Random Hardware

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

warlockedyou

Sep 4, 2016
You do not have an arrival date.

You're giving a courtesy to someone who's not provided you with anything you've asked up until this point, and is ignoring people asking for the official tracking number.

@Jeff Robertson Exactly ;) and pretty much what you gotta do in this situation re: refund/scam.

-- Is everyone awaiting packages that are supposed to arrive today 11-28-2016 on the west coast?
It's late on the East Coast already and it would be nice if those members updated this thread too.
East Coast here. End of Monday, no one contacted me about where to drop off the freight.

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
East Coast here. End of Monday, no one contacted me about where to drop off the freight.
Same, asked repeatedly when I would need to be home and if I would need a signature. He did reply I would need a sig but wouldn't tell me when or give tracking code.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Same, asked repeatedly when I would need to be home and if I would need a signature. He did reply I would need a sig but wouldn't tell me when or give tracking code.
Are these e-mail/txt threads or conversations? Gotta be eerie having a 'one sided' conversations then when the important bits pop up he pulls a vanishing act. WTF

Still wishing you all he best possible outcome with the least amount of headaches. Never been in a situation like this before. Follow other members thread advice on reporting to appropriate agencies is all I can echo.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
I received a text stating someone had received their order at 9 this morning (no mention of who) and that mine would be here by tonight... Should I hold my breath? :)

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
I received a text stating someone had received their order at 9 this morning (no mention of who) and that mine would be here by tonight... Should I hold my breath? :)
He said it would arrive at my residence in the north east at 6pm tonight.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
It's just more stalling for time. You need to have filed a chargeback by now. If you really think that something may show up, that's exactly the kind of hope and wishful thinking they're counting on. Stop being so daft.

Reactions: Patriot

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
I called my CC company last week, they said I had to wait for the delivery window since nothing could be proven until then. They scheduled a call for tomorrow to formally investigate the issue. I also used paypal which has a 21 day hold on the money so I'm not worried about that portion, they will just credit it back and he won't get a dime.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Kinda surprised. My issuer didn't give me any trouble on the 4TB drive thing and was able to start the chargeback immediately.

Jeff Robertson

Oct 18, 2016
Chico, CA
Which company are you using? I'm going through capitalone and maybe they have a different policy? The rep was very nice and didn't seem to think there would be a problem waiting so I'm not going to worry until after I talk with her again tomorrow. I called twice ahead of time to verify they would cover me so I'm hoping I wasn't lied too...

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
LOL, pretty vague, sounds like more bait/delay... don't hold your breath :-D

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Yeah tomorrow it'll be 'ohh sh|t, I must have not made the shipping deadline/courier left/came early'...blah blah :-(

SAVAGE!

We have reputable enough members here that SOMEONE would have replied back here if they received jack diddly/advised us if this guy had any shred of dignity/ethics left.

EDIT: Prove me/us wrong Gene and you will receive a sincere/heartfelt apology cause the last thing I wanna do is slander/badmouth a respectable member.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
Like i said before, he told me he contacted Paypal, while i had been in contact with Paypal the whole time, he told me a bunch of diffrent things and Paypal flat out said he was lieing because he never called, they confirmed that by checking with the account he told me to send money to.

There is no possible way anyone could say oh sorry i must've not called paypal and dreamed i did so sorry. For me he is a proven liar and that indicates that he also must be a scammer seeing as the rest of the clue's put me and everyone else in the same direction.

Last edited:

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I bet his cat has to go to the vet tomorrow suddenly so he'll check on the shipping delays as soon as he gets done.
Or that he needs to go Christmas shopping (with our dear members $$$) for his two (or was it three) daughters...I forget the backstory/log BWA HAHA.

May be out test driving a new crotch rocket :-D

Ok sorry Patrick, I'll stop wasting your BW/disk space. Spicing up the drama!

Reactions: cperalt1

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Or that he needs to go Christmas shopping (with our dear members $$$) for his two (or was it three) daughters...I forget the backstory/log BWA HAHA.

May be out test driving a new crotch rocket :-D

Ok sorry Patrick, I'll stop wasting your BW/disk space. Spicing up the drama!
Are you trying to tell me the daughter is still missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSKA

Nov 17, 2015
Lmao his "6pm eastern" deadline is no longer existent apparently!
I bet his cat has to go to the vet tomorrow suddenly so he'll check on the shipping delays as soon as he gets done.
Guess he's at the vet like you said?