Random Hardware

Discussion in 'For Sale/ For Trade/ Want to Buy' started by Geen G, Nov 13, 2016.

1. BlueFox

BlueFox Active Member

You have proof that they have what they claim to? All the photos I got via email from them really weren't any different than what was posted here.

I wouldn't disqualify them so quickly just because their view isn't in your favour. We had the same thing happen last time when new people from other forums registered to post more information to complete the picture of what was going on.

TJ4 likes this.
  2. qbittorrent

qbittorrent New Member

Listen to this guy, if you won't listen to a newcomer.

I'm really here to warn people and solidify perspectives, not to make people feel bad. I'm aware of what's going on and have a decent bit of indirect experience with the guy. He's a scammer through and through. All you who got ripped off just need to stop being in denial, and do your best to get your money back.

3. aero

aero Active Member

They're called con men for a reason. ..gain your confidence then cheat you. So what if you spoke with him many times on the phone. Probably much easier to deceive you with a charming personality.

confidence man - Wiktionary

I hope everyone gets their money back. But maybe even more so I hope this scam artist gets nothing out of deal, and is penalized in some form.

4. Netwerkz101

Netwerkz101 Active Member

^^^ Just another opinion of people who may or may not have been taken/scammed.
    My opinion = it helped no one ..nor did anything other than to seemingly insult people trying to get a good deal.

I never mentioned, nor do I care that you are "New".
    It's what you posted that mattered.

^^ Huge difference in tone and perceived purpose... now had you just come and said that, I would have had a silent night!!

5. carlitoCabeza

carlitoCabeza New Member

:( this will end badly... all red flags... I just hate scammers

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

6. qbittorrent

qbittorrent New Member

Illuminati confirmed

7. SycoPath

SycoPath Active Member

Btw, it's almost midnight and I still didn't get so much as a sorry, not even a reason. Completely ignored.

8. anon_pirate

anon_pirate New Member

9. Aestr

Aestr Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting that @anon_pirate. It's what I've been thinking this whole time.

10. warlockedyou

warlockedyou Member

I also messaged Geen, waiting to hear back.

11. SycoPath

SycoPath Active Member

Hope you have better luck than me.

Sad thing is, I'd probably still try another meet up to buy the drives, killer price. No way in hell I'm doing any remote business though.

12. Jeff Robertson

Jeff Robertson Active Member

Received a text saying tracking number would be in tomorrow... Take that for what it is.

13. Patriot

Patriot Moderator

Make sure not to let him delay past refund limits...

Aestr and _alex like this.
  14. BlueFox

BlueFox Active Member

Of course. How else are they going to stall for time?

If you haven't started disputing all your charges, get on it. If on the off chance, this does turn out to be legitimate (even though all signs point to no), you can always cancel said dispute or they can provide whatever info they have to the payment processor. Stop being hopeful and greedy. That's pretty much exactly what they're counting on.

If they really wanted some transparency, then purposefully disabling their online status (which also shows the last activity) is clearly showing the opposite as far as intentions go.

Aestr likes this.
  15. anon_pirate

anon_pirate New Member

Gene/Geen/Geene claims he rented an "entire fedex truck". The truck is going directly from NC to the East Coast to drop off these 20+ pallets. There are no fedex numbers yet. He is getting them on the weekend? What part of this makes any sense.. is the driver going to write them on the palettes with a sharpie once Fedex Corporate creates them, again, on the weekend?

Have you guys ever used Fedex? Fedex does not rent an "entire truck", (except for Fedex Custom Critical, which is a service that begins in the thousands -- think expensive things like medical equipment, emergency deliveries, etc -- very boutique). You don't ship pallets of gear with Fedex (seriously, call them and ask), you use a private logistics/trucking company. Fedex also doesn't run lift-gate trucks, which would have been required for pickup and delivery.

When you use a logistics/trucking company, you give them a shipping manifest of exactly whats included on each palette. In either case, tracking numbers (or waybill numbers) are created BEFORE the shipment, and would have been available prior to shipping for any major carrier (including major couriers). They would have already quoted and agreed on a price atleast three days prior to having the equipment picked up. A lift-gate truck would have taken even longer, and he would have asked you if you had a loading dock available. Lift-gate services charge an additional fee each time they have to lift-gate materials. The logistics company would have contacted you to setup delivery logistics -- they cant just leave ten palettes in your driveway.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  16. abq

abq Active Member

You called it, I will be more careful next time. ..."Stop being hopeful and greedy. That's pretty much exactly what they're counting on."

17. carlitoCabeza

carlitoCabeza New Member

There is a LOT of people here still in denial, this is obviously a scam, I thought that others after reading that one person was left waiting in early hours by someone that never showed up, and never called back... I thought that would open some eyes here, but still they keep a positive attitude as if that would make things better... please open your eyes :(, run for your money!

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk

18. qbittorrent

qbittorrent New Member

So how about those tracking numbers?

19. Stack

Stack New Member

[11/26/16, 00:30:26] me: yo
    [11/26/16, 09:50:53] me: Around?
    [11/26/16, 09:52:48] MyDediBox: Yes what do you need ?
    [11/26/16, 09:53:11] me: Why don't you update forum post lol
    [11/26/16, 09:53:26] MyDediBox: Because everyone I sold products to has my personal number that is why.

That's our last talk today before I was removed from his skype contact.

Make me laugh.

20. anon_pirate

anon_pirate New Member

KioskAdmin, NSKA and Aestr like this.