Chelsio dual port 10g NIC $19.72 with free shipping

Sleyk

Mar 25, 2016
Stamford, CT
May be worth it for the price if we truly can't find anything else. The $12 bucks itself isn't too horrible for a rare pci bracket, but the shipping I agree might harm me...:eek:

I emailed the seller and asked him to please consider shipping to the US as we could use a few of these brackets. Will await their response.

Reactions: Fritz

saivert

Nov 2, 2015
Norway
I don't understand why you waste your time with these nics. Do you really need Chelsio for some specific reason. I have also seen deals on Chelsio with proper brackets that isn't that much more expensive. Think about how much you would be paying to have brackets custom made or even purchase them. Also isn't your time worth something too?

Reactions: aero

epicurean

Sep 29, 2014
I think we did not see the other Chelsio deals with regular brackets earlier on. Unfortunately, we are still stuck with these good cards, just need a solution for the brackets.

fjacques

Dec 13, 2016
As for these elusive standard height brackets, I have searched eBay high and low. I even bought a few experimental brackets from China in hopes one or so might work, but to no avail. The closest is the intel da x520 sfp+ dual port card, but the interface ports line up just slightly below the sfp+ ports for the chelsio card, so no fit.
i have a full length but looking for half length wanna trade ?

Sleyk

Mar 25, 2016
Stamford, CT
Quick update on the seller: He literally just ignored the daylights out of me. Haha! I even sent him another email last week! Some people....ah well, the quest continues...

I don't understand why you waste your time with these nics. Do you really need Chelsio for some specific reason. I have also seen deals on Chelsio with proper brackets that isn't that much more expensive. Think about how much you would be paying to have brackets custom made or even purchase them. Also isn't your time worth something too?
Well, for one my friend, the chelsio is the only nic that i can confirm works with pfsense and I have them integrated within all my pc's and my whole network. I could use the slightly newer mellanox nics, but I can't find a cheap dual port alternative to the chelsio's. It isnt a waste of time mate! We all pick and choose what works for us and our setups. Surely you understand the quest to find the cheapest most functional pieces of equipment? Ephasis: "cheapest" :p

i have a full length but looking for half length wanna trade ?
Sure thing mate! PM me your address and I can send ya a couple for trade.

fjacques

Dec 13, 2016
Quick update on the seller: He literally just ignored the daylights out of me. Haha! I even sent him another email last week! Some people....ah well, the quest continues...

Well, for one my friend, the chelsio is the only nic that i can confirm works with pfsense and I have them integrated within all my pc's and my whole network. I could use the slightly newer mellanox nics, but I can't find a cheap dual port alternative to the chelsio's. It isnt a waste of time mate! We all pick and choose what works for us and our setups. Surely you understand the quest to find the cheapest most functional pieces of equipment? Ephasis: "cheapest" :p

Sure thing mate! PM me your address and I can send ya a couple for trade.

cant figure how lol you PM me, ill reply

maze

Apr 27, 2013
Anyone who Can confirm these to be working for esxi6.5? - want to use these in my vsan lab