1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

up2urheadlights

Nov 13, 2019
Hey everyone I am a little late too the party. I picked up an LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031 off eBay last week and waiting for delivery. I noticed after reading through this thread that it uses a custom bio due to the 3x540 intel Nics. Unfortunately, all of the custom bios unlocked BIOS links are no longer working. Is there any chance someone would be willing to host a new link for the file?

Thanks, Killnfield
mod_bios.rom This contains the most recent microcode.

Reactions: tvo and Bert

mbze430

Nov 1, 2019
I just got this motherboard from ebay (parts-met-servers) BIOS is locked and I tried the password in this thread; no good. I can't boot from USB, SSD or HDD. Am I screwed? I downloaded the BIOS but I can't flash it without going to DOS. During boot I don't see IPMI address either.

nevermind! I just figured out the password... it's password. So anyone that might get one from parts-met-servers will know in advance

Reactions: EasyRhino and Fritz

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I just got this motherboard from ebay (parts-met-servers) BIOS is locked and I tried the password in this thread; no good. I can't boot from USB, SSD or HDD. Am I screwed? I downloaded the BIOS but I can't flash it without going to DOS. During boot I don't see IPMI address either.

nevermind! I just figured out the password... it's password. So anyone that might get one from parts-met-servers will know in advance
Reminds me of the time I bought a Sargent and Greenleaf heavy duty combination lock on eBay for dirt cheap because the seller didn't know the combination. First thing I tried when I got it was the default combination it leaves the factory with, 20-30-40. And what do you know, it opened.

up2urheadlights

Nov 13, 2019

I just sent them a message on eBay and they sent me the password. IPMI should be set to DHCP, so you would just need to figure out what address your router set for it.

mbze430

Nov 1, 2019
I just sent them a message on eBay and they sent me the password. IPMI should be set to DHCP, so you would just need to figure out what address your router set for it.
yeah like I said i figured it out anyway. and the IPMI was statically assigned when I got into it. so yeah thanks but didn't help any.

mbze430

Nov 1, 2019
Okay I need some help or suggestion. I didn't realize the IPMI port on this motherboard is dedicated. Thinking it was shared (Cause I need more ports) I set it to share. Now I can't get into it. Even in the BIOS all hose settings are blacked out.

Suggestion?

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Install ipmicfg tool and update the setting via the tool from the host OS.