Drag to reposition cover

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pisiiki

Mar 3, 2024
There’s a nev BIOS - 1202 available on the Asus website. Do not upgrade - that bios has most of the overclock functionality disabled, including manual memory speed and bcklk settings. Had to revert to 0805 to get them back working.

Just a PSA from a guy that does risky shtuff so you do not have to.
Why would they remove overclock functionality with a bios release? That doesn't make much sense at all.

DHamov

Jan 12, 2024
For me Micron mtc20f2085s1rc56br which is dual rank 2Rx8 5600 is working also on 6000MT with CL40 on the Asus Sage with QYFS and 0805 Bios. Maybe it can clock even higher, i was afraid to try, are there any permanent risks to that? On 6000MT i was totaly stable for a week or so. But now i changed back to 5600MT to avoid risk, but do not really know if there are any risks. Memory is under warranty, but because its server memory not for overclocking, who knows maybe that is void after overclocking it? And i also do not want to get any thermal degradation soon. (This system is more expensive than my car, even buying overvoltage protection for plug and lan to sleep calm, but still worried about an EMP attack:oops:, pretending to be just kidding).

Bios hack for QYFS works in principle, but it is not watertight, with old nividia drivers (which i needed tried to activate sli on 2 old gpu's) Windows hangs at the same point at start up no matter which of the recommended qyfs specific bios settings i use. No time to try more at the moment, using ubuntu for now. Also about every 20% of the boots lan is not working, no lights go on. except for one brief green bleep every 10 seconds or so. Even the cables are plugged in windows and linux pretend there are no cables plugged in. Very strange...

I got my 8490H Q03J very fast from EA_Memory on ebay, for a reasonable price. Just my ordered Asrock board is delayed, hope it arrives before return window of the Sage finishes.

Is there any point in trying the Q03J in the Asus Sage ? it' is confirmed not to work Or is there some chance that with the first 02.. bios it might work as opposed to the w790-ACE that came with a later bios where it was confirmed not to work.

Last edited:

AVID-MEDIA

Nov 26, 2023
On my Asus w790-ace was already the 0705 bios, i did the bios tweak (C-States from Auto to enabled, Package C-State from Auto to C2)
I was once looking for a solution about C-States for the X10 platform,should help

1710874019168.png