Unifi with ICX

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

KnightIT

May 15, 2019
Have any of you had any experience with Ubiquiti (Ubnt) gear and the ICX?
I am trying to keep the 10gb traffic constrained within the 10gb ports, and only route out when needed to reach a client on the wifi or the internet since the PR01 is connected via 1gb links.
I can setup static routes through the Ubnt gui or I can setup OSPF from the command line.
Not sure what the best way to accomplish this is.
Also, how do I configure port 1/1/47 and 48 as uplink ports to the Ubnt switch.

Attached is a diagram of the way i want this to look,, i think

Terry Wallace

PsyOps SysOp
Aug 13, 2018
Central Time Zone
Not to be obnoxious, but what is your end goal with that setup and that many vlans ? Are you making a vlan per a port, or renting switch space out. ?
looks like you want to make a lag out of port 47/48 from your question unless I am mistaken. Is the USG the connection to the internet ?
A little more info and we may be able to offer some pertinent advice.

First I recommend you start with a simple config and work up. Seems like your starting from a level of complexity.

KnightIT

May 15, 2019
I am trying to replicate a network design that I have for work, plus also my own stuff. The USG is the connection too the net coming out of WAN1 (which is not shown). I was wondering if I needed to LAG those ports, I can do that pretty easily.
If I can get communication from say VLAN32 on the ICX to the USG and out to the internet it would not be hard to do it for the rest of the vlans. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what config I need just to get the communication to out of the 47/48 to the ports from the vlans on the ICX.. (I should know this. but i am brain locked)
There is a ESX cluster with 3 hosts and my synology san that is connected to the 8 10gb ports on the ICX..
Let me toss together a more simple design to start with.. that should then easly scale to what i am trying to do..

KnightIT

May 15, 2019
Is this easier to follow?
The 2/1/1 and 2/1/2 and 2/1/7 and 2/1/8 are tagged for vlan 32