HP Disk error lights

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rnavarro

Feb 14, 2013
Hey All,

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, so feel free to move it!

I had a question about controlling disk fault lights, in particular on an HP DL320S. The box currently has a P800 raid controller in it and when a disk faults the amber LEDs turn on and let you know what disk is bad.

This is all fine and dandy but I want to swap out the P800 for an M1015 so I can run ZFS on the box. Does anyone know how these amber LEDs are triggered? I assume it's a setting on the controller....and *hope* that there might be a way to trigger the amber LED from within the OS (linux in this case). I'll be doing periodic SMART disk scans to check for errors much like a normal controller would. So having the ability to run a script to turn on the lights would be most helpful!

Some google searching didn't really turn up anything, but I may very well be searching the wrong terms....help would be appreciated! :D