HP ThinClient T620 GX-415GA 4-core (standard/slim, not Plus) -- $25/$35

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Received replacement SSD today. Popped it in and installed thinpro os. Kept it unplugged for 15 mins then started it up ... all working great :)

very great box and price. Hope they have more soon; I’ll probably switch out all our Raspberry Pi thin clients to these.
Sweet. :) And these things are ridiculously reliable. The Wyse z90 series ones I have are no less than 10 years old at this point and have probably been on 24x7 for most of that time. :) Thin clients in general are ridiculously reliable. I still have some Neoware ones that are working, one that I know has been on 24x7 for 14 years since I've had it, and probably at least 5 more years before I did. :eek: Still works to rdp into anything modern too. :D Always funny to see that.

Reactions: teafarer

teafarer

Jan 23, 2020
VA
Those of you that were able to grab these at the $25/$35 price, did you get a power adapter or do you have a good source for getting a compatible one? Only listings at those prices I'm seeing now are with no AC adapter (plenty of quantity available for good price, I think they're mostly dual-core variants though).

I suppose finding a compatible adapter will be cheaper (if they're not proprietary) than paying $50-60 for the Dual Core version of the T620, or $70-90 for the Quad? :eek: Which, aren't terrible prices I guess but I'm not nearly as enticed to grab one... Maybe I should hold off until some deals on these are found again.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I would hold off. When I was looking at these they did come with a power adapter. And to give you some comparison, my Dell Wyse D90q7 that came with the same quad core processor and win7e and 4gb was $50 shipped almost 5 years ago.