EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

jirijanata

Mar 9, 2016
Hi everyone, I updated the BMC Firmware to 12.61.17 and after the update I can't login to the IPMI from Edge and Chrome. I'm getting "Session Expired" or just redirection to the login page again and again. I have no drives, just CPU, 32 GB RAM (KSM32ED8/32HC) in A1 slot. In Internet Explorer is the IPMI working just fine. I used new InPrivate Windows etc. Had anyone the same problem?

jirijanata

Mar 9, 2016
Thank you for your reply. I’m using InPrivate/Anonymous Mode in Edge/Chrome. So there is nothing to clean. I tried Edge after the Chrome wasn’t working anymore (=after Firmware update). So there was nothing in the cache and it didn’t worked. I will try another PC later, but because I saw the same problem on german forum, but without solution, I thought that I’ll try to ask here.

I also tried to shut the board down for more than the minute, but it also didn’t worked.

knewtsson

Feb 22, 2024
@knewtsson

Where can I find the ASPM and ACPI setting in the BIOS?

I found under Advance/AMD CBS/CPU Common Options: ACPI_CST C1 Declaration and changed from Auto to enabled

ASPM?

P.S. so far, I only can reach C3 too (TrueNAS scale) - When running powertop, all is marked as good (without autotune)
I had to follow the steps in my link to find and configure these settings. I could not find them in the GUI!

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
I just want to add my two cents to those who are facing problems with the initial board setup and think that their boards are DOA (dead on arrival - for the search engines only).

At first it looked to me like the board was also DoA:

No monitor output, no VGA signal
no response to pressing any button
no response to power buttons (fans started spinning after plugging in the power cord)
no BMC connectivity (or at least that's what I thought)
only loud fans
No post BEEP

Now my setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650G
Gigabyte MC12-LE0 Rev1.0
2x 16 GB Kingston ECC DDR3200 RAM (KSM32/ED8/16MR)
PicoPSU 160XT (160 Watt, 12V input) + Leicke 12v 120Watt AC-DC PSU (will change to 192 Watt AC-DC PSU)

What I found out, thanks in part to this thread:
Contrary to some opinions in this thread, the board or CPU is doa if there is neither a beep nor a signal on the VGA output. This assumption was not correct in my case. Ultimately, it was because the CPU was not yet supported by the BIOS.

First I thought, despite the LED code of the BMC was correct (Slow blinking is good=ready for operation), it is dpa. I didn't find the IP of the BMC. The router arp table didn't knew it. Then I checked my dhcp server and looked for the MAC address which is printed on the BMC NIC. And I found an IP. And from that point it was quite easy.

I downloaded the latest BIOS file, updated the BIOS via the BMC (it seem all Board for about 50 € / $50 are shipped with F06 BIOS, and check for the right selcection in the menu what you want to update). The update was successfull according to the BMC WebGUI, but still the same issues as I mentiond at the beginning of the post and BMC still showed that BIOS F6 is currently running. The solution was to unplug the power after the BIOS update. After a new cold start, the right BIOS with F11 startet, the CPU was corrctly recognized as 5650G instead of 3600x and I also got a VGA output.

Last edited:

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
I just want to add ym two cents to the ones who are facing issues by the first setup of the board and who thinks their boards are DOA (dead on arrival - just for the search engines).

First, for me it looked like the board was also DoA:
  • No monitor output, no VGA signal
  • no reaction to hitting any key
  • no reaction to the power buttons (the fans startet to spin after plugging in the power cord)
  • no BMC connectivity (or at least I thought so)
  • just noisy fans
  • No Post BEEP
Now my setup:
AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 5650G
Gigabyte MC12-LE0 Rev1.0
2x 16 GB Kingston ECC DDR3200 RAM (KSM32/ED8/16MR)
PicoPSU 160XT (160 Watts, 12V Input) + Leicke 12v 120Watts AC-DC PSU (will change to 192 Watt AC DC PSU)

What I found out, in parts thanks to this thread:
According to some opinions in this thread, the board or CPU should be doa if there is neither a beep nor VGA output, wasn't correct in my case. In the end it was all due to the fact, that the CPU wasn't yet supported by the BIOS.

First I thought, despite the LED code of the BMC was correct (Slow blinking is good=ready for operation), it is dpa. I didn't find the IP of the BMC. The router arp table didn't knew it. Then I checked my dhcp server and looked for the MAC address which is printed on the BMC NIC. And I found an IP. And from that point it was quite easy.

I downloaded the latest BIOS file, updated the BIOS via the BMC (it seem all Board for about 50 € / $50 are shipped with F06 BIOS, and check for the right selcection in the menu what you want to update). The update was successfull according to the BMC WebGUI, but still the same issues as I mentiond at the beginning of the post and BMC still showed that BIOS F6 is currently running. The solution was to unplug the power after the BIOS update. After a new cold start, the right BIOS with F11 startet, the CPU was corrctly recognized as 5650G instead of 3600x and I also got a VGA output.
Thank you for this update. Does the iGPU in 5650G show up under your devices?

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
The iGPU is by default disabled in BIOS, but you could enable it, but then the remote control wouldn't work any more and the system doesn't boot up any more. It didn't answers to any ping even after 10 Minutes. Therefore I don't see any GPU under "your devices". I choose a APU for my setup because it is monolithic and for ECC support I needed a pro model. Monolithic Zens are more powersaving in idle than their chiplet brothers.

Advanced -> CBS -> NBIO -> GFX
1708865216598.png1708865232244.png

BTW, I want to use a bifrucation x4 x4 nvme PCIE x8 adapter card for 2 SSDs. But after setting bifurcation for x4/x4/x4/x4 BIOS, BMC and Windows still show only one of both NVMe SSD . Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: etorix and Serhan

AlexGee

Aug 3, 2022
The iGPU is by default disabled in BIOS, but you could enable it, but then the remote control wouldn't work any more and the system doesn't boot up any more. It didn't answers to any ping even after 10 Minutes. Therefore I don't see any GPU under "your devices".

Advanced -> NBIO -> GFX
Same behavior here with F11 and F13 BIOS…
I tried all settings and only „Auto“ and „ Disabled“ let the system boot, whereas „Auto“ acts like disabled and iGPU is disabled in both cases.
The iGPU cannot be activated (at least I haven’t seen anyone to get it working) + system boot (right now: hope for a F14 BIOS to fix the bug)

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
The iGPU is by default disabled in BIOS, but you could enable it, but then the remote control wouldn't work any more and the system doesn't boot up any more. It didn't answers to any ping even after 10 Minutes. Therefore I don't see any GPU under "your devices".

Advanced -> NBIO -> GFX
View attachment 34917View attachment 34919

BTW, I want to use a bifrucation x4 x4 nvme PCIE x8 adapter card for 2 SSDs. But after setting bifurcation for x4/x4/x4/x4 BIOS, BMC and Windows still show only one of both NVMe SSD . Any ideas?
Thank you for testing iGPU, seems like none of us had success on that.

etorix

Sep 28, 2021
It has been said that APUs can only do x8x4x4, and you need a regular desktop Ryzen for x4x4x4x4.
With a x16 bifurcating adapter you should have three SSDs; with a x8 you're out of luck, unless there's a x4x4x8 mode.

Reactions: conf_f

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
Thank you both, as I found out, actually the board is x4/x4/x8 capable.

It has been said that APUs can only do x8x4x4, and you need a regular desktop Ryzen for x4x4x4x4.
With a x16 bifurcating adapter you should have three SSDs; with a x8 you're out of luck, unless there's a x4x4x8 mode.
APUs can only do x8/x4/x4, even the Pro ones. An adapter like this one would work: https://aliexpress.com/item/1005006502248133.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.27.645572e6W0nYW2

But for using 2 nvmes in my x16 Slot with the Cezanne APU I have to choose vice versa to make it work: x8/x4/x4 is the right option for my x8 (2 x4) adapter. Last lanes are obviously mentioned first.

1708935142168.png

And I am happily surprised that the build is quite power saving, 19 to 20 watts at idle. And 4-5 Watts of that are for the BMC.

1708934896985.png

Now it is time to setup Xpenology on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: etorix

rickyJ

Nov 2, 2023
Hello guys,
I've just receive my board and it doesn't want to boot or POST.
I'd followed previous instructions :
- Update BMC
- Update Bios

But still nothing,
The default F06 still appear in bmc while i update bios from bmc to F11.

Product Manufacturer
GIGABYTE

Product Name
MC12-LE0-00

Build Date
09/01/2021

Firmware version
F06

My configuration :
Ryzen 7 5800x
64GB RAM (Samsung M393A2K40DB1 16GB x 4)
PSU Seasonic G series G750

i need your help.
Thanks

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
Habe you disconnected the power? And how long? In the case of an ATX PSU I would disconnect the 24 PIN ATX connector and the 4/8 PIN CPU connector for 5 minutes

koaly

Dec 19, 2023
Hello guys,
- Update BMC
- Update Bios

But still nothing,

Product Manufacturer
GIGABYTE

Product Name
MC12-LE0-00

Build Date
09/01/2021

Firmware version
F06

My configuration :
Ryzen 7 5800x

i need your help.
Thanks
I purchased two of these boards.
First one had similar to your simpthoms: no POST, only BMC access was available.
With 5 3600 installed I have managed to update first the BMC to 12.61.17 and after that the BIOS to F11.
After cold start updated versions are shown in WebUI.
I tried 4 CPUs: 3 pro 3200g, 5 3600, 7 5700x, 3 pro 5350ge. All of them did not lead to POST, although correct CPU and RAM are shown in BMC WebUI.
Memory tried in A1 slot are 32 GB ECC Micron, 8Gb ECC Samsung and also 16Gb Gskill Ripjaws. PSU as NXZT s650m.
All the CPUs, RAMs and PSU have been many times confirmed working on other boards.

No luck so far. I also tried different VGA cables amd VGA to DP and to HDMI adapters, and a monitor with VGA input that worked fine with other configurations.
With the second board I could not even login into BCM WebUI. It just gave an error like "Login failed".

Frankly I am losing patience and starting to think about returning both for a refund.
Is there anything I can try?

Last edited:

monotux

Oct 23, 2019
Kiruna, Sweden
www.monotux.tech
Hello guys,
- Update BMC
- Update Bios

But still nothing,

Product Manufacturer
GIGABYTE

Product Name
MC12-LE0-00

Build Date
09/01/2021

Firmware version
F06

My configuration :
Ryzen 7 5800x

i need your help.
Thanks
I had no issues running my 5800x with F06. See if you can get the machine running with only one or two DIMMs, start with the blue slots and see if it starts up.

What GPU are you using? 5800x has no built-in GPU, so not getting any VGA output is more or less expected. Using the BMC it will probably work fine.

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
What GPU are you using? 5800x has no built-in GPU, so not getting any VGA output is more or less expected. Using the BMC it will probably work fine.
Not my experience. The VGA output comes from the BMC. You will get a monitor output even with non iGPU-CPUs. My APU iGPU is defintively deactivated and after activation of the iGPU, THEN the monitor stay blank, because the VGA output doesn't come from the iGPU but from the BMC.

BMC is alike a dGPU.

Reactions: koaly