Supermicro X11SAT-F Thunderbolt 3 support

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dragos

Apr 7, 2019
To update, I now have the Asus Thunderbolt EX3 card working on Supermicro X11DPG-QT with the latest bios.

X11DPG-QT | Motherboards | Products - Super Micro Computer, Inc.
Hi beaker7, I have the same motherboard Supermicro X11DPG-QT Rev 1.02 and an Asus Thunderbolt EX3 card. I tried all the pcie slots, installing the drivers multiple times. My system is Windows 10Pro.

I'm currently having bios v 2.01.

It doesn't work on my end. Can you please help me in understanding your bios settings and how you've installed yours?

Thanks!

Dragos

Apr 7, 2019
Hi @vanfawx

I have updated to v 3.0b and is not working. I have the same motherboard, the same card.

Can you please share if there was any connection diagram - cable of the pins? Or a picture of the bios settings that enables the card?

Also Supermicro tech support is saying the following:

Thank you for contacting Supermicro Computer's Technical Support

Sorry to inform you that our X11 generation boards does not support Thunderbolt technology at all. We did have a few X10 board that support Thunderbolt 2 but we have decided to remove that feature.”

Everything is very confusing.

Please help?

Thanks!

vanfawx

Jan 4, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
Hi @Dragos - I'm not actually the one with this setup. Was just repeating what the OP said earlier. Unless he rejoins the conversation, it's sounding like this might be possible anymore.