Qnap QSW-1208-8C 12-Port Unmanaged 10GbE Switch - $350

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

fossxplorer

Mar 17, 2016
Oslo, Norway
Just heads up for this review from Amazon:

For some reason some of the RJ45 ports stop functioning. There is a link light on the switch side, but the PC either reports no connection or a limited connection. After a switch power-cycle everything functions correctly. This mostly seems to impact my 1000Gbase-T realtek (on motherboard) adapters on 2 different PCs (win7 and win10).

I have been very happy with the 10 gigabit performance! Most of my 10gbe NICs are SFP+ Mellanox and 10gase-t Aquantia chipsets.

Update on Dec 17, 2019
After going through an RMA the replacement switch has not experienced any of the dropping connections issues as before.

JoshDi

Jun 13, 2019
Just heads up for this review from Amazon:

For some reason some of the RJ45 ports stop functioning. There is a link light on the switch side, but the PC either reports no connection or a limited connection. After a switch power-cycle everything functions correctly. This mostly seems to impact my 1000Gbase-T realtek (on motherboard) adapters on 2 different PCs (win7 and win10).

I have been very happy with the 10 gigabit performance! Most of my 10gbe NICs are SFP+ Mellanox and 10gase-t Aquantia chipsets.

Update on Dec 17, 2019
After going through an RMA the replacement switch has not experienced any of the dropping connections issues as before.
I had the 8 port version of this switch and never had a problem with 10gbe Intel network cards. Aquantia and realitek network cards are pretty buggy in my experience

Netwerkz101

Dec 27, 2015
Looks dead now - price back ~$500+
I was on the fence ... the bad reviews about ports going down scared me (burned by Ubiquiti).

Reactions: T_Minus

Atos

Jul 6, 2019
Same. I just did my shopping and was super tempted due to the price and due to needed SFP+ and copper. The numerous reviews saying the copper ports go dead every few weeks and require a reboot scared me away. Ended up going the Mikrotik route and just getting some the SFP+ to 10gbase-t adapters they just did reviews on here. 3 weeks in and zero regrets. Cost was probably even less than the sale price of the Qnap.

WANg

Jun 10, 2018
New York, NY
Hm. Just out of curiosity - what's this switch like in terms of noise/power consumption? And how does it behalf with generic twinex cables/SFPs and whatnot?