EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Szala

Mar 23, 2024
I've not had any issues setting up fan curves, what part do you find strange?
My issue was that no matter what I changed, it stayed at the same RPM. Can you maybe provide some screenshot on your set up and explain a bit how it works?

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
My issue was that no matter what I changed, it stayed at the same RPM. Can you maybe provide some screenshot on your set up and explain a bit how it works?
Same problem here. If your fan curve is working, can you download the config for that only and post here, if that’s not too much.

helskor

Aug 26, 2023
Screenshot 2024-04-25 213720.png

Here's an example of the CPU temp policy (policy's are just different curves, you can have one for CPU, one for ambient temp, etc).
The policy reference table is where you define the key values to create the curve:
At 30C I want the PWM load on the fan(s) to be 30% and increase linearly 100% PWM load at 90C
(this policy also affects multiple fan headers as seen in Fan section)
Maybe check the sensors panel in the dashboard to make sure your CPU is reading temps properly and you are sure your fans are PWM?

This is just an example, I'm probably going to add a few steps and lower the top value a bit.

Serhan

Sep 22, 2017
I‘m having some issues where the detected memory frequency doesn’t match the actual specs of my kit.

I have two 16GB Crucial (non ecc) 3200MHz DIMMs.
But the BIOS reports them at only 2133MHz.
After messing around a bit I found an option in the overclocking section to set the frequency to 3200MHz. However the board then refuses to boot and requires a BIOS clear.

any idea what I need to change to use the full 3200MHz?

thanks a lot

I have the same Crucial Pro Memory, but have 4 x 32gb dimms. Bios initially reported mine at 2133mhz. I updated bios to F14 from this thread via UEFI, the system now shows these modules running at 3200MHz. I did not change any of the settings.

Reactions: etorix

koaly

Dec 19, 2023
That's impressive.
What OS?
Can you run Turbostat and check the package Power?

Seems like the ACQ107 truly does have good deep sleep/low idle power.
I have Unraid and I think this command is not available. I can run powertop

Kapel

Dec 26, 2016
Hey,

I've bought this motherboard. Managed to update the BMC to the newest available on the website and the BIOS to F13.

The processor I've got is AMD Ryzen 5 5600
The ram is a Kingston Fury KF432C16BBK2/64

The BIOS is capable of reading both correctly, can connect through the html KVM.
However the BMC does not pick up the newest versions of the BIOS (still shows it's F06). I'll let it run for a bit and see where it goes.
The BMC does not pick up the CPU and RAM straight away as well. (Showing a Ryzen 3600 and 128G of RAM)

Edit:
Not sure if it's a matter of time, or the fact I've booted into an installation-media, but it picked up the F13 bios in BMC as well as filled the correct inventory.

Edit2:

I've also got a AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650GE, but it's not posting.

Edit3:

I've inserted the AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650GE with the F13 bios - it's booting.
Now I need to get some working RAM, because I've cannibalized my daily PC.

Last edited:

xm88

May 3, 2024
mangohost.net
Hi, guys
I have some of these boards and there is one serious issue with them that i cant figure how to resolve.

I tried : different CPU Ryzen 5900X and Ryzen 5950X
different RAM sticks
different PSU
different Mainboards, coolers, heatsink, etc..

I see the board consuming 35w at idle (Supermicro server)
At load (CPU-Z stress test) the CPU temperature going to 90C in just 3-5 seconds, stays there at 90 degrees all the time.

When i stop benchmarking, the CPU temp goes to 35-40 degrees very fast, in around ~2 seconds.

Tried different BIOS too.
What is wrong with it? Maybe somebody had similar issue?

sparkgap

May 3, 2024
Bought one of these board, didn't post using an ryzen 5 pro 4650ge. Figured it needed a Bios/BMC update
Tried to update the BMC, uploading works but when verifying it refuses to continue "Failed due to verification image fail"

xm88

May 3, 2024
mangohost.net
Do not update from web interface, if there is a warning about that the system did not detect version, you wont be able to update from web interface. Use the windows/dos/linux for firmware update as well as the bios update.

phol

Apr 1, 2017
Bought one of these board, didn't post using an ryzen 5 pro 4650ge. Figured it needed a Bios/BMC update
Tried to update the BMC, uploading works but when verifying it refuses to continue "Failed due to verification image fail"
I had this happen to me as well. On a second try it all of a sudden did work.

Make sure to select "BIOS" in the dropdown menu and only upload .rbu files to update the BIOS using the BMC.
Also, first update the BMC itself with the fw/rom.ima_enc file, before updating the BIOS.

I did it this way and have successfully made the board boot with F13 and 4650G. Before the update it didn't recognise the CPU.

Last edited:

sparkgap

May 3, 2024
I had this happen to me as well. On a second try it all of a sudden did work.

Make sure to select "BIOS" in the dropdown menu and only upload .rbu files to update the BIOS using the BMC.
Also, first update the BMC itself with the fw/rom.ima_enc file, before updating the BIOS.

I did it this way and have successfully made the board boot with F13 and 4650G. Before the update it didn't recognise the CPU.
Thanks ! I assumed the .RBU also contained the BMC firmware in the same file, guess not. Updating the BMC worked, but .RBU is still not being accepted despite selecting BIOS in the dropdown.
Updating the BIOS using an OS is not option as I can't get the system to boot up with the 4650ge.

edit: Error message changed to "Failed due to update fail" which is rather cryptic

Last edited:

phol

Apr 1, 2017
Perhaps first trying an older but newer than F06 could be a solution?
Did you try multiple browsers? Clearing browser history for the BMC?
I also saw completely pulling the plug and waiting for a few minutes before powering the system on again as a suggestion that worked for someone on HardwareLuxx.

helskor

Aug 26, 2023
Thanks ! I assumed the .RBU also contained the BMC firmware in the same file, guess not. Updating the BMC worked, but .RBU is still not being accepted despite selecting BIOS in the dropdown.
Updating the BIOS using an OS is not option as I can't get the system to boot up with the 4650ge.

edit: Error message changed to "Failed due to update fail" which is rather cryptic
I believe I had a similar issue, and reading thru the early pages of this thread it was suggested to update the bios via the UEFI which worked for me at least (I did need to get the uefi flash software from AMI as it's not included in gigabyte's downloads)

etorix

Sep 28, 2021
I assumed the .RBU also contained the BMC firmware in the same file, guess not.
No! BMC is totally independent from BIOS. There are two separate processes to update both, and two different file formats, as indicated above by @phol .

Consider that flashing BIOS always carry the risk of bricking the board if the process fail. With a BMC, it is always possible to flash the BIOS anew. And, as long as there's a working BIOS, it is possible to re-flash a bricked BMC through the UEFI shell. Now imagine flashing BIOS and BMC in one go and the whole process fails… Ooops! Bad idea.

Reactions: helskor

dbram

Mar 3, 2021
Hi,
I've been reading this thread and jumped too.

Currently I have a setup with only a Ryzen 5600x and Samsung 1TB 980 on the m2 slot and 32GB (2x16GB ECC unbuffered - at 2400)
I purchased the MB package with the included Gelid 1U cooler
now using a quite old supermicro case CSE-512 with PSU supermicro ablecom 260W 1u power supply

Proxmox running, no VM's idle at 30.1w
using the command stress-ng -c 12 -l 100 : 132W

definitively need to work on :
- the airflow on this case, cooler combo. I will need to add some sunon 40mm or blower style coolers
- some pico-psu, leicke or meanwell combo, would like to stay 1U short depth

The goal for this setup is to have 10gb ethernet and at least 2 nvme drives for storage, maybe truenas scale in passthrough or native zfs on the proxmox host.

FYI: 2 retailers in EU (Germany) are retailing the Ryzen 5600x cpu with prices floating between 101,- and 110,- EUR