[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Oh my... Read this reply I just got from the eBay seller...

I haven't left out a single thing. I have no idea what they are talking about.

And btw, "I" was the one who linked them to this thread showing many other issues (that they said no one else is reporting issues).

And this is their response... They want to invoice ME for their warranty exchange of 3 bad drives, because of a bad review and then feeling "different" now.

"I have altered the deal. Pray I don't alter it further." Holding the returned drives for a ransom now.

I dont care what their quick testing shows. One drive kills my entire HBA when plugged in, and the other two fail after stress testing for a few days - dropping in and out.

---
Hope all is well ,

After going thru all the testing the drives passed our quick test

And we are going through the next steps to fulfill your exchange .
However after we see the "review" you have given and provided and cutting out details on the forums you have posted

We feel very indifferent to this experience please send your paypal so that we may send an invoice for the shipping label for the drives

so we may end this issue
Kindest Regards

Your previous message

Please provide an update/tracking number asap.

They were delivered 1 week ago.

Last edited:

Jaket

Jan 4, 2017
Seattle, New York
purevoltage.com
Oh my... Read this reply I just got from the eBay seller...

I haven't left out a single thing. I have no idea what they are talking about.

And btw, "I" was the one who linked them to this thread showing many other issues (that they said no one else is reporting issues).

And this is their response... They want to invoice ME for their warranty exchange of 3 bad drives.

"I have altered the deal. Pray I don't alter it further." Holding the returned drives for a ransom now.

I dont care what their testing shows. One drive kills my entire HBA when plugged in, and the other two fail after stress testing for a few days - dropping in and out.

---
Hope all is well ,

After going thru all the testing the drives passed our quick test

And we are going through the next steps to fulfill your exchange .
However after we see the "review" you have given and provided and cutting out details on the forums you have posted

We feel very indifferent to this experience please send your paypal so that we may send an invoice for the shipping label for the drives

so we may end this issue
Kindest Regards

Your previous message

Please provide an update/tracking number asap.

They were delivered 1 week ago.
Well at least you are getting a reply.
They have ghosted us on email multiple times.
Kind of sad as we had plans on picking up a row of 14 racks worth of these for our data center.
They failed to provide a whole unit with caddies and haven't refunded or provided them.

Madhelp

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah I had a similar experience with this seller. I ordered 87 drives. A couple of drives I had issues with right from the jump and because it was within the return window the return process was very straight forward.

Then I had two drives fail smart tests 4-5 months after purchase. Like others have stated, I went back and forth with them for weeks and they tried to get out of honoring the one year warranty that was in the description at the time of purchase. I stayed persistent and eventually they relented and accepted the bad drives and sent me replacements. It was definitely a horrible experience but I will admit my expectations were low about them covering the drives for a year or any eBay reseller for that matter.

With that said, overall I like the drives and they have been running well.

Reactions: jtaj and eduncan911

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
Got my 3 drive replacements. Running them through tests now.

Two of the original drives have now reported errors writing to a specific sector (same sector, over and over). fio to the rescue here to identify what I thought: I got (at least) 5x drives of a bad batch (the same batch).

Yeah, I really got screwed with the entire batch of 10x drives (I am not going to trust any of these now), and the seller refuses to honor the original request for a different lot - as I now have a 50% failure rate of the original 10x sent.

@ArthurA Can you update the original post, so others won't get screwed?

You can see over the last 5 or 6 or so pages, and in my other thread for a server they are offering, that this seller cannot be trusted. Far too many orders are fracked up and their CS just ignoring those issues. And far too many CS complaints of ghosting, ignoring people, changing he-said-she-said, "send them back for us to test first" requirement under warranty, etc. And actually changing the terms AFTER they read their own bad reviews posted here of many of us complaining (my favorite - I've never been demanded to pay twice for shipping, both ways - they waited to get my drives, and then demand payment for them to send them back?!?).

They may show good deals; however, we are rolling the dice buying anything from this vendor:

deals2day-364

Last edited: