Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

klosz007

Jul 26, 2021
Be aware of the pitfall: I had some issues because 192.168.1.1 is my router, so I just unplugged my usual network and plugged in the switch. I got to the fw-update page of the switch, but after starting the update the connection got lost. Turned out that my network card was configured to use DHCP, which obviously won't work without router/DHCP-server...
It's a bit of their bad design to use 192.168.1.1 as the recovery IP. Mine, when crashed and self-switched into recovery mode, went into IP address conflict with default gateway/router which cause a lot of "fun" until I realized what was going on.

mercindustries

Feb 27, 2024
I mistakenly flashed the wrong firmware for SKS3200M-4GPY2XF as well. Since no one posted findings to this device here are my observations when attempting to recover the device

Recovery bootlog
Code:
==========Loader start===========
Press any key to start the normal procedure.
To run SPI flash viewer, press [v]
To enforce the download of the runtime kernel, press [ESC] .
  cmd 27
sal_sys_runtime_crc_set
loader start
load MAC from nvcfg
  IP:192.168.1.1
Mask:255.255.255.0
  GW:192.168.1.254
MAC:1C.2A.A3.1A.56.0D
Normal bootlog
Code:
==========Loader start===========
Press any key to start the normal procedure.
To run SPI flash viewer, press [v]
To enforce the download of the runtime kernel, press [ESC] .....
  cmd -1
    Check Runtime Image.....
    Chksum Correct!
    RunTime Kernel Starting....
Ver8373_72: C

===========================Config Area pre-check Starts.=====================.
Pre-Check the config size structure is equal or not.
(sizeof(configCache)) a42.
(FLSH_ADDR_END-FLSH_CONFIG_ADDR_START) a42.
(FLSH_CONFIG_ADDR_START) 1fe000.
(FLSH_ADDR_END) 1fea42.
It seems no risk!..................
==============================Config Area pre-check ends.===================.

SalFlshCopyFlshToCache()
sal_sys_config_restore()
Restore dhcp state is: 0

Restore ip is: 192.168.10.12

...OK
sal_mirror_config_restore()...OK
sal_qos_config_restore()...OK
sal_vlan_config_restore()...OK
sal_rate_config_restore()...OK
sal_trunk_config_restore()...OK
sal_l2_config_restore()...OK
sal_loop_config_restore()...OK
sal_eee_config_restore()...OK
sal_stp_config_restore()...OK
sal_igmp_config_restore()...OK
sal_port_config_restore()...OK

#############According to the flash setting to set the WEB/DUMB mode

#############Read the web/dumb mode.....!!!###

#############web_dumb_cfg.vld_flag=-1, web_dumb_cfg.mode=-1
#############Begin to set the web mode

################################################################

############Login Menu ############
### Please input uboot password below: ###
uboot password is the same as the one on Github

Board layout
IMG_0424.jpg
Pin layout
pins.jpg

Last edited:

Don Demetrio

Feb 26, 2024
Hello, I created user 'root' to have the SSH access working but when I login it does not ask for the password at all! What a crazy 'security' - it jumps straight in the CLI without any authentication.

This is for the S600W-5GT-2S+_SE Hesivo switch

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Hello, I created user 'root' to have the SSH access working but when I login it does not ask for the password at all! What a crazy 'security' - it jumps straight in the CLI without any authentication.

This is for the S600W-5GT-2S+_SE Hesivo switch
You are probably better off writing in the thread below instead.

The current thread is for switches based on different switch chips and different management interface code base. It will just get confusing. :)

ncage

Mar 8, 2024
Guys thanks for all the info. I joined just to talk about the SKS3200M-8GPY1XF I received this week.. I promptly upgrade to the v 1.9 firmware. I was a little nervous honestly but it all went well. The only screwy thing i have experienced so far is trying to change the default ip address. So i changed it & clicked "apply". It did in fact change the ip address. So i unplugged It and moved it where it belongs & found out i couldn't access it. I did this multiple times and realized there was a save button under tools --> Save. As i found out if you don't click that your settings will not be retained. So what i had to do was after i changed the ip I had to change the ip of the computer i have plugged into the switch and click the save button. As soon as i did that it was retained. I think it should be retained after you click apply but thats not how it works.

The only missing feature that i wish they would add is the ability to change the name of the switch. Hopefully its added in a future firmware but monitoring here to see if a new fw comes out is a pain :p. I would like to turn on DHCP & just access it by network name but i can't do that unless i want to use the long name of the switch.

I will probably test to make sure you can't do any VLAN port hoping but i'm sure someone here has already tested that.

I don't have the SPF+ port plugged in yet but i plan to do so really soon

Anyways this switch is a steal for what you get it for.

shimian

Dec 19, 2023
I didn't see it posted here (and it might be the same as the others) but attached is the V1.9 firmware I received for the Hasivo S1100WP-8GT-1XGT-SE which is the 8 port 2.5G w/10G RJ45 that is both Managed and POE. It enabled LACP like others have reported with V1.9.

Attachments

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Do any of these support IPv6?
I don't think these ones with the more basic management UI support it, but I could be wrong.

The slightly older ones with the more feature rich UI do support IPv6 through the CLI, but it's commented out in the web UI (can be enabled with Developer tools in your browser). I haven't tried it though.

Reactions: aristaportal

aristaportal

Jan 21, 2024
  • The management interface does not support any secure protocols, and it appears to listen on its' static IP on any VLAN on any port.
I got a reply from Seekswan that their engineers are able to make a firmware version where the management interface only listens on one port. I am seeking clarification if it can further be restricted to a separate management VLAN.

ncage

Mar 8, 2024
On jumbo frames:
1710444907197.png

Does anyone know if you have a situation that is mixed for packet size should you just set it to the highest value possible? I've had switches where you have to enable jumbo frames (ubiquity/unifi) but i've never had one when you had to specify the packet size

aristaportal

Jan 21, 2024
I got a reply from Seekswan that their engineers are able to make a firmware version where the management interface only listens on one port. I am seeking clarification if it can further be restricted to a separate management VLAN.
Well, that was a hard no.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
On jumbo frames:
View attachment 35388

Does anyone know if you have a situation that is mixed for packet size should you just set it to the highest value possible? I've had switches where you have to enable jumbo frames (ubiquity/unifi) but i've never had one when you had to specify the packet size
Yes, that's my understanding. :)

aristaportal

Jan 21, 2024
HTTPS was a hard no as well.

Don Demetrio

Feb 26, 2024
On jumbo frames:
View attachment 35388

You can leave safely 9216, this is the maximum value and there is no app that will use higher. Also the software normally is adjusting the frame size if there are issues. 16383 is way beyond the crc algorithm to be reliable and I don't know app to need such higher value. These giant frame sizes were developed for SAN storages that send data in data center switches but no real use for us. You can leave whatever bigger than 1600 and nothing will change for you. 9200 is general top limit that I've seen recently on telecom equipment. The Ubiquity you mention has option jumbo frame - this is anything higher than 1500 that is called 'jumbo' but what exactly it is in your case? Ubiquity does not tell it just sets something predefined. For me is much better to have the exact value - here at least you know what it is despite not needed such high.

Last edited:

kriansa

Jun 2, 2022
I know this is not ideal, but it's much better thant the current behavior. Did you happen to receive further contact from them about this new firmware?

redliquid

Mar 12, 2024
Hello guys. Have you tried the SFP+ port? I want to connect two places via fiber over 200m distance (Horaco 2xZX-SWTGW215AS 5xRJ45 + SFP+). I want to achieve 10Gbit connection. I already have a multimode cable, but I don't know which SFP+ modules should I buy.
1711088622890.png

I already bought SFP-10GSR-85:
1711088863023.png
but it is not compatible (official support told me that, but when I asked for a compatible devices they do not respond clearly).

Any advice?

Last edited: