[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Markess

May 19, 2018
If your listing said 2018 DOM and ~22K POH, I would absolutely contact them. I personally would still use them and not bother with a return, but a price adjustment is absolutely warranted as the drives were quite demonstrably not as described.
For eveyone that didn't get what was on the listing, please post back how you fared if you requested an adjustment. It helps to have information on which sellers work with buyers to resolve issues and which ones don't.

NNate

Feb 19, 2021
I sent a message displaying my discontent but did not ask for a refund of any type, I wanted to see what they would say first.
I did similar yesterday. The seller offered to replace them. Not excited for the turnaround time to ship back what I received and wait for a replacement.
Waiting for a follow-up response when I asked how that would work.

NNate

Feb 19, 2021
Update: the seller has since gone silent and hasn't responded to me since Friday. Anyone else have any luck?

Sleyk

Your Friendly Knowledgable Helper and Techlover!
Mar 25, 2016
Stamford, CT
Update: the seller has since gone silent and hasn't responded to me since Friday. Anyone else have any luck?
i would say to just give them a little bit of time to reply. I see these things going by the hundreds, so they might be busy fulfilling possibly other earlier replacements? Just a guess though. ;)

I think they will get back to you though. Haven't seen anything shady about the seller so far.

Seion

Sep 1, 2016
Northern Kentucky
Got mine today and they were 2016. Messaged Seller and they responded an hour later offering a $5 refund per drive. The lowest offer they would accept on the drives are $120

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
Got mine today and they were 2016. Messaged Seller and they responded an hour later offering a $5 refund per drive. The lowest offer they would accept on the drives are $120

They never responded to me, I'd take a few bucks back.

NNate

Feb 19, 2021
I messaged again and got the same result as Seion above.

Seems like the seller has been delivering based on sale price instead of listing - ie, if low offer accepted on the higher priced drive listing, you get the drive with stats that matches that low price instead of what you think you ordered. Doesn't feel like the right way to do it, but I'm not a merchant.

llowrey

Feb 26, 2018
I bought a bunch of these from this seller a month ago at $110 and received drives from 2016. I just ordered a bunch more and can confirm that the seller will not go below $120.

PrimeXFN

Mar 4, 2019
My second order of 8 drives arrived matching many of the recent reports - 2016 DOM and 32k hours, vs the listing 2017 and 27k. Additionally, one of them was bad (1 out of 18 total though isn't at all unreasonable in my book). Messaged the seller Tuesday morning proposing a $5 adjustment per drive, which the seller agreed to--plus the return.

Haven't seen the refund yet though. Assuming it and the return go through, I'm still pretty positive about the transaction. The He10s are surprisingly quick for rust spinners.

Reactions: Fritz

custom90gt

Nov 17, 2016
I just got a response after sending a second message and they gave me $10 per drive which sounds more reasonable. So I paid $109 a piece for them. He said that the warehouse made the mistake and sent the wrong DOM...