Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I was going to say that I imagine that it's similar to the other managed Realtek based switches like the Mokerlink, Hasivo, etc. we've seen within the last year or so. The few I've seen have the exact same interface, apart from the branding at the top left of the UI. Looking more closely at the pictures I can see that the interface looks different to my Hasivo though.

Patrick didn't mention what issues he was referring to? Can you link to the video or article where it was mentioned?

If it was a software issue, it's possible that it has gotten a firmware update since then. That was the case for the Hasivo S600WP-5GT-2SX_SE I'm messing around with at this very moment.

While I don't have personal experience with that particular switch you linked, it is probably fine. :)

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
Here you go: https://www.servethehome.com/the-ul...gear-hasivo-mokerlink-trendnet-zyxel-tp-link/

The new 8x 2.5GbE and 1x SFP+ switches came out after we did the original guide. The Horaco is the least expensive, but it is also the only one we had an issue with and it took more than two weeks longer to arrive than the Amazon ones. Video for those four switches above. Now, some new offerings from companies like YuanLey and Davuaz are pushing prices down considerably to well under $100.

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
These are all unmanaged. Thoguh i'm pretty sure the underlying hw is the same, the only managed types i've seen (from this rtl8373+rtl8224) are from horaco and xikestor.
Right, yeah. I just thought the issue that Patrick was saying can carry over to the managed version of the switch. Have you personally use the managed ones from Horaco and Xikestor? Also, are the firmwares of these switches upgradeable?

Last edited:

joeribl

Jun 6, 2021
Right, yeah. I just thought the issue that Patrick was saying can carry over to the managed version of the switch. Have you personally use the managed ones from Horaco and Xikestor? Also, are the firmwares of these switches upgradeable?
I bought the Xikestor; 8*2.5 + 1*10Gb a couple of days ago. With the sale that Ali is doing I payed less then 100 euro including a SFP MMF module. Haven't received it yet.

It should be based on the same low power platform as the unmanaged ones. I suspect. the firmware is delivered by Realtek. The only difference between Xikestor and Horaco seems to be the logo.

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
I bought a 8 port 2.5gbe POE + 1 10gbe managed switch from Sirivision (S25G2109FP 8 2.5G RJ45 PoE+ Ports and 1 10G SFP+ Slot Web Smart PoE Switch-Sirivision poe switch managed switch wireless router) for around 82 USD from Taobao. It's been working pretty great so far.
Oh wow, that is super cheap! Managed, with PoE, and 2.5GbE! Mind posting a link to that specific unit?

I bought the Xikestor; 8*2.5 + 1*10Gb a couple of days ago. With the sale that Ali is doing I payed less then 100 euro including a SFP MMF module. Haven't received it yet.

It should be based on the same low power platform as the unmanaged ones. I suspect. the firmware is delivered by Realtek. The only difference between Xikestor and Horaco seems to be the logo.
I was actually looking for that specific switch from the Xikestor store but for some reason I cannot find it. Maybe they're out of stock or something?

terencelzw

Aug 23, 2023
Oh wow, that is super cheap! Managed, with PoE, and 2.5GbE! Mind posting a link to that specific unit?

I was actually looking for that specific switch from the Xikestor store but for some reason I cannot find it. Maybe they're out of stock or something?
Here's the link https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/de...g.list.1&id=727541880997&item_id=727541880997

You probably need a forwarder or sth since this is a Chinese site. But managed to ship this to Singapore where I'm from

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
Here's the link 天貓淘寶海外,花更少,買到寶!

You probably need a forwarder or sth since this is a Chinese site. But managed to ship this to Singapore where I'm from
Yeah, using a forwarder is fine for me and I'm used to that. Could this be the same seller in Alibaba?

Have you found any reviews for this switch?

terencelzw

Aug 23, 2023
Yeah, using a forwarder is fine for me and I'm used to that. Could this be the same seller in Alibaba?

Have you found any reviews for this switch?
Should be the same. Sirivison. There's reviews in the link i shared (you'll need to translate). Generally positive reviews

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
Should be the same. Sirivison. There's reviews in the link i shared (you'll need to translate). Generally positive reviews
Yeah but it looks like I need to have an account with Taobao for me to check the reviews. I can't read Chinese and having a hard time doing it even with Google Translate. The price is super too good to be true so I'm wondering how they sell at that price.

Oh btw, is the GUI in English?

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Yeah but it looks like I need to have an account with Taobao for me to check the reviews. I can't read Chinese and having a hard time doing it even with Google Translate. The price is super too good to be true so I'm wondering how they sell at that price.

Oh btw, is the GUI in English?
It's probably based on the same new Realtek platform as the ones with 4 RJ45 + 2 SFP+. If the total switching capacity is 60 Gbps, that seems to be a good indicator. Those unmanaged models regularly sell for $50-80 on AliExpress and Amazon. The additional cost of adding management isn't necessarily all that high if the platform vendor (Realtek) provides a generic firmware base they can use.

This new platform probably isn't all that expensive, so that's probably the answer to gow they can sell them for that price. Not bothering with regularly certifications probably also help a bit. I also imagine that they lower their margins a bit when selling to the domestic Chinese market.

There even switches sold on AliExpress without English UI, so that's certainly a good thing to confirm beforehand when buying on Taobao. :D

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
It's probably based on the same new Realtek platform as the ones with 4 RJ45 + 2 SFP+. If the total switching capacity is 60 Gbps, that seems to be a good indicator. Those unmanaged models regularly sell for $50-80 on AliExpress and Amazon. The additional cost of adding management isn't necessarily all that high if the platform vendor (Realtek) provides a generic firmware base they can use.

This new platform probably isn't all that expensive, so that's probably the answer to gow they can sell them for that price. Not bothering with regularly certifications probably also help a bit. I also imagine that they lower their margins a bit when selling to the domestic Chinese market.

There even switches sold on AliExpress without English UI, so that's certainly a good thing to confirm beforehand when buying on Taobao. :D
I get that but this is also PoE. I don't see any PoE managed 2.5GbE switch that's less than $100. Thoughts?

Are the ones with the 4 rj45 + 2 sfp newer than the ones with 8+1?

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I get that but this is also PoE. I don't see any PoE managed 2.5GbE switch that's less than $100. Thoughts?

Are the ones with the 4 rj45 + 2 sfp newer than the ones with 8+1?
Oh, right. I don't know how much additional cost PoE adds in practice, but it's probably not all that expensive. Still, I would expect the price to be a bit higher, but I'm used to seeing very low prices on Taobao.

I think there are both newer and older (still relatively new) versions of 8 + 1 switches. For the ones with 2 SPF+ ports, you can be pretty sure that 4 RJ45 2.5 Gbit/s port switches are newer than the ones with 5 ports. Basically, the new platform is more integrated but has a slightly lower total switching capacity. For the 8 + 1, I think they simply split one of the 10 Gbit/s links to 4 x 2.5 Gbit/s ports.

devast

Jun 28, 2023

I did exactly the same. With all the coupons and sale and etc, it was too good for ~93eur including my 27% VAT. It will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.
I think the taobao one with poe will eventually appear on aliexpress as well, under some brand name.

terencelzw

Aug 23, 2023

I managed to request for an English UI. But by default it's in chinese.

Attachments

Reactions: blunden

kevindd992002

Oct 4, 2021
Oh, right. I don't know how much additional cost PoE adds in practice, but it's probably not all that expensive. Still, I would expect the price to be a bit higher, but I'm used to seeing very low prices on Taobao.

I think there are both newer and older (still relatively new) versions of 8 + 1 switches. For the ones with 2 SPF+ ports, you can be pretty sure that 4 RJ45 2.5 Gbit/s port switches are newer than the ones with 5 ports. Basically, the new platform is more integrated but has a slightly lower total switching capacity. For the 8 + 1, I think they simply split one of the 10 Gbit/s links to 4 x 2.5 Gbit/s ports.
The switching capacity should just be at least the number of ports multipled by the respective bandwidth per port, no? If it's higher than that, what do we gain?

I did exactly the same. With all the coupons and sale and etc, it was too good for ~93eur including my 27% VAT. It will take 1-2 weeks to arrive.
I think the taobao one with poe will eventually appear on aliexpress as well, under some brand name.
Yeah, I think so. So it will be more expensive. That switch you bought also has a managed version but I can't find it anywhere in Xike's website. Do you guys see it? REF: [aliexpress] ethernet switch: 2.5g, 8+1 port, Horaco brand, $127.84; see also amazon.ca - Page 5 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

I managed to request for an English UI. But by default it's in chinese.
When you say "request", is that through a firmware that they provide you to update with? I know the Horaco ones cannot be updated according to the Horaco seller in AliExpress.

That ui looks almost the same as :View attachment 31739
And for which brand is this UI for?