epyc 7002

1. F

Thoughts on AMD EPYC 7302p w/ Supermicro H11SSL-nc from eBay?

Hi, I'm jumping into proper server hardware (finally) and there are a lot of unknowns for me. The server that I am replacing (well taking back for my own use) is a 3900x w/ MSI Meg Ace x570 board. The types of apps running currently do not put much load on the machine (nextcloud, forgejo, plex...
  2. M

[W] [CA-ON] 2x AMD EPYC 7002/7003 48 or 64 core CPU + everything else around it

Hi, I am shopping for parts to build a small business HPC - Built is for end of September/October-ish. Ideally, components / specs I am looking for: CPU: 2 x AMD EPYC 7713 (128 Cores total) MOBO: SUPERMICRO MBD-H12DSi-N6-O Extended ATX RAM: 128GB Registered DDR4-3200 Any of these 64 cores X2...
  3. J

Dual EPYC 7742s for 3D Rendering (part of a Render Farm)

I do a lot of CPU rendering in Cinema 4D. I render 4K high-framerate animations, so they take a long time. Currently I have a bunch of mid 2010s laptops and a desktop hooked up and I use my own Python-based render manager to distribute workloads to each machine. Even with 7 laptops and the...
  4. C

No post, no dr debug, no beep. Rack EPYC D8-2T w/ EPYC 7282

Good day all, First time here, but no stranger to fora. (got referred from tweakers.net, and been watching a couple video's on youtube from STH). So . . . i'm having an issue. (strange huh?) I bought an Asrock Rack EPYC D8-2T, as its specs look great, i don't really need Gen 4.0 PCI-E so...
  5. V

AMD Epyc 7502 (ES-04) + Asrock ROMED8-2T + Nemix ECC RDIMM - RAM not recognized

Motherboard and ram(8x16GB DDR4 NEMIX 3200MHz Registered 2Rx8) are brand new. BIOS is updated to the latest v1.30. All dimms get recognized as 0GB even though the temperature reporting seems to work. Haven't contacted AsRock support yet, but just realised that I managed to get pretty much the...
  6. R

best heatsink (4U) for 2xEpyc 280W

Hello, I am going to buy Supermicro A+ Server 4124GS-TNR with dual Epyc 7H12 (TDP of each CPU is 280W) and GPUs. I am worry about cooling CPU.According to Supermicro the server has SNK-P0064AP4 heatsink which support CPU with TDP up to 180W (see Supermicro SNK-P0064AP4 4U Active CPU Heat Sink...
  7. Z

Supermicro H12SSL boards listed on website

Supermicro finally announced several H12 generation ATX boards for EPYC Rome: H12SSL-i | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. H12SSL-C | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. H12SSL-NT | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. H12SSL-CT | Motherboards | Super Micro Computer, Inc. 5...
  8. B

Mainboard with CCIX Support

Dear STH-community, does anyone know a mainboard, which supports CCIX? EPYC 7002 Series is supporting CCIX and a number of XILINX FPGAs. Gigabyte has some notes in their manuals (e.g. G482-Z51) about CCIX, but the support tells me, that there is no support at all. I would be really happy, if...
  9. U

(Server) HW for virtualization (w/ EPYC2?)

Hi guys, I am not experienced in server HW so I am asking for your help. Sorry not so smart asumptions/ideas, feel free to correct me. Requirements for HW (workstation/server): - base OS Linux - will run as host for virtualization of numerous VMs: - 4 Linux VMs all the time - 5-10 Win VMs...
  10. chriscambridge

Gigabyte HPC Server cooling question?

Gigabyte G482-Z50 Does anyone know, or could find out (as I think this server is pre-release), exactly how the following Gigabyte HPC server cools its CPUs? (excluding heat sinks) As you can see there are no front chassis fans, only fans behind the GPUs and at the back of the Chassis; hence my...
  11. T

Epyc 7302P vs Xeon W-3223 Workstation Build

Epyc 7302P vs Xeon W-3223 Workstation Build I'm looking to build a new Windows 10 workstation for Photoshop and related tasks. After a couple of years, this workstation will eventually transition over to replace the internals in my FreeNAS server, so IPMI and ECC ram are important. I'm looking...