[SFP+/DAC Brocade 57-1000273-01 10GE ACTIVE OPTICAL CABLE 7M] $8 with free US shipping (100 sold out, 540 relisted)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nmpu

Sep 22, 2023
Bradenton, Florida, USA
Update:

Relisted 540 more, but removed 'best offer''.

Brocade Compatible 57-1000273-01 7m SFP+ Active Optical Cable

Now, the best you can do is $6.40 (4+) with free US shipping. Inflation is affecting us all...

Original post:

Brocade Compatible 57-1000273-01 7m SFP+ Active Optical Cable

I've got a few switches with SFP+ ports and wanted to experiment.

These are 7m (23ft). They would be overkill for rack connections, but they could be coiled up.

I added the eBay item to my 'Watchlist' and received a seller offer for $7.20. I figure he netted about $0.50 after shipping and fees. That does not include the cost of the item, packing materials or labor. After some testing, I went back and offered $5.00 each for quantity 5.

eBay is nasty. If an item doesn't sell quickly enough, they'll hide the listing in search. These were actually listed under 'test probes' rather than 'networking'. They've been sitting unsold for 12+ months. Prior to my initial purchase, the listing was not shown-- even when searching with the exact title. I don't remember how I ultimately stumbled across the item.

Anyway, I think this is a pretty safe bet for the network toolbox.

Attachments

Last edited:

bwahaha

Jun 9, 2023
thanks. I snagged 2 for whatever reason. 7m is pretty long for my lab, but whatever. I have velcro strips. cheaper than lc cable of the same length, especially with optics, even though i have plenty.

Reactions: Samir

GhettoSuperstar

Mar 12, 2020
I offered 5 for 5. Hope it's accepted. I got four ports open out of eight on my Brocade switch. No idea what I would use them for. Oh well. :p

nmpu

Sep 22, 2023
Bradenton, Florida, USA
Doesn't ship to Sweden... :-(
If you could find a friend in the US, here's the shipping information:

Loose cable weighs 3oz. Plastic clamshell weighs 5oz. 8oz for both.

Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate (USPS) to Sweden
8oz $13
16oz $17
32oz $21
48oz $28

That's around $2.25 ~ $4.25 extra per cable assuming you maximize the tier.

Last edited:

nmpu

Sep 22, 2023
Bradenton, Florida, USA
90+ cables have sold due to the STH effect. I suspect some other items sold as well. I'm surprised he hasn't raised the price. Did anyone go lower than $5? o_O

The listing started at quantity 100. There's 0 remaining. Maybe he will relist.

Last edited:

Sacrilego

Now with more RGB!
Jun 23, 2016
Dang that was fast. For a moment I thought my offer wouldn't go through.
The STH Effect continues strong!

monotux

Oct 23, 2019
Kiruna, Sweden
www.monotux.tech
If you could find a friend in the US, here's the shipping information:

Loose cable weighs 3oz. Plastic clamshell weighs 5oz. 8oz for both.

Pirate Ship Simple Export Rate (USPS) to Sweden
8oz $13
16oz $17
32oz $21
48oz $28

That's around $2.25 ~ $4.25 extra per cable assuming you maximize the tier.
Thanks, but going through a proxy increases the cost, then add on import tolls and taxes…expensive. :-(

nmpu

Sep 22, 2023
Bradenton, Florida, USA
At 6.40 for 4 or more. I think it's still a pretty good deal.
Considering shipping cost and eBay fees, it's a ridiculous price. Quantity 1 is basically a gift. At larger quantities, he might clear $1 ~ $3 each. This is assuming he got the cables for free. He'd be better off selling in larger lots or using Amazon fulfillment with a $16 price. So, we have the STH effect, but there's also a huge quantity available. I don't think the buyer pool is really that large. Most people are purchasing multiples and few of us have an immediate need. The momentum may fade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sacrilego

NachoCDN

Apr 18, 2016
looking forward to getting those cables, i can swap out the Copper DAC's i have in place with my ICX6610. gotta make some space in the front by migrating 10Gb links to the back with a 40Gb Copper breakout cable. love that switch!

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
this woulda been great when I had the bootleg vimin SFP switch that would short out when I used a DAC. I had to pay, like... several dollars more for a tranceiver and fiber combo.