sx6012

1. G

EU (CLOSED) Giving away broken EMC SX6012 (ES)

Giving away the possible 'broken' EMC SX6012 from this thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/mellanox-emc-sx6012-revival-attempt.31343/ . Take note it's an 'Engineering Sample'. The Delta fans are still working. The screws for the case are gone. I will ship the broken 2nd...
  2. G

Mellanox/EMC SX6012 - Revival Attempt

New project. I received an SX6012 for shipping costs only. Tried to get it running and to get a console today. First of all, the switch starts. Both fans in the middle are running 100%. Both fans in front of the power supplies are running on minimum rpm. Mgmt port shows straight green and...
  3. herby

Mellanox Switch (SX6012) QSFP Breakout Compatibility

I think I'm going to get a Mellanox SX6012 switch but I don't have any 40Gb NICs yet. I was wondering what experience people have had with different QSFP to 4x SFP+ breakout cables and Mellanox switches. Since I've had luck with passive Cisco SFP+ DACs in my Connectx-2 NICs I thought I might...
  4. B

Infiniband Switch (SX6012) - Boot issue ?

Hello everyone, What brings me here is a used switch I bought of ebay and is giving me a hard time to boot. It appears that when the system should become ready to login and running, some errors start to appear on the console: Mellanox MLNX-OS Switch Management cmpny-GW login: Apr 17 16:11:22...