[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ArthurA

Sep 26, 2018
HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB (HUH721010AL4200)

I'd been watching these @ $149.95 for a while, early this week seller bumped the price up on some of their 5 and 10 lot listings to match that per drive price but Wed dropped the single drive listing to the current price. The batch I've ordered should arrive Tues, listing presently indicates 10+ avail 530 sold. Mention of 1yr warranty but no indication if that is remaining manufacturer or seller's own for what that may be worth?

DRW

May 1, 2021
Nice. I'd probably be on this, but my 14TB drives I ordered back in April have started to ship. I don't really *need* these right now.

Reactions: Samir

mimino

Nov 2, 2018

ArthurA

Sep 26, 2018
If you're looking for new drives Newegg has them for $150. HGST Ultrastar He10 10TB 7200 RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5-Inch Enterprise Hard Drive HUH721010AL4200 - Newegg.com

These are awesome drives though- used or new.
That's amazing if actually new, being from a marketplace seller what you can't see in this post is my skeptical face.

I got them to accept $600.01 on a 5-lot (rejected $525 & $590).
I'm trying not to be butt hurt. :p I see they've adjusted the pricing on the lots but when I pulled the trigger Wed the lots weren't discounted and didn't have make an offer available. Still well below my cost threshold, and I've got most of a WD Data102+ to chip away at filling.

• Wow

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
That Newegg partner seller seems a bit shady, with 79% rating and people complaining about used or doa drives shipped. Have you ever ordered from them? Can anyone vouch for them?
I haven't, but there is always a negative bias for resellers on those sites- so it's probably a little bit higher like 85 or 90%. I'm thinking of ordering 12. Haven't decided, but if I do I'll post a review when the drives come.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
That Newegg partner seller seems a bit shady, with 79% rating and people complaining about used or doa drives shipped. Have you ever ordered from them? Can anyone vouch for them?
I'd found a couple "apparently good" deals from this seller in the past when searching Newegg (both for drives and CPUs), but decided against them when I saw how many reviews were from people who'd bought "new" product that was obviously used based on SMART, scratches on heat spreaders, etc. In other cases, the products seemed to be new, except for opened packaging, but turned out to be DOA.

So, with this deal, I think I'd rather buy from the Ebay seller with 99.6% feedback, claiming 100% health. Sadly, I bought 12 drives in the last two months and I just barely snuck them in past the family :D . I don't want to risk fate again so soon.

redeamon

Jun 10, 2018
I'd found a couple "apparently good" deals from this seller in the past when searching Newegg (both for drives and CPUs), but decided against them when I saw how many reviews were from people who'd bought "new" product that was obviously used based on SMART, scratches on heat spreaders, etc. In other cases, the products seemed to be new, except for opened packaging, but turned out to be DOA.

So, with this deal, I think I'd rather buy from the Ebay seller with 99.6% feedback, claiming 100% health. Sadly, I bought 12 drives in the last two months and I just barely snuck them in past the family :D . I don't want to risk fate again so soon.
When I hear things like this it definitely makes me not want to shop on Newegg. Thanks for the info- will definitely pass on the Newegg purchase.

• Love

tby

Aug 22, 2013
Snellville, GA
set-inform.com
I'm trying not to be butt hurt. :p I see they've adjusted the pricing on the lots but when I pulled the trigger Wed the lots weren't discounted and didn't have make an offer available. Still well below my cost threshold, and I've got most of a WD Data102+ to chip away at filling.
Oh, hadn't realized they took it away after I got mine in on Wednesday. The current $650 for 5 is what they'd countered with each time, from $725 originally. Still have BO on the 20 & 100 lots if you have way more money to spend than me ;-)

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
When I hear things like this it definitely makes me not want to shop on Newegg. Thanks for the info- will definitely pass on the Newegg purchase.
My last order from newegg was knock off jabra earbuds. Seller quickly refunded when I complained, but how many people don't complain?

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Nice catch. With the 3yr warranty, these are definitely not new and shay-dee...

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
It's not just newegg though, any 'marketplace' site has scammers in it, especially if they're co-mingling inventory like one particular one does...

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
My last order from newegg was knock off jabra earbuds. Seller quickly refunded when I complained, but how many people don't complain?
Most people don't, and that's what these scammers bank on. It's the same flea market scammers that have mall and in-store locations that have just gone online now and moved into more stuff than just fake jewelry. :rolleyes: I don't buy new from a marketplace site--especially when a good retailer will have the lowest price on a 'real' version of the goods.

Reactions: itronin