My September 2017 Workstation Build

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I'm still severely dissapointed that there is no proper Workstation or Server level Ryzen or ThreadRipper Motherboards with UDIMM ECC and IPMI. The Processors themselves are fine, is the fact that there are only consumer type platforms what annoys me.
I think AMD clearly tried to market their TR line with the intention of attracting workstation users but clearly (at least to me) the features are aimed more towards competing with Intel in the consumer gaming/custom builder arena.

Fortunately for me, I actually do want a more consumer build that also has some workstation like features (lots of cores/PCIe lanes, etc.) so the TR is very attractive to me.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
I'm still severely dissapointed that there is no proper Workstation or Server level Ryzen or ThreadRipper Motherboards with UDIMM ECC and IPMI. The Processors themselves are fine, is the fact that there are only consumer type platforms what annoys me.
AMD trying to steer people toward EPYC for that purpose...