Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

felixtheflash

Apr 9, 2024
Yeah when the picture was taken it was connected to the rest of the network. It is however not connected to anything else than my laptop right now, and still not able to connect to it. I am in contact with Horaco directly, hoping they can sort it out. So far though, not much luck with that either :(

Grijzekop

Mar 22, 2024
Have you tried 192.168.1.1?

Someone wrote:
Horaco Service helped me: The switch is listening on 192.168.1.1 with its "firmware page" if it fails to boot. So I could recover my switch.

felixtheflash

Apr 9, 2024
Found the error, i was using https like the manual said not http. I tried both but that was before switching subnets. Thanks for trying to help me guys.

Reactions: blunden

BeefStu

Jan 21, 2024
Amazon has the NICGIGA 8+1 managed for $84.98
This morning I just received the YuLinca 8+1 managed for $84.99-15%=$73.09 from Amazon and it's the same internals and web interface.

YuLinca_web_v1.9.jpg

I need one with 2x SFP+ (1 for NAS, 1 for uplink to a Mikrotik at the other side of the house) so I'm picking up the Sodola 4+2 managed for $59.99-$6-$6=$47.99 to try out. Based on Amazon product photos, the Sodola has the same "SWITCH" web interface as all the rest.
sodola_web.jpg

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
Based on Amazon product photos, the Sodola has the same "SWITCH" web interface as all the rest.
View attachment 36082
Yes, they are probably manufactured by the same company too. I think the management interface comes from the Realtek SDK for that platform, if I'm not mistaken. :)

The only difference is likely the sticker on the front and the model number they set. You can customize the latter yourself using the hidden menus mentioned earlier in the thread.

There is also lots of information about some of these Realtek switch platforms on the OpenWrt forum and here from people working on adding support for some of them in OpenWrt and also rewriting their Linux drivers for upstreaming.

bards1888

May 2, 2020
Just received mine. Have setup a LACP Trunk Group on ports 7 & 8

1713244303744.png

1713244366309.png

but can't seem to figure out how to easily tag vlans on the trunk. Should there be a virtual 'Aggregated Port' or do I have to tag vlans to both ports 7 & 8 separately ? The manual is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike !

Last edited:

Shonk

Nov 25, 2016
My AmpCom 8+1 1.9 Firmware from the factory
doesnt flash the sys light all the time btw
its solid green

The only thing i have changed though is in ftdft.cgi

IP Address
Gateway
Default Password

mattlach

Aug 1, 2014
Can't say I would put any Chinese/noname branded switch on my network.

If something isn't designed in Europe (or Japan, Taiwan or South Korea) I'm probably never going to trust it.

Of the switches in the guide, I'd trust:
- Mikrotik
- Netgear
- QNap

I might be persuaded to trust the following (but I am not there yet)
- Zyxel (hey, I remember them from the modem days!)
- TrendNET (may not be from an authoritarian country, but is synonymous with cheap and disposable garbage tech as far as I am concerned)
- Asustor (Asus is a well known brand, but maybe not for their serious network tech...)

I would not trust any of the rest:
- Davuaz
- Hasivo
- ienRon
- Keeplink
- Mokerlink
- Nicgiga
- Sodola
- Tenda
- TP-Link
- Vimin
- Xikestor
- YuanLey
- YuLinca

The spammy "random product name generator" brands from authoritarian China with derivative copy & paste tech will never find a place on my network. And you ought to really think twice before using them too. They are a significant security risk.

Stick to real brands instead.

Last edited:

Shonk

Nov 25, 2016

If something isn't designed in Europe (or Japan, Taiwan or South Korea) I'm probably never going to trust it.

- Mikrotik
- Netgear
- QNap

- TrendNET (may not be from an authoritarian country, but is synonymous with cheap and disposable garbage tech as far as I am concerned)
- Asustor (Asus is a well known brand, but maybe not for their serious network tech...)

- Davuaz
- Hasivo
- ienRon
- Keeplink
- Mokerlink
- Nicgiga
- Sodola
- Tenda
- TP-Link
- Vimin
- Xikestor
- YuanLey
- YuLinca

The spammy "random product name generator" brands from authoritarian China with derivative copy & paste tech will never find a place on my network. And you ought to really think twice before using them too. They are a significant security risk.

Its not really spammy though
They are made by a manufacturer and offered for sale branded for the oem
they all run the same firmware and are made in the same factory

There are so many of them as oem's have realised they are popular
so they have requested the manufacturer make a model for them
they cant just use Hasivo's model number for example
so have to specify a model number and if they want any changes to the case colour and such

You missed one AmpCom

They have been tested by servethehome briefly and they dont seem to be sending out any data

if your that worried you can not set a gateway or block its access at the router

and tbh do you think for a second the NSA/GCHQ hasnt got root access to everything if required?

my personal feelings on the matter is i would prefer China to have root access than NSA/GCHQ

Last edited:

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
For what it's worth, I have my gateway setup to watch for ANY traffic coming from my Horaco switch to the outside world and block it. Not a single packet yet.

And most of these no-name switches are Realtek cookie cutter designs. Realtek is Taiwan based, so they're a bit less likely to want to destroy their own reputation by back dooring their products.

Shonk

Nov 25, 2016
I have found the manufacturer of the 8+1 Switches by looking up the MAC its
Shenzhen Hongrui Optical Technology the non oem model is HR-SWTGW218AS
and its here

Original Hardware
HR-SWTGW218AS HRUI

Known OEM/ODM Version's

SL-SWTGW218AS Sodola
ZX-SWTGW218AS Horaco
WAMJHJ-8125MNG AmpCom
SKS3200M-8GPY1XF Xikestore

Known PCB Revision's of Managed Version

PCB-SWTG118AS-V2.0
PCB-SWTG118AS-V2.1

Known Firmware Links
SKS3200M-8GPY1XF

We should be able to chase HRUI up for firmware updates

Something along the lines of

Hi I have a HR-SWTGW218AS with firmware 1.3
any chance of getting a copy of the latest firmware
they may send 1.9 they may send 2.0 who knows..

Last edited:

blunden

Nov 29, 2019
I have found the manufacturer of the 8+1 Switches by looking up the MAC its
Shenzhen Hongrui Optical Technology the non oem model is HR-SWTGW218AS
and its here

Original Hardware
HR-SWTGW218AS HRUI

Known OEM/ODM Version's

SL-SWTGW218AS Sodola
ZX-SWTGW218AS Horaco
WAMJHJ-8125MNG AmpCom
SKS3200M-8GPY1XF Xikestore

Known PCB Revision's of Managed Version

PCB-SWTG118AS-V2.0
PCB-SWTG118AS-V2.1

Known Firmware Links
SKS3200M-8GPY1XF

We should be able to chase HRUI up for firmware updates

Something along the lines of

Hi I have a HR-SWTGW218AS with firmware 1.3
any chance of getting a copy of the latest firmware
they may send 1.9 they may send 2.0 who knows..
Great find! :)

How nice of them to leave the original MAC. Some of these other switches just use unregistered MAC addresses (presumably random), but at least they sometimes print the OEM logo on the PCB.

Shonk

Nov 25, 2016
Is anyone actually using the SFP+ Port

One direction is dog for me

SFP+ to RJ45 in Switch Linked at 10Gbps
9900k = AQC113C 10Gbps Link Speed
12900k = 2 x Realtek 8125b

SMB
Remoted into 9900k
12900k to 9900k 566 MB/s
9900k to 12900k 180 start 3xx finish

12900k Actual
12900k to 9900k 566 MB/s
9900k to 12900k 40 start 240 finish
9900k to 12900k 40 start 250 finish (SMB Multipath disabled by disableing one nic in 12900k)
9900k to 12900k 283 MB/s (SFP+ Bypassed 9900k directly into RJ45 Port Linked at 2.5 Gbps x 1)
9900k to 12900k 566 MB/s (SFP+ Bypassed 9900k directly into RJ45 Ports 2 x RTL8125b Linked at 2.5 Gbps x 2)

iperf3 is fine i can get 283 MB/s from both ip's at the same time (566 MB/s)
iperf3 --reverse is fine i can get 283MB/s from both ip's at the same time (566 MB/s)

but SMB really doesnt like going in one direction

iperf.png16k.png

Last edited:

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
The switching capacity should just be at least the number of ports multipled by the respective bandwidth per port, no? If it's higher than that, what do we gain?

Yeah, I think so. So it will be more expensive. That switch you bought also has a managed version but I can't find it anywhere in Xike's website. Do you guys see it? REF: [aliexpress] ethernet switch: 2.5g, 8+1 port, Horaco brand, $127.84; see also amazon.ca - Page 5 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

When you say "request", is that through a firmware that they provide you to update with? I know the Horaco ones cannot be updated according to the Horaco seller in AliExpress.

And for which brand is this UI for?
XikeStor

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
Amazon has the NICGIGA 8+1 managed for $84.98
This morning I just received the YuLinca 8+1 managed for $84.99-15%=$73.09 from Amazon and it's the same internals and web interface.

View attachment 36081

I need one with 2x SFP+ (1 for NAS, 1 for uplink to a Mikrotik at the other side of the house) so I'm picking up the Sodola 4+2 managed for $59.99-$6-$6=$47.99 to try out. Based on Amazon product photos, the Sodola has the same "SWITCH" web interface as all the rest.
View attachment 36082
why not this one for cheaper? www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN6H5JWW

pigr8

Jul 13, 2017

- Mikrotik
- Netgear
- QNap

- Davuaz
- Hasivo
- ienRon
- Keeplink
- Mokerlink
- Nicgiga
- Sodola
- Tenda
- TP-Link
- Vimin
- Xikestor
- YuanLey
- YuLinca

this comment makes little to no sense, you trust a "real brand" basend on what? do you really think that only because a specific device has XX name on it it's safe to use and fully trust? pretty naive if you ask me, because it has been demonstrated that is not so at all, really, just trust google and microsoft with your data only because they are "real brands".

buy a device, inspect the source code and compile it on your own, flash it, so you can be "sure-er".. hoping you did not miss a backdoor (Gigabyte anyone?).. and btw, you trust netgear? well, lol.

i keep my local net disconnected from the rest of the world, 100% sure.

pigr8

Jul 13, 2017
i got 2x Apcom 8+1 managed switches on superdeal, 110€ total shipped.. i will report here the inside and how the fw looks.

Sorandict

Mar 11, 2024
Hello friends,

On the SKS3200M-8GPY1XF, the SYS LED blinks all the time. When the RJ45 cable is plugged into the socket, the LEDs do not light up. Reset of the device does not help. Probably, the firmware may have been damaged. Please help. Please step by step what I need and how to fix it. Help!!!

Doesn't respond to call IP: 192.168.10.12

Device does not enter 192.168.1.1 mode

Below is a picture of the motherboard.

photo1
photo2

PCB: SWTG118AS-v2.1-17462

---
I buy FTDI FT232BL FT232 USB 2.0

Foto

Device FTDI FT232BL OK ??

I have a few questions.

1. Which pins to connect on the motherboard (pictures above) with the FTDI FT232BL USB device (if possible please send me a sample photo).

2. what software will I need to upload the new software?

3.Brief instructions so that I can upload the new original soft.

4. Can I program the flash itself using CH341 programmer?

Please step by step to revive my device. Thank You my friend's!!!

I hope this helps.
1713858452068.png

Reactions: devast

djr747

Mar 28, 2024
It looks like TP-Link is now selling a version of this switch:

If the firmware is compatible that might be very interesting. I don't see any firmware downloads on their web site.
Here is an unboxing with some photos and screenshots but no internals shown.