPU for its 4GHz turbo speed. In theory, it is supposed to hit 4GHz on 28 cores.

Originally, I was not able to get anything more than 3GHz. After changing setting randomly in BIOS, I was able to turn on 4GHz. I have no idea what fixed in.

Now, I cannot get the memory overclocking to work though. I am trying to read the whole thread to understand how to configure this CPU. I am on BIOS 05 20, afraid to upgrade to something more recent.

Does anyone here have any experience on this CPU? Would you kindly share the optimal BIOS settings and BIOS version? Since this is QYK8, I am also not sure if I can apply the same settings as the ones with QYFS. Most posts in this thread are about QYFS.

Reactions: Damian Höster

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Ok somehow I was able to make memory overclocking work as well. Not sure what it was, I modified the bclck overclock and switch to cpu ratio by core usage

Unfortunately bclck overclocking is not able to push as high as before. Couldn't get windows to boot into %4.

Any ideas why bclck is failing now? Same motherboard and devices. Just the cpu change.

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
Ok somehow I was able to make memory overclocking work as well. Not sure what it was, I modified the bclck overclock and switch to cpu ratio by core usage
can I give you some advice? write down everything you do on a screenshot
this helps a lot anyway I always do this

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
Unfortunately bclck overclocking is not able to push as high as before. Couldn't get windows to boot into %4.
Any ideas why bclck is failing now? Same motherboard and devices. Just the cpu change.
keep your fingers away form BCLK. the PCIe clock is also rising and disables your GPU from one point.
you don't need this for RAM OC. you can set RAM clock manualy. best is if you have RDIMMs with XMP profile, there is a setting to enable them.
make no sense to change setting with no knowlage in the wild.