Aruba AP to IAP

who

May 12, 2022
what are you looking for?
Are you able to take note of the URL that the fw is downloading from when you get the chance to?
Those cloudfront URL doesn't work anymore since after Feb 2022, still works for fw released before.

These worked for those five (32x) fw released between March and May,
Code:
http://common.cloud.hpe.com/ccssvc/ccs-system-firmware-registry/IAP/<filename>
However the above too have stopped working for those released in June 2022.

Last edited:

bolo921

Jul 6, 2022
Hi all
Just converted AP-535 to iap. I am able to login using GUI but I can't see any of wifi network. I have created new wifi network but is not visible on my mobile or notebook. Any ideas?

Originalus

Dec 22, 2020
Hi all
Just converted AP-535 to iap. I am able to login using GUI but I can't see any of wifi network. I have created new wifi network but is not visible on my mobile or notebook. Any ideas?
Hi,
Try to check Configuration -> Networks -> your wifi Show advanced settings -> Miscellaneous, SSID not hidden and encoding is set to default.

bolo921

Jul 6, 2022
Hi,
Try to check Configuration -> Networks -> your wifi Show advanced settings -> Miscellaneous, SSID not hidden and encoding is set to default.
Thanks for Your feedback.
Checked and there is all right.
maybe it helps:information led is all time red

bolo921

Jul 6, 2022
Powering by PPoE 50v 1,2A (60watts) Ubiquiti gp-c500-120g
default - tried but issue is still there
Mu device is RW version and I used RW too
Method to convert:

1. proginv system ccode CCODE-RW-de6fdb363ff04c13ee261ec04fbb01bdd482d1cd
    (Important, to write the country code. When converting to IAP the IAP must have country code to operate. Not sure for US-AP as never tried so because it is tied with US regulation, but for the code try to change only RW to US and keep everything else same. Please try and let us know, if not, need to find out the US with the hashcode accordingly)
  2. invent -w
    (Important, converting AP into IAP)
  3. dhcp
    (Get the ip address for the AP before upgrading os through TFTP.
    If could not get the ip from DHCP server, use this command to set static ip for the ap "setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.2")
  4. setenv serverip 192.168.88.177
    (Set TFTP server ip before flashing the firmware OS)
  5. upgrade os 0 ArubaInstant_xxx_6.x.x.x-4.x.x.x_5xxxx
  6. upgrade os 1 ArubaInstant_xxx_6.x.x.x-4.x.x.x_5xxxx
    (there are 2 boot image on the ap, just to make sure it will not rollback to AP-OS)
  7. factory_reset
    (optional, clean up the static ip that set before)
  8. saveenv
    (IMPORTANT, save the configuration so the "turn off mobility" will not appear)
  9. reset

Originalus

Dec 22, 2020
5 series does not need this. This guide for older access points. You can change ap to iap in Maitenance -> Convert by selecting Standalone AP choosing AP and pressing convert.