windows server 2019

1. S

Windows server 2019 Slow Network Transfers

I am trying to transfer a large amount of data but the server is capped at 30 mbps up and i cant get it to go faster it is a vm on vcenter 7 a esxi host 6.5 the vm has 3 vcpus and 3gb of ram but the transfer is not even touching the cpu or ram i increased the ram to 10 and no difference i have...
  2. W

license setup for Windows Server 2019

Dear STH Forum members, it is not all o clear to me as howto the license setup works in a Hyper-V Setup with Windows Server 2019. We have a 64 Core System that would run as the hypervisor - here I would install Windows Server 2019. On the Hypervisor we mostly have Windows Server systems...
  3. T

S2D Recovery

Having an issue getting my S2D healthy again. Had some drives taken offline on one of the nodes and seems after some time they would not come back online even though they were up again. I was on a 2019 preview build and figured that node was fubar anyway I rebuilt it. I have tried...
  4. B

HELP BOOTING Server 2019 from BACKUP

Good Morning. Just wondering if I can get any help. I have been using Microsoft server 2019 for my home server for about a year now I get free access to it as I work in the education field. Anyway. I was using windows server backup to back the C: drive of my server. Recently I had a drive...
  5. E

x9Da7, Windows 2019 - nightmare (SOLVED)

I have a x9da7 which I have been running for 7 years (18 months since last reboot). I decided to move it from 2012R2 to ws2019. It has been a challenging day. Since I was moving to 2019, I decided to upgrade the bios to current just to to avoid spectre, .... even though the system is double...
  6. J

What is this SAS controller

I just installed Window 2019 on SuperMicro X9Dri-f motherboard with 2x xeon 2520 cpu and 128gb memory. Everything look fine except this SAS Controller It seems like Intel C602 chipset driver is needed. But I can't find any driver for windows server 2019 Where can I find the driver for this...
  7. M

Alternatives now that MS screwed up Essentials

Microsoft Windows Server 2019 "Essentials" drops IMO two of the most critical aspects of the product line we've enjoyed since Windows Small Business Server: PC back-up and Remote Access. What's New in Windows Server 2019 Essentials I've used Windows Server Essentials at home to manage a...