Search results

1. R

SlimSAS LP to SlimSAS 8i Cables? Hard to source...

Hey guys, Apologies if this is in the wrong forum... I'm working with an ASRock ROME2D32GM-2T Motherboard that uses slimSAS LP ports for a bunch of the PCIE lanes. Problem is I'm having a really hard time finding slimSAS LP to regular slimSAS 8i cables... I found these on a Dell forum but...
  2. R

EPYC 7452 CPU's - Showing Very Slow L3 Cache and RAM in memtest86

Is there a reason that L3 cache and RAM would show speeds this slow in memtest86? I have two of these systems and both are showing the exact same results. Gigabyte G482-Z52 systems 2x EPYC 7452 CPU's 16 DIMMS of DDR4 2933MHz (1 DIMM per channel for each CPU, so should be at full 8 channel...
  3. R

Samsung PM1733 NVMe Drive - Very Slow

I purchased a Samsung PM1733 7.68TB NVMe drive for a build I'm working on. This morning I installed it and quickly threw Ubuntu 18.04 onto it to do some testing/benchmarking for the whole system. Speeds are WELL below the stated 7000MB/s read that Samsung advertises. hdparm returns the...
  4. R

Supermico 2x NVMe Add-On Card - Will this work in a Supermicro 4027/28 GPU Server?

Looking at picking one of these up for a build I'll be working on but understand that bifurcation is required for both the M2 slots to work with this add on card. Card Part#: AOC-SLG3-2M2 Does anyone know or have experience using one of these cards with a Supermicro 4027/28GR GPU server? Thanks
  5. R

Supermicro IPMI Fan Speed Control - GPU System

Hi guys, I'm having issues setting fan speeds on a 4027GR-TR Supermicro system. System has 8 fans for both CPU/GPU/chassis cooling, and are controlled via the IPMI. I've followed this guide from PigLover but it doesn't seem to work with this system...
  6. R

GPU Server - Exxact Tensor TS4-264546-DP2?... Is this an old April fools joke?

I stumbled upon this article on Exxact's blog that covers the advantages of using PLX chips and single root PCIE complexes for GPU deep learning etc. Example 4 highlights their new "Tensor TXR414-1000R" system which can apparently take up to 20 GPU's, all while using 5 PLX switches to...
  7. R

APC PDU - Metered vs Switched. Can I switch on/off banks on a "Metered" PDU?

Hi Guys, Pretty simple question but I'm not able to find any reliable answer ATM. Some posts I've found seem to say that you can switch the banks on/off. Looking at some 30A APC PDU's and ideally would like switched PDU's when/if systems hang but ones that fit my needs and are also reasonably...
  8. R

Supermicro PDB & PSU Compatibility?

Is there anyway to find out what Supermicro PSU's work with specific PDB's? I can't seem to find any documentation from Supermicro, and am not seeing any threads here. Specifically looking for a compatibility list for a PDB-PT416-8824 Thanks for any help.