Random Hardware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I refunded over 50k worth of payments after they hit my bank account if I wanted to scam anyone I would of literally ran off with the 50k that was in my bank account yet I'm still here responding. I'll follow up more in detail when I have a little bit more time. Not to mention after I refunded all that money I paid the fees out of my own pocket which came up to about $450 bucks then ended up sellin most of the things for pennies on he dollar making about 18k in all for the storage. So again I say if I wanted to scam anyone I would be well on my way with the 50k that was in my bank 3 days ago.
As I said, he has two valid points here. If stuff hasn't arrived by Monday then there is an issue, not a single scam has happened in this thread as of right now.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
We will see. I was ready to work out a deal with some of the remaining parts but twice now he has fallen away with some issue. Leaves a not so good taste in the mouth.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@Geen G it's hard to believe you can't find 5 minutes to respond to the member you stood up at 4:30AM. Regardless of if you're a scammer or not you clearly don't place much value on the time of others. Of course some will always be attracted to low prices, but I think there are now a lot of members here that will steer clear of you.

Edit: Removed incorrect mention of missing tracking

Last edited:
Reactions: marcoi

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
@Geen G it's hard to believe you can't find 5 minutes to respond to the member you stood up at 4:30AM or the other members that don't have the tracking info you promised. Regardless of if you're a scammer or not you clearly don't place much value on the time of others. Of course some will always be attracted to low prices, but I think there are now a lot of members here that will steer clear of you.
He promised it by Friday. Never did he promise me the tracking today.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Fair enough. I've edited my post. In that case he could equally address any of the other poor practices mentioned here. We can include missing deadlines for tracking when/if that happens.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
Let's give this a break and wait until Friday for Tracking and Monday for shipment.

EDIT: Try to not let this ruin your holidays. Enjoy your invaluable time with family and loved ones!

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I don't see any reason to leave this alone until we know if it's a scam or not. A scam will certainly make this worse, but there are enough things that already deserve an explanation that if he's serious about doing business here in the future he would be wise to address ASAP.

TJ4

Nov 23, 2016
Oh shit. I hope everything works out for you guys. Replying so I can follow this thread.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
I refunded over 50k worth of payments after they hit my bank account if I wanted to scam anyone I would of literally ran off with the 50k that was in my bank account yet I'm still here responding. I'll follow up more in detail when I have a little bit more time. Not to mention after I refunded all that money I paid the fees out of my own pocket which came up to about $450 bucks then ended up sellin most of the things for pennies on he dollar making about 18k in all for the storage. So again I say if I wanted to scam anyone I would be well on my way with the 50k that was in my bank 3 days ago.
So why are you still not replying then? you could have at least had the decency to message me at ANY POINT and say I changed my mind or I'll be unavailable. I told you how far I was driving and YOU set the time.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
@NSKA How much money did you send this guy?
I have not been scammed as of right now. I don't feel the need to hate or rant until I have hard evidence i.e. The stuff is not in. My garage next week.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Isn't this playing out exactly like the last time we dealt with this? Apparent refunds for some, telling everyone else that their stuff is on its way, contact getting to be far more sporadic after money is exchanged to stall for time (also changed privacy setting so we can no longer see their status on the forum), no proof of anything, etc. If I remember correctly, the original post stated that they had just apparently won this at auction and that they had no experience with hosting (except their gmail account name indicates otherwise). Most of the sent photos were from 2014 and none showed the high end stuff that was supposedly being sold, not to mention zero proof of ownership. I've had people ask me for proof and it's not exactly hard to provide a piece of paper with a name/date in a photo. Burner phone/email makes it far easier to not leave much of a trail too. The number of red flags in all of this isn't even funny. Apparently it's the same person too!

I think Patrick may need to implement some restrictions on FS/FT access to help alleviate this from occurring regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aestr

qbittorrent

Nov 23, 2016
I'm not gonna lie. The lot of you are not very intelligent. Is your collective greed so great that you actually think the guy was selling 850 EVO 250GBs for 6 bucks a pop? Does the promise of easy money infatuate you so much that you're willing to throw money down the drain? This thread is comic gold.

Netwerkz101

Dec 27, 2015
I'm not gonna lie. The lot of you are not very intelligent. Is your collective greed so great that you actually think the guy was selling 850 EVO 250GBs for 6 bucks a pop? Does the promise of easy money infatuate you so much that you're willing to throw money down the drain? This thread is comic gold.
Creating a new account and making a first post to call people "not very intelligent" is even more comic gold.
Go away and leave the "not so intelligent" alone.

Your post and my reply are not helping anything .... let's leave the thread mmkay??

qbittorrent

Nov 23, 2016
Your post and my reply are not helping anything .... let's leave the thread mmkay??
Oh but because I'm new to the forum, I'm unqualified to post? I'm familiar with the scammer and the current situation. None of you who sent money to this guy did your due diligence. You saw a video with some 10 year old servers and some 74gig hard drives and opened your wallets. A quick google search would've saved a lot of heartache.

Reactions: TJ4

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Oh but because I'm new to the forum, I'm unqualified to post? I'm familiar with the scammer and the current situation. None of you who sent money to this guy did your due diligence. You saw a video with some 10 year old servers and some 74gig hard drives and opened your wallets. A quick google search would've saved a lot of heartache.
You don't know what any of us saw? Plenty of us have spoken to him privately. This doesn't seem to concern you.