[Homelab] Looking for advice on hardware for small Proxmox node.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dodheimsgard

Mar 19, 2017
Hey guys

Im planning to setup small proxmox node based on ryzen 2700x (or similar), maybe some of you have similar setup and you could share your setup specs (cpu, mobo, ram etc.)? Ive read about proxmox freezing on ryzen so Im little afraid to buy something without knowing if Proxmox will run fine on my hardware or not.

sboesch

Aug 3, 2012
Columbus, OH
Hey guys

Im planning to setup small proxmox node based on ryzen 2700x (or similar), maybe some of you have similar setup and you could share your setup specs (cpu, mobo, ram etc.)? Ive read about proxmox freezing on ryzen so Im little afraid to buy something without knowing if Proxmox will run fine on my hardware or not.

I have two Ryzen 3700X Proxmox servers. One with the ASRock Rack X470D4U board and 64GB GSkill Aegis DDR4 3000mhz RAM, the other is running on an ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 board and 64GB of Timetec DDR4 3600mhz RAM. Both systems use SAS9300-8i HBA's and server pull Intel X520-DA2 10GBE NIC's. I have never experienced freezes, pretty rock solid platform. Proxmox runs fine on commodity hardware, there are a bunch of people running Ryzen 2700X systems.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Proxmox is Debian. Debian and Ubuntu are supported on EPYC right?

We're the freezing reports old?