1U Supermicro Server 6x 10GBE RJ45 X10SLH-LN6TF LGA 1150 H3 X10SLH-N6-ST031

mbze430

Nov 1, 2019
I plan to get this board to replace my old SuperMicro board. However I am planning to place it in a regular full tower case that accepts e-ATX. Is the board mount holes standard ATX/M-ATX holes?

Second, I see SATA 4 and SATA 5 is in a yellow port, are they different?
Third, is there a manual?
Forth, what is the status on BIOS and IPMI firmware?
Fifth, Are there I/O plates out there? or these boards come out from the 1U unit it's actually part of it?

Last edited:

eduncan911

The New James Dean
Jul 27, 2015
eduncan911.com
I plan to get this board to replace my old SuperMicro board. However I am planning to place it in a regular full tower case that accepts e-ATX. Is the board mount holes standard ATX/M-ATX holes?

Second, I see SATA 4 and SATA 5 is in a yellow port, are they different?
Third, is there a manual?
Forth, what is the status on BIOS and IPMI firmware?
Fifth, Are there I/O plates out there? or these boards come out from the 1U unit it's actually part of it?
I'm on mobile right now so can't give specifics.

But all the answers you seek are in this thread. Use the search feature for this one thread for the manual, io plate, bios and ipmi, etc. It's all here.

For the different color data ports, that's standard SATADOM.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
The board is few inches longer than standard MATX , holes will line up.
Just prepare to use couple of plastic standoff for the front part of the board.

It uses SM I/O plates, could be purchased on Ebay, or SM store.

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
the version of the board I bought came with an io backplate, but it was a screw in plate presumably for a rackmount system, and doesn't exactly fit a ATX case.

mbze430

Nov 1, 2019
I didn't see if this was mention in searching this thread. But I know the board say E3-1200 v3 processors and none other. Anyone tried another 1150 CPU? I have a few 1150 non-Xeon CPU but support (Low voltage I3/Pentium), ECC memory. Does this BIOS support non-Xeon?

Last edited:

mbze430

Nov 1, 2019
Yes, i3 and i5 works

on the other hand, I brought few E3-1240 v3 for $38 each. similar performance of I7
That's a good price. But this is just running XigmaNAS and only doing SMB/NFS shares. Just needed the 10Gb. Think my little I3 or Pentium should be fine.

up2urheadlights

Nov 13, 2019
I didn't see if this was mention in searching this thread. But I know the board say E3-1200 v3 processors and none other. Anyone tried another 1150 CPU? I have a few 1150 non-Xeon CPU but support (Low voltage I3/Pentium), ECC memory. Does this BIOS support non-Xeon?
Haswell Celeron works. I'm not sure about Broadwell, I don't think Supermicro updated the BIOS with newer microcode. I think maybe we can use UBU to update the microcode, but I don't have a copy of the BIOS and the link provided earlier is dead. Can someone post a new link to the BIOS or send to me?

up2urheadlights

Nov 13, 2019
I was able to get the firmware, and updated the microcode to the latest version using UBU. Unfortunately, this did not enable V4 Xeon to work. Get power loop, no POST.

Does anyone have a X10SLH-F board to see if that board can use V4 chips? It may be as simple as modifying that boards bios to include things like the 10GBE drivers. I'll likely just flash the F bios and see if it works and report back here. There were two bios revisions newer for the F, 3.4 vs 3.2 on the LN6.

up2urheadlights

Nov 13, 2019
I was able to get the firmware, and updated the microcode to the latest version using UBU. Unfortunately, this did not enable V4 Xeon to work. Get power loop, no POST.

Does anyone have a X10SLH-F board to see if that board can use V4 chips? It may be as simple as modifying that boards bios to include things like the 10GBE drivers. I'll likely just flash the F bios and see if it works and report back here. There were two bios revisions newer for the F, 3.4 vs 3.2 on the LN6.
After a bit of digging using UBU and AMIBCP the bios has microcode 40671 which according to Intel is for Broadwell Xeon E3 V4 chips, and I previously noted updating to the latest microcode from Intel still doesn't allow E3 V4 chips to boot, at least with the E3-1285 V4 that I have. This CPU is untested (don't have any other board to test), so it's possible I got a DOA chip. Anyone care to test this, it's the drunkencat version updated to the latest microcode.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018

I have the board but I don't have V4 chip to test.