Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
I have the R14 but have not put it in use yet, looks stout though.

On a side and unhappy note, ordered up what I thought was a steal of a kit of 64 gb memory (4x16gb dimms/M393B2G70DB0-CMA) @ $60 each come to find out after testing just now I have one bad dimm in the lot of four no matter where I place that dimm and ONLY that dimm it causes the B7 hang, running on 112 GB now until I get a replacement/refund.

I gotta admit, I didn't have the warmest/fuzziest feeling when the dimm kit came in a plastic ziplock bad all stacked on top of each other (neatly I will give them that), rolled up firmly, double rubber banded on the ends and a roll or two of bubblewrap in a paper mailer)...wtf/smh :-(

You CAN'T make this sh|t up!

bad-packaging-M393B2G70DB0-CMA-dimms.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: frogtech

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
The ebay seller is offering up a Hynix dimm, I said no thanks I have all matching samsung memory and guess what I see a listing of yours w/ 4 more of the M393B2G70DB0-CMA dimms so I cannot even begin to think why they are offering me a mis-matched/not orig item replacement...even if it IS compatible which hell I dont even know yet, they didn't specify Hynix model. Guess I could request refund if they are being a PITA.

whitey

Jun 30, 2014
Doesn't Samsung use Hynix chips on their modules?
Who knows, not me, I just want the same samsung PN dimm's I already have 15 of to not sh|t up the mix :-D Even if it does work, I'd prefer the refund and just go get another M393B2G70DB0-CMA module.

Last edited:

Davewolfs

Aug 6, 2015
Would have to be, and if so not really a deal since they've been 15-20$ for a long while via "BO".
They are 8GB. $15 can be had but usually slower 1333 memory. 1600 isn't $15. If you don't care about speed by all means get the slower chips. Also take into consideration all the shit people go through before they find DIMMs that work. I haven't had any issues with mine.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
They are 8GB. $15 can be had but usually slower 1333 memory. 1600 isn't $15. If you don't care about speed by all means get the slower chips. Also take into consideration all the shit people go through before they find DIMMs that work. I haven't had any issues with mine.
I've noticed people have had issues, but I've had maybe 2 or 3 duds out of 200+ DDr3 sticks in the last 12 months so I think I'm doing ok ;) and yeah 15 is doable, I know others here who've gotten them for that price too. $20 for faster stuff too.

It's not a bad deal, but it's also not a great deal is all I'm say ing;)

If you don't need capacity it's also hard to pass up 4-6$ 4GB sticks :D hehe

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Just went through my notes. bethanie1990 had M393B1K70DH0-YH9 for $14.

NICE!!

Sadly none of these mentioned prices are worth the hassle reselling it :(
Just sitting on it now for those odd-projects... LOL

If we could get some $60 16GB DDR4 I'd be happy, but $78 so far is best for me.

aj84

Oct 28, 2015
Germany
Does someone know what is typically included in the supermicro "bulk" motherboard packages? Are the i/o-shield and cables missing / only in retail package included?

ehorn

Jun 21, 2012
Nice little 1u compute node on the cheap....

16 cores are decent...

Power is decent...

Temps are decent...

and the price was very decent!

Solid Ebay sellers:

prism_electronics10 --> delta psu
nationwidesurplus --> mb, heatsinks
geek_noize --> ram
stalliontek --> cpu's

Just awaiting the connectX-3 to get the SAN connected...

You guys are great for spotting deals on gear!

lucidrenegade

Dec 12, 2011
Does someone know what is typically included in the supermicro "bulk" motherboard packages? Are the i/o-shield and cables missing / only in retail package included?
Mine had the I/O shield and 2 SATA cables. The only thing you're missing is the pretty box.

Reactions: aj84

arkuatic

Apr 30, 2013
Nice little 1u compute node on the cheap....

Solid Ebay sellers:

prism_electronics10 --> delta psu
nationwidesurplus --> mb, heatsinks
geek_noize --> ram
stalliontek --> cpu's

Just awaiting the connectX-3 to get the SAN connected...

You guys are great for spotting deals on gear!
What case did you go for?