Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
It will only show $299 after you sign up for the Beta program. Anyone not signed up for the Beta program will see $599 (and, presumably, shipping will be delayed).

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Definetly gonna order one when home, what do you guys think of the Mesh APs? I do need an AP to cover a large home at ~20mbps or so, think it's the right fit?
I use quite a lot of ubiquiti equipment and while their old APs were junk the new versions have been great. Of the three new APs I would get the long range model. Very few clients have 3 antennas so you generally won't see an improvement by going with the pro and the LR version is just a bit more than the lite. I had an office with 6 of the older models (I told you they were junk) and replaced them with a single LR and ended up with better coverage and speed in the same very large building. I would also look into their cloudkey hardware, it's cheap and an easy way to manage any unifi equipment you have including the 16 port 10gb switch.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I use quite a lot of ubiquiti equipment and while their old APs were junk the new versions have been great. Of the three new APs I would get the long range model. Very few clients have 3 antennas so you generally won't see an improvement by going with the pro and the LR version is just a bit more than the lite. I had an office with 6 of the older models (I told you they were junk) and replaced them with a single LR and ended up with better coverage and speed in the same very large building. I would also look into their cloudkey hardware, it's cheap and an easy way to manage any unifi equipment you have including the 16 port 10gb switch.
I run all my unifi sites on an aws instance and that works a whole lot better. I run lites, pros and 1 old one at home and they are fine, a lite would probably suffice.

dms

Feb 20, 2014
How long are these type of deals usually available? 24 hours, a week, months?

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Is the beta for the hardware or the software?
Beta software for sure but no one knows with 100% certainty if it's beta hardware or not. They have had a nearly identical model on sale for a while so my guess is the only thing that has changed is the chassis and the innards are the same as the switch they are currently selling. In other words I don't think you have to worry, just flash the latest firmware when it comes out and it should act the same as a non beta switch (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Kybber

May 27, 2016
Wow, thanks for sharing! I immediately joined the beta-program and ordered one to Norway using a freight forwarding service.
Just a quick note to let everyone outside the US know that my order was accepted, and the unit has already been shipped. In other words: "US only" does not exclude the use of freight forwarding services :)

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
I am going to guess that any order with it at that price is going to be canceled but good luck

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
i think so too, but maybe say offer me the "regular" price of $299 ;)

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Well this sucks, I ordered Monday night and my account says the order is on hold... No idea what that means so I emailed them. My card has been charged so I hope they ship!