Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

FragRot

Feb 18, 2024
For Horaco switches, are we able to upload self-signed certificate for HTTPS access? Thinking of getting one to replace my existing managed switch.

Nov 12, 2023
Got the switch to enhance my 2.5 GbE capabilities in December. Bit weird to only have one SFP+ for eight 2.5 GbE ports. Would love to see a new version with two SFP+ ports to fully enable all ports utilizing the full bandwidth at the same time. But realistically this is only nerd stuff as I've never seen a scenario where all 8 ports were fully transmitting their full bandwidth over the uplink.
Other than that a neat little switch which does its job. Sadly it just went up from 70 to 82 Euro a few minutes ago. Got mine for 110 Euro though and still seeing the value.
VLANs working fine, STP working fine. I'm happy!

Used it on a small lan party last week to add five admins to the core switch via SFP+ uplink. They were absolutely amazed to have 2.5 GbE connections (those with 2.5G NICs however that is :'D). At home it is attached to a 12 port SFP+ switch. Can use the full speed from my NAS to my 2.5 GbE PC and vice versa. Also VLANs working across both switches. So ... "works for me" I guess :)

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Got the switch to enhance my 2.5 GbE capabilities in December. Bit weird to only have one SFP+ for eight 2.5 GbE ports. Would love to see a new version with two SFP+ ports to fully enable all ports utilizing the full bandwidth at the same time.
It's a limitation of the switch chip/platform used. That's why it's available in either 4 + 2 or 8 + 1 variants. There are new switches using MaxLinear switch chips hitting the market that support 8 + 2 though, although unmanaged versions so far.

First saw it mentioned here.

eastlakeshoretech

Feb 22, 2024
Does anyone have a reference for the hardware? I have a Mokerlink unit that resets to manufacturer defaults on power loss, but I don't find a CMOS battery.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Try creating the user root (password doesn't matter), save config changes. SSH in. Profit! (Hopefully).
Are you just guessing or have you seen that same error before? :D

EDIT: Wow, that actually worked! :D

EDIT 2: Even logging in over SSH with the other accounts you've created also work now.

Last edited:

trevmlt

Feb 25, 2024
Help!

I have a XikeStor SKS3200M-8GPY1XF that bricked when I attempted to update the firmware. It has the SWTG118AS-V2.0 PCB. How exactly do I connect to the serial console on this so I can recover it? Also, I have a FTDI USB UART FT232BL i was planning to use for this. Will that work?

Sorry for the noob questions, first time I have tried to do something like this.

trevmlt

Feb 25, 2024
Just want to say thank you to folks in here. I bricked my XikeStor 8 +1 managed by installing the wrong firmware (used the SWTG118AS as this is what the PCB was marked as).

The router did not automatically switch over to recovery mode, but once I hooked up a FTDI USB to serial and powered on while holding the Esc key with Putty open and set to use the ttyUSB0 connection and at 57600 it came to life and I was able to load the correct firmware.

For anyone else flashing a managed switch, make sure you use SWTGW218AS even though the PCB is marked 118AS.

Also, I came across another "brand" of this same switch called "YuLinca" on amazon.ca. I just received so I haven't cracked it open yet, but from the outside other than the faceplate and the fact that this one bears the UKCA mark in addition to the CE mark, it is identical.

The power supply is not the same. The YuLinca looks and feels a lot cheaper than what came with the XikeStor. $109 CAD with $10 off coupon.

Reactions: blunden

dvnevares

Oct 20, 2023
Do you remove ports from vlan 1 when you configure other vlans? When I try to remove all ports from vlan1 I end up losing access to the switch's web.
I don't know if it's because I'm doing something wrong. I can remove some ports but not all.

klosz007

Jul 26, 2021
This is expected becuase of current design/limitation - Web interface is bound to default VLAN 1 (there is no option to move management to another VLAN - at least in most recent firmware) so if you remove all ports from VLAN 1 then there's no port through you could access management interface.
These switches are cheap but full of limits.

Reactions: dvnevares

Pante

Feb 6, 2024
Just want to say thank you to folks in here. I bricked my XikeStor 8 +1 managed by installing the wrong firmware (used the SWTG118AS as this is what the PCB was marked as).

The router did not automatically switch over to recovery mode, but once I hooked up a FTDI USB to serial and powered on while holding the Esc key with Putty open and set to use the ttyUSB0 connection and at 57600 it came to life and I was able to load the correct firmware.

For anyone else flashing a managed switch, make sure you use SWTGW218AS even though the PCB is marked 118AS.

Also, I came across another "brand" of this same switch called "YuLinca" on amazon.ca. I just received so I haven't cracked it open yet, but from the outside other than the faceplate and the fact that this one bears the UKCA mark in addition to the CE mark, it is identical.

The power supply is not the same. The YuLinca looks and feels a lot cheaper than what came with the XikeStor. $109 CAD with $10 off coupon.
Hello friends,

On the SKS3200M-8GPY1XF, the SYS LED blinks all the time. When the RJ45 cable is plugged into the socket, the LEDs do not light up. Reset of the device does not help. Probably, the firmware may have been damaged. Please help. Please step by step what I need and how to fix it. Help!!!

Doesn't respond to call IP: 192.168.10.12

Device does not enter 192.168.1.1 mode

Below is a picture of the motherboard.

photo1
photo2

PCB: SWTG118AS-v2.1-17462

---
I buy FTDI FT232BL FT232 USB 2.0

Foto

Device FTDI FT232BL OK ??

I have a few questions.

1. Which pins to connect on the motherboard (pictures above) with the FTDI FT232BL USB device (if possible please send me a sample photo).

2. what software will I need to upload the new software?

3.Brief instructions so that I can upload the new original soft.

4. Can I program the flash itself using CH341 programmer?

Please step by step to revive my device. Thank You my friend's!!!

Last edited:

up-n-atom

Neko
May 30, 2019
Canada
www.eleventwentytwo.com
I have a few questions.

1. Which pins to connect on the motherboard (pictures above) with the FTDI FT232BL USB device (if possible please send me a sample photo).

2. what software will I need to upload the new software?

3.Brief instructions so that I can upload the new original soft.

4. Can I program the flash itself using CH341 programmer?

Please step by step to revive my device. Thank You my friend's!!!
Usually a fast blinking LED indicates it's in download mode at http://192.168.1.1 (not https, some browsers will force https so disable that feature)

1. SWTG118AS/photos/SWTG118AS-v1.0/SWTG118AS-v1-pcb-front.jpg at main · up-n-atom/SWTG118AS And make sure the jumper is set for 3.3V and you might need to swap RX and TX wires but typically it would be RX to TX and TX to RX (DO NOT CONNECT VCC)
2. Terminal Emulator like Putty or RealTerm or TeraTerm assuming you're on Windows and a Web Browser
3. You'll need to Google and follow the serial setup and eventually power on the device and hold ESC in the terminal
4. Maybe...

Pante

Feb 6, 2024
Usually a fast blinking LED indicates it's in download mode at http://192.168.1.1 (not https, some browsers will force https so disable that feature)

1. SWTG118AS/photos/SWTG118AS-v1.0/SWTG118AS-v1-pcb-front.jpg at main · up-n-atom/SWTG118AS And make sure the jumper is set for 3.3V and you might need to swap RX and TX wires but typically it would be RX to TX and TX to RX (DO NOT CONNECT VCC)
2. Terminal Emulator like Putty or RealTerm or TeraTerm assuming you're on Windows and a Web Browser
Is this how it should be ?
I hope this will be helpful to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: switchfan

switchfan

Jan 14, 2024
Does somebody have a firmware for the 5-port-version of this switch, called SWTGW215AS?
I bricked mine because I accidentally flashed firmware 1.9 for the SWTGW218AS.... :-(

Horaco, the seller on Aliexpress, did not repsond so far to my request :-(

Edit: Just saw that Horaco responded at Aliexpress, I just got no notification...
Firmware-Link for the 5-port version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQ5fveQ4MlB-j_KM_3d-q2WriB70XD5O/view?usp=drive_link

Edit2: Uploading the firmware worked fine after forcing the bootloader to fw-ugrade-mode vie "ESC"-Key of the serial console.

Be aware of the pitfall: I had some issues because 192.168.1.1 is my router, so I just unplugged my usual network and plugged in the switch. I got to the fw-update page of the switch, but after starting the update the connection got lost. Turned out that my network card was configured to use DHCP, which obviously won't work without router/DHCP-server...

Last edited:
Reactions: blunden

switchfan

Jan 14, 2024
Try creating the user root (password doesn't matter), save config changes. SSH in. Profit! (Hopefully).
For which hardware / firmware does this work?
It does not work for SWTGW215AS / SWTGW218AS with FW 1.9. Switch does not respond to ssh at all.

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
For which hardware / firmware does this work?
It does not work for SWTGW215AS / SWTGW218AS with FW 1.9. Switch does not respond to ssh at all.
It's for a completely different switch platform (RTL8373 + RTL8224), which is why I directed the user (I think it was the same user) to the Hasivo thread for the particular unit that Mokerlink rebranded. :)

The devices being discussed here in this thread generally have a less feature rich management interface (seems to be a totally different code base), but at the same time seemingly fewer bugs. :)