Infiniband Switch (SX6012) - Boot issue ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Ok, thx for the prices, just wondered how much those are going for...
And I assume if you can get a support contract for that specific used switch (you should make sure this would be applicable) then they would be able to help you out, eg by providing the password for this particular switch.

But honestly I'd go back to the seller and ask for a refund if you can't resolve this.

You might be able to extract the firmware from an attached device using mlxdump...
You'd need a running subnet manager I assume since the one on the switch will not load in time...
and you need to be quick enough before it boots...
Maybe one of the other debug tools offers additional options...

Last edited:

bekax

Feb 14, 2017
Ok, thx for the prices, just wondered how much those are going for...
And I assume if you can get a support contract for that specific used switch (you should make sure this would be applicable) then they would be able to help you out, eg by providing the password for this particular switch.

But honestly I'd go back to the seller and ask for a refund if you can't resolve this.

You might be able to extract the firmware from an attached device using mlxdump...
You'd need a running subnet manager I assume since the one on the switch will not load in time...
and you need to be quick enough before it boots...
Maybe one of the other debug tools offers additional options...
I'm going to try and make sure the support applies to this.
If not, I will return it...

mpogr

Jul 14, 2016
Since I've done a fair bit of hacking on MLNX-OS, it looks like some bits of the configuration DB have become corrupted.
Unfortunately, without access to either MLNX-OS or U-Boot prompt, there is not much you can do. Trying to get some support from Mellanox seems like the only viable course of action at the moment...

bekax

Feb 14, 2017
Since I've done a fair bit of hacking on MLNX-OS, it looks like some bits of the configuration DB have become corrupted.
Unfortunately, without access to either MLNX-OS or U-Boot prompt, there is not much you can do. Trying to get some support from Mellanox seems like the only viable course of action at the moment...
Well, I have access to the U-Boot.
Just not sure if there's a default password for booting over USB or U-Boot prompt?

Only not able to access the MLNX-OS due to the mentioned corruption and errors.

mpogr

Jul 14, 2016
From memory, the password is not device specific, hope you can convince Mellanox Support to share it with you...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

bekax

Feb 14, 2017
From memory, the password is not device specific, hope you can convince Mellanox Support to share it with you...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Not even trying... :(
So yea, I guess it's return time.

Thanks all for the help anyway.