Seagate Nytro 5000 1920GB@$200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

altmind

Sep 23, 2018

altmind

Sep 23, 2018
Well, I shouldn't've used "datacenter-grade" as its rated 0.3 DWPD. Still not bad for read-intensibe drive.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
I saw those too the other day. A couple thoughts after some digging...
  • They are too long for the NVME slots in many motherboards and PCIE carriers. Which may impact the demand, so the seller may be marking them down.
  • One of the reviews on New Egg says that the Seagate website didn't recognize their drive's serial number. Since its being sold by a "marketplace" vendor, and not as a retail product by New Egg, I think there's a chance that these are OEM drives. So, warranty may be an issue.
  • By all accounts they run hot. Seagate Website says that you must use a heatsink, and they aren't included. I don't know if these can take a generic heatsink, or if there's some proprietary part. But either way, getting heatsink adds to the totall cost of ownership.
Well, I shouldn't've used "datacenter-grade" as its rated 0.3 DWPD. Still not bad for read-intensibe drive.
Well, Nytro is one of Seagate's enterprise product lines. I thought the same thing when I looked at it,