Recommended eBay seller for used 10G SFP+ access network switches

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nickwalt

Oct 4, 2023
Brisbane
I've been using tugm4470 to purchase excellent quality used data center equipment, such as Epyc CPUs and motherboards, memory and SSDs. However, he does not sell switches and so was wondering if many people here have good experience with sellers who stock switches. My preference would be branch office or campus switches with 12 or 24 10G SFP+ switchports.

10G LR4 SFP+ modules are dirt cheap, as are DAC cables and single-mode fibre patch cables. Cheers.

Reactions: Samir

ano

Nov 7, 2022
can you describe needs more? there are sevral very good vendors on ebay

also bigup to tugm4470, just got some goodies from him 2 days ago :)

I like hpe flexfabric,arista, aruba(hpe)

10G is just LR, not LR4 :p

Reactions: Samir and nickwalt

nickwalt

Oct 4, 2023
Brisbane
Thanks, I think I've been looking at too many 100G LR4 QSFP28 transceivers.

A single small switch for a homelab. Four switchports might be enough but 8-12 is good too.

Sean Ho

seanho.com
Nov 19, 2019
Vancouver, BC
seanho.com
If 4xSFP+ suffices, then Aruba S2500 or ICX6450, both have megathreads here. Or CRS305 if you can keep it cool.

If you need more SFP+, then ICX6610, TI24x/LB6M, CRS309, FS S5300

Reactions: Maxz

nickwalt

Oct 4, 2023
Brisbane
Thanks for the model recommendations.

Maybe there are so many good eBay stores selling network equipment that it is difficult to make a recommendation.

Last edited:

sic0048

Dec 24, 2018
As a general rule, any high volume IT reseller with a high rating is going to be fine to deal with. They are generally very quick to correct problems because they simply want to be done with the "deal" and on to the next one. The more time they spend arguing about things, the less money they make.

NablaSquaredG

Layer 1 Magician
Aug 17, 2020
If you want a specific recommendation:

Dedicated Networks, Inc from Minnesota
Inteleca from Georgia

I've dealt with both and especially Dedicated Networks Inc has always been amazing.

Reactions: nickwalt

foureight84

Jun 26, 2018
Slightly unrelated, but since you guys will probably need cables, 10gtek has decent pricing on cables most of the time.

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
If you want a specific recommendation:

Dedicated Networks, Inc from Minnesota
Inteleca from Georgia

I've dealt with both and especially Dedicated Networks Inc has always been amazing.
Dedicated networks is great to work with. There gear comes with a one year replacement warranty. Last week I got a switch from them, it was DOA. They next day air shipped me a replacement and told me don't bother shipping back the dead one.

notgeneric

Dec 11, 2020
Portugal
pedrof.me
Not wanting to dry up stock too much, I would consider the ARISTA 7050SX-64 if you don't mind the ~100W of power consumption and slightly higher noise level. They're going on eBay for pretty record low prices for such a good switch: Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48-Port 10GbE / 40GbE Switch wtih Rack Ears | eBay - I personally purchased from this user on eBay (not affiliated) and got mine shipped all the way to the EU (cheaper than buying locally) and they're working quite well.

Thanks!

Reactions: nickwalt

EngChiSTH

Jun 27, 2018
Chicago
1) pick product you want - some examples below. Personally I am pretty happy with Brocade and have been using 6450 and then 7250
2) find the seller that would give you a good price 'out of the door' with shipping to your area.

if you are local to USA and Chicago area, I would give you 6450 for free which is collecting dust. however, I think you are in land down under which is a ways away to ship to.