Search results

1. rnavarro

FS: C6220 Chassis with Caddies

Hey All, I have for sale a bare bones C6220 Chassis. The chassis comes with: 24x 2.5" backplane 4x Fans Compute node interposer boards Power distribution unit This also comes with 25 2.5" drive caddies Local pickup in the SFBay area is preferred as I don't have a box for this, but if you...
  2. rnavarro

Upgrade Time!

Hey guys, I currently have a C6100. All nodes have 48gb of ram (4gb sticks so all slots are full), 2x L5630's, onboard dual port 10G, 3x 1TB sata drives and an Intel SSD sitting in the PCI slot as a cache drive While I've been mostly happy with this setup for a few years, but I'm getting the...
  3. rnavarro

New TOR Switch Advice

Hey All, I'm looking at getting a new TOR switch for my gear in HE.net. I want to get 10G at the TOR switch for a few of my servers. This will be replacing an HP 1910-48G switch (I don't use all 48 ports on that thing) and IPv6 support is VERY hit/miss on this switch. I currently use the...
  4. rnavarro

Complete C6100 Infiniband Homelab

Hey Guys, EDIT - Will take $350 for the whole set! I have for sale a complete C6100 Infiniband setup. I have it listed for $450 on eBay for everything, but I'm definitely willing to negotiate for STH members! Complete C6100 / C6105 Infiniband Homelab | eBay As a note, the switch included in...
  5. rnavarro

[SFBAY] WTB SFP+ DAC Cables

Hey Guys, Anyone here in the bay area have 4 spare SFP+ DAC cables they want to sell? The Cisco DAC cables I have aren't linking up with my US-16-XG (but they do on my LB6M) Happy to drive to you to buy the stuff. If I don't hear back by Sunday 12/11/16 5pm I'll place the order online...
  6. rnavarro

Colo Space!

UPDATE - 7/22/22 Tenant is moving out and I have some space available again! Same details apply, pretty flexible arrangement! ---------------------------- I wasn't sure where to post this up, but this place seemed relevant. I have some colo availability at Hurricane Electric in Fremont, CA...
  7. rnavarro

Upgrade Advice

Hey All, So I'm looking for new colo right now and power prices are crazy in the bay area... :( I have a C6100 with 4 nodes all spec'd to the same: 2x Xeon L5640 48GB Ram 10G Mezzanine Card H310 HBA 3x 1TB SATA drives The entire C6100 draws right around 3.5A of power I also have a SuperMicro...
  8. rnavarro

Colo Search....Again

Hey Guys, So I got an email from my current colo host about raising rates for IPv4 allocations: I'm not sure I buy their reasoning, but it is what it is.... I like Datacate a lot, but it's a 30% increase in my hosting costs which makes hosting closer to home a bit more appealing (Datacate is...
  9. rnavarro

cr0ntab's Garage Sale

Hey All, So the minister of finance (GF) has spoken and I need to start clearing out some of the crap I have in the garage. The listed prices are my ideal but definitely OBO. PM me with an offer and we'll talk! Unless otherwise noted, all items are used and sold as is. All items are believed...
  10. rnavarro

HP Firmware Updates

Hey Guys, So like most of us here I purchase my HP switches on eBay second hand. In doing so there are no support contracts or anything. Now that HP has started to enforce the requirement of having a support contract to get firmware updates what are people doing? Is there a cheap/inexpensive...
  11. rnavarro

HP 1910-48G Switch (JE009A) Rackmount Ears

As the title says, does anyone know what the model number is for the rackmount ears for this switch? HP 1910-48G Switch (JE009A) I tried these, but they didn't work: Mounting Rack Ears for HP ProCurve J4813A J4903A J4899B J9021A J9028A | eBay I asked HP support if they had a part number, but...
  12. rnavarro

Server Shipping Supplies

Hey Guys, I'm getting ready to move my gear out of FDC to another colo facility and I'm almost certain that FDC tossed my original shipping boxes. So, where do I get boxes for these things? Any recommendations? I've seen a lot of people point to Uline, they have a lot of stuff there but...
  13. rnavarro

Layer 3 Switch vs Router

Hey Guys, I have a seemingly basic question. What's the difference between using a layer 3 switch and a router? (Assuming I have a copper handoff at the colo) I'm considering replacing a pfsense box with a layer 3 switch (I need the switch, so I figure if it does all the same things why not...
  14. rnavarro

Intel SAS Expander RES2SV240 $200

I've had my eye on these for a while....this is a pretty good deal from what I've seen on ebay: Intel® RAID Expander Card RES2SV240 SAS SATA 24 Port Expander Card w Cables | eBay Comes with cables and a full size bracket.
  15. rnavarro

rnavarro's setup

Hey All, Since we're all posting our home racks I figured I'd jump in for some fun too! Here's a link to the direct album I got the full 42U rack off craigslist for $100 it's in very very good condition, came with keys to lock it too! :D Add some super custom air filtration to the...
  16. rnavarro

HP Disk error lights

Hey All, Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, so feel free to move it! I had a question about controlling disk fault lights, in particular on an HP DL320S. The box currently has a P800 raid controller in it and when a disk faults the amber LEDs turn on and let you know...