EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
Then set it manually - you will find the PPT, PDC and EDC for the different TDP settings via google.

35W stays after reboot with my Mainboard with F13
I tested this method, but the same. The settings aren't persistent and after leavving the BIOS (F10 Save & Exit) even the XFR Settings are back to "auto".....

rickyJ

Nov 2, 2023
Hello guys,
I've just receive my board and it doesn't want to boot or POST.
I'd followed previous instructions :
- Update BMC
- Update Bios

But still nothing,
The default F06 still appear in bmc while i update bios from bmc to F11.

Product Manufacturer
GIGABYTE

Product Name
MC12-LE0-00

Build Date
09/01/2021

Firmware version
F06

My configuration :
Ryzen 7 5800x
64GB RAM (Samsung M393A2K40DB1 16GB x 4)
PSU Seasonic G series G750

i need your help.
Thanks
RAM modules were indeed not working with this board , I tried a corsair Vengeance from my workstation and the board started with post and everything else.
So I'll probably need to buy ram modules (do you have some recommendations ? )

saddfox

Feb 29, 2024
NIce one, maybe you finally get that encode going :) ... FYI been doing some tests on ARC 380 ... it basically 2x what you get from even the fastest CPU based quicksync... it does 8x 1080p 10bit x265 encodes faster than my 5700x cpu does one hehe and idles at 1w when not encoding
Any tips on getting a380 to idle at 1w? Just got mine and it idles at about 15-20w. Asrock challenger model. I am using Proxmox, if it makes a difference.

SlowmoDK

Oct 4, 2023
Any tips on getting a380 to idle at 1w? Just got mine and it idles at about 15-20w. Asrock challenger model. I am using Proxmox, if it makes a difference.
Well, when active in use in a VM it will idle at 15w (ie for plex/jellyfin encoding) but if you blacklist the i915 module in proxmox, it will idle at 1w when not running in VM (my usecase as i only encode for archival and not in plex/jellyfin)

I believe you can get to 4-5w idle if you run it on baremetal linux not through proxmox

See

I have resizeable bar enabled on mine and this almost doubles his results in the encode tests

Last edited:

saddfox

Feb 29, 2024
Well, when active in use in a VM it will idle at 15w (ie for plex/jellyfin encoding) but if you blacklist the i915 module in proxmox, it will idle at 1w when not running in VM (my usecase as i only encode for archival and not in plex/jellyfin)

I believe you can get to 4-5w idle if you run it on baremetal linux not through proxmox

See

I have resizeable bar enabled on mine and this almost doubles his results in the encode tests
Thanks, I have already tried that without success. Enabled ASPM in hidden bios settings (using F13), forced aspm on with that script, no luck. It's unfortunate as it's otherwise amazing for transcoding.
I will try if it works on other distros / newer kernels or even Windows.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
I guess Release != Build and in this case someone of Gigabyte hadn‘t done its job. Hence it has been released months After Build. And I don‘t think that extensively testing of that Build would take 4 months

Last edited:
Reactions: etorix

saddfox

Feb 29, 2024
Well it works for me on my 5650G. It was still disabled in bios by default, set it to UMA Auto (I think?) and that's it.
For anyone interested, it works nicely with jellyfin, I get around 200 fps 1080p h265 -> 1080p h264 and 120 fps 4k h265 hdr -> 1080p h264 with tone mapping.

0b:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cezanne [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] (rev d9) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

koaly

Dec 19, 2023
Hello everyone,
As a new member, I have read both this thread and the German forum linked here.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this great thread! I would like to share my experience, which may be helpful.
1. It seems that those who report issues with POST or VGA may be using monitors with HDMI or DP inputs and corresponding adapters. However, most adapters only work one way (HDMI to VGA). Only adapters with additional USB power will provide a picture when using VGA to HDMI.
The absence of a POST signal could also be a long startup process without any audible indication. I tested two motherboards and did not receive any beeps. It is possible that this is a BIOS failure, but I am unsure. When I press the power button on my running Unraid server, I hear a very quiet double beep, indicating that the shutdown process has started.
I experienced the same lack of POST beep with all BIOS versions (F06, F11, F13, F14).

2. After updating BMC and BIOS over IPMI I have tested the MB successfully with various CPUs and APUs, including 3200g, 3600, 5700x, pro 5350ge, and pro 5750ge. I found that the settings for overclocking and power saving differ between CPUs and APUs, as well as between generations.
As my primary APU is pro 5750ge, I have set it to 35W and disabled all PBO and overclocking.

3. I measured the power consumption of my system and found that without OS optimization, it consumes 27W when idle and up to 60W when all devices are on. The HW include 2x32 GB 3200 ECC RAM, 4x 14TB HDDs, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVMe, and 1x NIC SFP+.

4. I also tested the Asrock x570 phantom 4 and found that it has the same power consumption. However, the standby power consumption on MC12 is 5.5W, which is higher than the 4W on the Asrock, but it is a cost of IPMI.
Asus x570 Proart consumes 35W in Idle and 7W in standby, although there is no IPMI.

I'm currently trying to decide whether to switch back to Asrock or stick with the MC12. While the x570 is a more advanced chip with 3x NVMe and 8x SATA, it unfortunately lacks IPMI, which I'm willing to sacrifice for SATA. Ideally, I would have chosen the ASRock X570M Pro4, but it seems to be out of stock almost everywhere.

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
You could add tons of SATA by installing a 4x m2 PCIe x4 Card into the x16 Slot ( x4x4x8 or x4x4x4x4 Bifurcation, add 3-4 M2 PCIe to SATA adapters (up to 5 SATA Ports each) and you get 6 + 15 or 6+20 SATA Ports.

hmartin

Sep 20, 2017
You could add tons of SATA by installing a 4x m2 PCIe x4 Card into the x16 Slot ( x4x4x8 or x4x4x4x4 Bifurcation, add 3-4 M2 PCIe to SATA adapters (up to 5 SATA Ports each) and you get 6 + 15 or 6+20 SATA Ports.
At this expense and bother, just buy an HBA.

Reactions: etorix

Cruzader

Jan 1, 2021
How about we combine these plans?

A x4x4x4x4 card with x4 pcie adapters on all slots for 4 HBAs
Then sell a kidney and start buying expanders to get to 4096 satas.

Reactions: hmartin

etorix

Sep 28, 2021
That doesn't even make economical sense. AEC-82885T SAS3 expanders go for 30 E apiece on eBay. One would be spending more on bifurcating risers and cables than on expanders…
Maybe you mean 4096 drives per HBA, every five of them. But then one can now get a 1st. gen. Xeon Scalable and its motherboard for less than the cost of a MC12-EC0 and the set of risers.
Keep the kidney to pay for power to run the array: You'd need to sell the complete pair to foot the bill. A Darwin Award awaits!

conf_f

Feb 24, 2024
You are all so funny, not, but no one got the point and you for far offtopic. It was about the decision whether to use x570 with 8x SATA and no BMC or 6x SATA and BMC. My post should only show, in a little exaggerated way, that this is no real question since it is very easy to expand the SATA connectors even without wasting the whole x16 Slot.

Reactions: koaly